UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Who is Tougher: Mma Fighter or U.S. Marine ?

1/24/13 8:59 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
KingOfFighters
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_whittaker_is_the _real_demolition _man - No way to know but I'd guess the toughest Marine is tougher than the toughest MMA fighter.

This is pretty limited argument though. The toughest thing an mma fighter can go through, is keep on fighting after they've broken their hand, jaw, etc etc.....There's really not that much else they can do outside of having a crazy life of crime like lee murray.

The toughest marines would have gone through some crazy shit in iraq/vietnam just to make it out of those shitholes alive.
1/24/13 9:00 PM
mikerobmma
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

C. Spec Ops

The constant overrating of the average Marine knows no bounds. Phone Post
1/24/13 9:10 PM
KingOfFighters

mikerobmma -  C. Spec Ops

The constant overrating of the average Marine knows no bounds. Phone Post

Well the guy did said the toughest marine, not your average marine. With that said, to the last of my knowledge, 3/4 of cadets that go through marine school/crucibal whatever that thing is called pass, and become marines. So yeah pretty much anyone can be a maroon, even that pimply faced dork that scans your groceries at your neighberhood grocery store.
1/24/13 9:15 PM
KingOfFighters

marine*
1/24/13 9:24 PM
part_time_lurker
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thebigblastula - I have seen too many Marines/Army guys get KO'd to have an image of them as "tough" in my head.

Pure toughness, as a concept, I go fighter. Marines don't deal with broken noses and continuing on, marines don't lose and have to rethink everything, etc.

In a fight for my life, I go Marine, because they have knife and gun experience that the fighter doesn't, and the same way the fighter would whoop the Marine's ass 100/100 times because he just knows better technique, a Marine will outperform (and kill) a fighter there 100/100 times.

Are you really this stupid? "Marines don't deal with broken noses and continuing on" No, they deal with getting shot, taking shrapnel, and a myriad of other life threatening injuries and continue fighting, or try to survive till medics can reach them or they can be transported to the hospital. Oh, and if a marine loses in battle it most likey means they are dead, so no, they don't have to rethink everything.
1/24/13 9:57 PM
Jaybrone
272 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/24/13 9:57 PM

It is an invalid quesiton. You can't compare a prize fighter to a war fighter. You are comparing two completely different things.

But as a service member the mental strain that gets put on you in those condititons is far worse than anything in a cage imo. The mental stress of losing a fight doesn't compare to the mental stress of potentially losing your life. 

1/24/13 9:58 PM
MartialArtsMixed
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For kingoffighter, not everyone can be a marine

SAN DIEGO – Harbor police had a young military enlistee in custody within minutes of running onto the tarmac at San Diego Lindbergh Field early Thursday, authorities said.

“We were able to handcuff him and immediately we recognized that he was a Marine recruit,” said harbor police Lt. John Forsythe.

A 22-year-old recruit escaped the Marine Corps Recruit Depot, which is adjacent to San Diego’s airport, after four days of enlistment. He was caught on the tarmac near Gate 6 in Terminal 1 about 6:30 a.m. after jumping two razor-sharp fences.

The unidentified recruit was found in his boxer shorts, evidently removing his pants so they wouldn’t get snagged on the barbed wire fence, tripping the first of many security alarms. Phone Post
1/24/13 9:58 PM
MartialArtsMixed
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Forsythe said the recruit was injured from the “jump to freedom.” He was taken to a local hospital to be treated.

Forsythe said this isn’t the first time police have responded to this type of incident.

“[Recruits] somehow thought if they could get in the terminal – which once you get on the airfield you can’t even get into the terminal without setting off a lot of alarms,” he said. “He hadn’t even got to the tough part yet. They see the airport as freedom on the other side and I don’t think they develop a plan.”

Forsythe served in the Marine before he became a police officer and knows firsthand what being a recruit is about.

“I don’t know what was in his mind, but some people don’t prepare for boot camp,” he said. “Boot camp is very tough on you physically and mentally. We used to get people running from there all the time.”

“In the 80s and 90s, we used to get them a lot,” said Forsythe adding, in years past a lot of recruits tried to jump the fence.

It’s unclear what he will face back at the base, but if prosecuted he could face misdemeanor trespassing and felony car theft. Phone Post
1/24/13 10:22 PM
Forrest Spliffn

Which one?

Smh. OP is a tranny for this. Phone Post
1/24/13 10:24 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
377 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

Not really.

1/24/13 10:26 PM
uniquetechnique
518 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_mrzipplokk - 

Marine. facing death doesn't equate to having a fight imo.

This
1/24/13 10:29 PM
KingOfFighters

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?82822-Marine-Boot-Camp-Drop-Out

Marine Boot Camp Drop Out %

Can a Marine tell me why the USMC Boot Camp washout rate is so low? I was thinking around 20-25%, however Army and Navy is actually higher. It also has been higher in previous years as well.

Marine Boot Camp is supposed to be the most challenging initial recruit training in the U.S. Military, so why is the wash-out rate so low?

Do they make you graduate due to low funding? Are the recruiters more prone to get stronger recruits?

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joini...asicattrit.htm

Just wondering, because I myself am interested in becoming a Marine after my contract with the Army is up. Some insight would be awesome.

Thank you Marines--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So yes, it's harder to become a sailor, than it is a marine.
1/24/13 10:41 PM
Fedors Jim Jams

a marines referee is Death
1/24/13 10:43 PM
MartialArtsMixed

KingOfFighters - http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?82822-Marine-Boot-Camp-Drop-Out

Marine Boot Camp Drop Out %

Can a Marine tell me why the USMC Boot Camp washout rate is so low? I was thinking around 20-25%, however Army and Navy is actually higher. It also has been higher in previous years as well.

Marine Boot Camp is supposed to be the most challenging initial recruit training in the U.S. Military, so why is the wash-out rate so low?

Do they make you graduate due to low funding? Are the recruiters more prone to get stronger recruits?

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joini...asicattrit.htm

Just wondering, because I myself am interested in becoming a Marine after my contract with the Army is up. Some insight would be awesome.

Thank you Marines--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So yes, it's harder to become a sailor, than it is a marine.
That's because the other branches will let you quit, there is no quitting for the marines, you will have to try and escape like that dweeb. Phone Post
1/24/13 10:43 PM
scrapdo
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All respect to anyone who serves, but every MMA fighter fights. Not every Marine sees action, espesh during times of peace.

1/24/13 11:07 PM
jimbonice

It depends. Phone Post
1/24/13 11:14 PM
uniquetechnique
518 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all."
-----Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders
1/24/13 11:15 PM
RayRaysFunhouse
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mma is tougher than being a Marine.

I'm a Marine and wouldn't dare say I'm tougher than any professional mma fighter. Phone Post
1/24/13 11:16 PM
uniquetechnique

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!"
------Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945
1/24/13 11:18 PM
uniquetechnique

RayRaysFunhouse -  Mma is tougher than being a Marine.

I'm a Marine and wouldn't dare say I'm tougher than any professional mma fighter. Phone Post

I just voted you UP.
You are tougher than any MMA fighter I know. Thank you for fighting for our country.

Woa- I just let out a tear saying that. :)
1/24/13 11:21 PM
uniquetechnique

"Come on, you sons of bitches! Do you want to live forever?"

----GySgt. Daniel J. "Dan" Daly, USMC
near Lucy-`le-Bocage as he led the 5th Marines' attack into Belleau Wood, 6 June 1918

Thats one Tough MuthaF-er
1/24/13 11:25 PM
KingOfFighters

uniquetechnique - "Come on, you sons of bitches! Do you want to live forever?"

----GySgt. Daniel J. "Dan" Daly, USMC
near Lucy-`le-Bocage as he led the 5th Marines' attack into Belleau Wood, 6 June 1918

Thats one Tough MuthaF-er

It's really hard to get more badass than this. It's like he stared at the grim reaper, and told him to step aside, he's got bodies to deliver.
1/24/13 11:26 PM
bknumber1
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Falling into both categories of course I have to say something. While I enjoy the aura that surrounds "Marines" in the public eye, the truth of the argument comes down to the same thing it does when you ask if one MA is better than another. Truth is it depends on the individual.

Two quick reasons you cannot compare them other than those mentioned already are they have different goals and one is a team sport! Speaking of combat, I have no desire to get close enough for you to punch or grapple with me. I would prefer to shoot you with a rifle or even better IDF. When I fight, I am trying my best to get my hands on you. And it is just me in there with my opponent. In combat if it does come to hand to hand, I only need to keep you busy enough till my three best friends show up in seconds. :) Phone Post
1/24/13 11:30 PM
Hocky Balboa
6296 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brian Stann > Brian Stann Phone Post
1/24/13 11:30 PM
uniquetechnique

bknumber1 -  Falling into both categories of course I have to say something. While I enjoy the aura that surrounds "Marines" in the public eye, the truth of the argument comes down to the same thing it does when you ask if one MA is better than another. Truth is it depends on the individual.

Two quick reasons you cannot compare them other than those mentioned already are they have different goals and one is a team sport! Speaking of combat, I have no desire to get close enough for you to punch or grapple with me. I would prefer to shoot you with a rifle or even better IDF. When I fight, I am trying my best to get my hands on you. And it is just me in there with my opponent. In combat if it does come to hand to hand, I only need to keep you busy enough till my three best friends show up in seconds. :) Phone Post

Yea but I just found the baddest and toughest Fucka here:

"Sergeant Major Daniel Joseph "Dan" Daly (November 11, 1873 – April 27, 1937) was a United States Marine and one of only nineteen men (including seven Marines) to have received the Medal of Honor twice. Of the Marines who are double recipients, only Daly and Major General Smedley Butler received their Medals of Honor for two, separate actions.
Daly is said to have yelled, "Come on, you sons of bitches! Do you want to live forever?" to the men in his company prior to charging the Germans during the Battle of Belleau Wood in World War I; Daly claimed he said, "For Christ's sake men--come on! Do you want to live forever?"[1]
Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler described Daly as, "The fightin'est Marine I ever knew!" Daly reportedly was offered an officer's commission twice to which he responded that he would rather be, "...an outstanding sergeant than just another officer."[citation needed]

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.