UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Who is Tougher: Mma Fighter or U.S. Marine ?

1/26/13 1:50 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
blacksamurai
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Smith1234 - Dunno. Torture and POW versus broken arm. It's close.

Obviously the worst a marine can go through is a million times worse than what a fighter does. War is a billion times "harder" than mma.

But since this is an mma forum people will be totally biased and say mma. Phone Post
You're nit picking now not every Marine is not a Pow, and gets tortured, and not every MMA fighter gets his arm broken, but a lot get knocked out... I'm a veteran, I been knocked out in a fight, and tested for traumatic brain injury by the VA, and had to explain to them i get neuropathy from fighting... Phone Post
1/26/13 1:52 AM
blacksamurai

mikerobmma - C. Spec Ops

The constant overrating of the average Marine knows no bounds. Phone Post
Thank you! Fucking this Phone Post
1/26/13 10:54 AM
blacksamurai

mmaguy30 -
theshooter - MMA fighters are easily tougher than marines on average. Most marines never even see combat.

Marine Corps motto: Semper Fidelis

Secondary Marine Corps motto; EVERY Marine a Rifleman"

While you are correct that MANY (not most) Marines do not engage in active combat in line infantry units, ALL are prepared to.

I take issue with your use of the words "easily" and "most"

I would also guess that you have done neither.

I don't mean this disrespectfully, I simply point out the lack of experience you have that brings you to your opinions... If I am wrong I apologize.
I hope you are using prepared loosely prepared to as in shit their pants as prepared as a guy that shits his on the walk to the cage for the first time... Phone Post
1/26/13 10:58 AM
blacksamurai

higherprimate718 - this is a really dumb question. There are mma fighters who are 0 and 20, an there are pussy ass marines
Im both you mean guys that tap to strikes as opposed to Marines that see
medical every time they get a hang nail? Theres pussy ass Marines just like there are pussy ass fighters... Phone Post
1/26/13 10:58 AM
blacksamurai

Im both meaning i have fought and im a vet... Phone Post
1/26/13 11:34 AM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
406 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

Sorry samurai, this thread is about done. You late to da party.

1/26/13 2:18 PM
GregNoActionJackson
206 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Army Combat medic imo. Phone Post
1/26/13 2:45 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
406 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's like this. First, he gets his post deleted.

1/26/13 3:16 PM
MMAologist
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LMAFO.. ok I'm late to the party.

1) Fighters complain about 6 weeks in a luxurious mansion with unlimited food and resources, AND the opportunity to train with the sport's elite... A SPORT

Marines deploy for 7-12 months,live in shit conditions and see their friends lose.. their lives not rounds or fights.

2) The reason the Marine Corps' attrition rate is so low is because of their higher enlistment standards. They wont touch Army or Navy rejects, when they clamor for Marines who are finishes with their enlistments.

3) I am a former Marine, current Soldier, and have trained in BJJ and KB for over 15 yrs. Fighting sucks.. bad, but doesn't suck more than being away and having to be on your A-game for months at at time rather than just 15 min.

Even the difference between Marines and Army are huge (Special Forces excluded). SF doesn't even like being included in the "regular Army". The Corps will develope an individual into their potential, only if they choose to want it. If not, then they will be exposed as turds and eventually seperated, one way or another.

1/26/13 3:36 PM
wreckker
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's easier to become a marine than it is a pro Mma fighter

Big difference making your body a weapon vs carrying a weapon

Being a decent pro takes years o training
Being a marine takes a few months

On other hand marines can face life or death and Mma fighters don't

Overall Mma guys are tougher but some marines mentally are as tough as they come Phone Post
1/26/13 5:13 PM
Archer0545

The navy seal wins this discussion Phone Post
1/26/13 5:22 PM
mmaguy30
200 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mrzipplokk- could you delete my post regarding the babykilling and the one quoting me please?
1/26/13 5:29 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk

: -)

1/26/13 6:01 PM
Topsyjt
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

uniquetechnique - "I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all."
-----Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders
1 plus one sir when on pc next. Phone Post
1/26/13 6:13 PM
Topsyjt
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As a former Royal Marines Commando, 15yrs service to Queen and Country and as a Former jnr Int wrestler. Snr international Boxer (GB) and having spent time in Camberley with GB judo school of excellence... Military life and MMA (combative athlete) life are totally different types of toughness. Phone Post
1/26/13 6:27 PM
Topsyjt

Archer0545 - The navy seal wins this discussion Phone Post
To become a Royal Marines Commando you endure 32 weeks of basic training, which I believe is still the longest infantry training in western world. After that if you wish to try for SF selection (SBS) you need the following criteria:
1. 4 yrs out of basic training.
2. Arctic Survival Training.
3. Jungle Survival Training.
4. Seen Operational Service.
Not goina even start on SF selection in Breacon.....(8weeks) Or how after successfully completing the Jungle phase (4weeks) our SAS counterparts head home to be badged and celebrate whilst we head out for a further 16 weeks of continuation training...... I'm now typing this wondering why oh why I didn't go skool git edumacudit adn find a reel job :-).
Apologies for this useless post. By the time I'd realised it's irrelevance I've already typed it out :-) My US brothers in arms I salute you and have fond memories of our time together. Phone Post
1/26/13 7:02 PM
jv071481
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Marines are probably tougher in the sense a lot will let their arm break and keep going

Better in hand to hand combat with rules=mma fighter

Better with a weapon= Marine Phone Post
1/26/13 7:11 PM
stebrillz
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Now I remember why I don't post that much Phone Post
1/26/13 8:12 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk

Voted you both up Bonefart & Topsy Oooooh rah

1/26/13 8:26 PM
Topsyjt

bknumber1 - Falling into both categories of course I have to say something. While I enjoy the aura that surrounds "Marines" in the public eye, the truth of the argument comes down to the same thing it does when you ask if one MA is better than another. Truth is it depends on the individual.

Two quick reasons you cannot compare them other than those mentioned already are they have different goals and one is a team sport! Speaking of combat, I have no desire to get close enough for you to punch or grapple with me. I would prefer to shoot you with a rifle or even better IDF. When I fight, I am trying my best to get my hands on you. And it is just me in there with my opponent. In combat if it does come to hand to hand, I only need to keep you busy enough till my three best friends show up in seconds. :) Phone Post
Nice. Phone Post
1/26/13 8:35 PM
trobinson21
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sorry fellas, tons of shitbirds in the Corps now who never do more than the 3 days of hand to hand in combat. Infantry guys get more and recon guys are the best of the best. But mechanic in the Marines is no different than Mechanic on the street. I worked on helicopter avionics and we screwed on our own, it was never part of our daily activities....to sum it up, its all about the individual, just like in life. In 1950 a Marine was a badass, jarhead, devil dog mf'r, men aren't created the same nowadays. 96-2002 btw. Phone Post
1/26/13 8:36 PM
Topsyjt

bonerfart - OOH-RAH Topsyjt!

I did some missions with yall in Afghan!

Some bad men folks. MFWIC's Phone Post
Bonerfat sir. Pleasure meet you. Huge thank you for you done, given and sacrificed. Not only for your brothers, but us your better looking cousins :-)
Mmaguy30 I read somewhere he's a US marine too?
Semper Fi guys xx Phone Post
1/26/13 8:37 PM
Topsyjt

UGCTT_mrzipplokk -

Voted you both up Bonefart & Topsy Oooooh rah

Sir you humble me with your kindness. Huge thankyou. Phone Post
1/26/13 8:38 PM
trobinson21
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Topsyjt -
bknumber1 - Falling into both categories of course I have to say something. While I enjoy the aura that surrounds "Marines" in the public eye, the truth of the argument comes down to the same thing it does when you ask if one MA is better than another. Truth is it depends on the individual.

Two quick reasons you cannot compare them other than those mentioned already are they have different goals and one is a team sport! Speaking of combat, I have no desire to get close enough for you to punch or grapple with me. I would prefer to shoot you with a rifle or even better IDF. When I fight, I am trying my best to get my hands on you. And it is just me in there with my opponent. In combat if it does come to hand to hand, I only need to keep you busy enough till my three best friends show up in seconds. :) Phone Post
Nice. Phone Post
Awesome. Phone Post
1/26/13 8:45 PM
Topsyjt

trobinson21 - Sorry fellas, tons of shitbirds in the Corps now who never do more than the 3 days of hand to hand in combat. Infantry guys get more and recon guys are the best of the best. But mechanic in the Marines is no different than Mechanic on the street. I worked on helicopter avionics and we screwed on our own, it was never part of our daily activities....to sum it up, its all about the individual, just like in life. In 1950 a Marine was a badass, jarhead, devil dog mf'r, men aren't created the same nowadays. 96-2002 btw. Phone Post
It's different in Royal Marines sir. All Marines have to complete 32 weeks basic training and the Commando Phase (test week etc) you serve 2/4yrs in a commando unit gaining experience etc. then if you wish to be a mechanic, chef, medic etc you can. However even a Royal Marine chef is 1st and foremost a Commando. He's expected to patrol and be operational just like me. Perhaps having approx mere 5000 Commandos makes us a small family. Well small compared to our HUGE American brothers units.
Q: How many US Marines are there? Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.