UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Successful Fighters With No "Huggers"

1/24/13 9:12 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
unfilter
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
unfilter -
OneGloveJimmerson - You don't really hear many people asking when the next Okami fight is or anyone really dreading it

lol yeah~

i was saying to my buddy that, " I hate seeing Okami lose but I don't really enjoy watching him win, either."

I kind of thought about Okami when this was made. He's an awesome fighter, but it's pretty obvious he doesn't have huggers due to not being exciting.

I'd say Renan Barao doesn't seem to have a bunch of huggers even though he's pretty fun to watch and very good. Phone Post

barao's a good one too, dug up a bunch of his old fights and spent hours slaving away on a thread and about 3 people gave a fuck.

i mean 3 people = 1 fuck, not a fuck apiece even.

1/24/13 9:13 PM
unfilter
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Master Shredder - Fabricio Werdum

yeah! 

hard to love a dude who choked fedor though.

1/24/13 9:15 PM
unfilter

nick diaz nut hugger -  I do believe there is some connection with fighter's upbringing and number of nut huggers, with the equation normally being "worse upbringing=warmer nuts"

Take your Carlos Condit example. From what I've seen on him in the media, his cold nuts are the product of his healthy upbringing: married parents who seemingly loved/love each other, speaks openly about childhood without that awkward silence that makes you stop asking questions. If he were more mysterious or had more awkward pauses or silences when asked what he did in high school, his metaphorical testicular hypothermia might rise a few degrees.

Then again, my theory is fucked with the BJ Penn example. Phone Post

interesting theory.

bad childhoods make you cool, is what i'm hearing.

1/24/13 9:28 PM
unfilter

Edited: 01/24/13 9:29 PM
GSP24 -  Chael Sonnen
Rashad Evans
Michael Bisping
Josh Koscheck

Just some of the most financially successful fighters of the past 5 years. Phone Post

what kind of childhoods did they have?

1/24/13 9:31 PM
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360
170 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dong Hyun Kim kinda comes to mind in this situation. 

1/24/13 9:35 PM
unfilter

UGCTT Molsonmuscle360 - 

yep.

like okami he got friend zoned.

1/24/13 9:41 PM
unfilter

Edited: 01/24/13 9:42 PM
superCalo - 
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360 - 

He is huge in Korea, well not huge exactly probably 185 walking round.

well my math might be wrong but at 2.2 kilos to a pound that put him at about 407 kilos or something? or lemme see, 8 stones to a pound so he must weigh about 1480 stone.

dong's a big ol' boat of turkey gravy.

1/24/13 9:47 PM
part_time_lurker
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

superCalo - 
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360 - 

Actually he's not that popular here, a lot of people know who he is but Akiyama is the one they love, he's all over the TV at times, had a "Survivor" type show, and some commercials.
1/24/13 9:50 PM
unfilter

part_time_lurker - 
superCalo - 
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360 - 

Actually he's not that popular here, a lot of people know who he is but Akiyama is the one they love, he's all over the TV at times, had a "Survivor" type show, and some commercials.

interesting.  hopefully KZ gets the same treatment eventually~

what was the survivor type show about?

1/24/13 9:54 PM
unfilter

superCalo - 
part_time_lurker - 
superCalo - 
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360 - 

You South Korea ?

1/24/13 9:54 PM
part_time_lurker
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

superCalo - 
part_time_lurker - 
superCalo - 
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360 - 

You South Korea ?

Can't see the pic cuz I'm on a gov't computer, and I've been lurking here for years so I should know better than to respond to most of your posts, but yes SK, been stationed here over 3 years.
1/24/13 9:55 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

unfilter - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
unfilter -
OneGloveJimmerson - You don't really hear many people asking when the next Okami fight is or anyone really dreading it

lol yeah~

i was saying to my buddy that, " I hate seeing Okami lose but I don't really enjoy watching him win, either."

I kind of thought about Okami when this was made. He's an awesome fighter, but it's pretty obvious he doesn't have huggers due to not being exciting.

I'd say Renan Barao doesn't seem to have a bunch of huggers even though he's pretty fun to watch and very good. Phone Post

barao's a good one too, dug up a bunch of his old fights and spent hours slaving away on a thread and about 3 people gave a fuck.

Link to thread? I must have missed it, I would have posted in it lol. Barao is one my favorites.

1/24/13 10:00 PM
unfilter

Edited: 01/24/13 10:00 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
unfilter - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
unfilter -

lol yeah~

Link to thread? I must have missed it, I would have posted in it lol. Barao is one my favorites.

here you go man, i'm surprised the links still work~

1/24/13 10:05 PM
part_time_lurker

unfilter - 
part_time_lurker - 
superCalo - 
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360 - 

KZ is starting to get interest as is Bendo, they kinda like their winners here.

The show, I don't know the name, they call it Jungle Sotry or something in English, is a group of celebs that they put through survivor type situations. One show they stranded them on a a sinking homemade/makeshift raft(think Tom Hanks raft in Cast Away)and they had to make it to the big ship and climb abourd while trying to keep the raft afloat. Another one i saw they were trying to scavange for food, they were turing over rocks and eating sea creature and stuff. They also chased soemthign that looked like an eel over the reef, Akiyama got lucky and nailed it with a stick he was using like a baseball bat. I dont' really understand what's goign on, I use my wife as the translator if I see someting I want to know about, she watched the show all the damn time.
1/24/13 10:06 PM
unfilter

part_time_lurker - 
unfilter - 
part_time_lurker - 
superCalo - 
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360 - 

The show, I don't know the name, they call it Jungle Sotry or something in English, is a group of celebs that they put through survivor type situations. One show they stranded them on a a sinking homemade/makeshift raft(think Tom Hanks raft in Cast Away)and they had to make it to the big ship and climb abourd while trying to keep the raft afloat. Another one i saw they were trying to scavange for food, they were turing over rocks and eating sea creature and stuff. They also chased soemthign that looked like an eel over the reef, Akiyama got lucky and nailed it with a stick he was using like a baseball bat. I dont' really understand what's goign on, I use my wife as the translator if I see someting I want to know about, she watched the show all the damn time.

hahah~ i guess i'd tune in to any show that had sexyama clubbing an eel

1/24/13 10:10 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

unfilter - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
unfilter - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
unfilter -

lol yeah~

here you go man, i'm surprised the links still work~

They might not, I don't see anything lol

1/24/13 10:12 PM
unfilter

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - They might not, I don't see anything lol

weird, all the youtube videos play for me~ might explain why you didnt see it before though !haha
1/25/13 7:29 AM
part_time_lurker

unfilter - 
part_time_lurker - 
unfilter - 
part_time_lurker - 
superCalo - 
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360 - 

hahah~ i guess i'd tune in to any show that had sexyama clubbing an eel

Hey Unfilter, here is a link to the show : http://kshowenglishsub.blogspot.kr/2012/12/law-of-jungle-season-2-ep3.html

the part I where he catches the eel is at the start of part 5.
1/25/13 3:01 PM
unfilter

^^ thanks for the hookup man; haha~ will check it out later

1/25/13 3:05 PM
unfilter

mighty mouse is another example of a guy with a bangin' skill set who gets no love~

consistent performer but just lacks that charisma score;  we should campaign to get him on the UG.  i want to see mighty mouse use a cuss word.

1/25/13 4:07 PM
MadmanGadman
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What about mike pierce? He's been in the UFC since 2009 and only has three losses and they were to Fitch(decision), Hendricks(split decision), and Kos(split decision). He's probably one of the better fighters that no one ever talks about. Phone Post
1/25/13 4:13 PM
unfilter

MadmanGadman -  What about mike pierce? He's been in the UFC since 2009 and only has three losses and they were to Fitch(decision), Hendricks(split decision), and Kos(split decision). He's probably one of the better fighters that no one ever talks about. Phone Post

moral of the story seems to be that wrestlers with good childhoods don't get nut huggers. 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.