UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Who is Tougher: Mma Fighter or U.S. Marine ?

1/29/13 3:55 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
kungfufedor
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If I had the choice of 3 rounds with Cain or Go into hostile territory for 6 months with people trying to kill me ... Brown pride it is Phone Post
1/29/13 6:20 PM
mikerobmma
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

knuckleballs -
mikerobmma - 
knuckleballs -
HexRei - 
SgtJustinTeplitz - After being in combat with The Marine Corps when I was in A Co 1-36 INF in The Army, I can tell you that The Marine Infantrymen are the best warriors the world has ever seen. Modern-day Marine Infantrymen are just as much (if not more) trained killers and fighting men as the men who fought in World War 2.

Marine Infantrymen who served in combat are tougher than anyone

It's easy to be tough when you have a military budget as big as most other western nations combined backing you. You know what's really tough? being a thirteen year old iraqi kid in Baghdad just trying to survive, no MRE's, no green zone, no Abrams, no bomb disposal guys, foreigners hosing down your homes indiscriminately with bullets and bombs. Marines get paid, they know the risks, and they go home.

Don't question the great Imperial Military! They are protecting our Freedom of speech here by attacking the peasants in Iraq who were about to take over the world. Remember, questioning authority is always bad: whenever a rich, oil tycoon tells you to kill a village of peasants a real patriot, who is protecting our Freedom, will blow that village to Kingdom Come! The Marines are real patriots!

Those people in Iraq were coming after us! It's only because of the Marines that you have the Freedom to write your words! Because, if it wasn't for them, you'd be speaking whatever they speak in Iraq! It's our duty to show them how tough we are! And, when future mega-millionaires like the great Bush and Cheney wants us to protect their financial investments, we will say, "Yes, Sir! Semper Fi, Never Die! We no question! Kill! Freedom! Kill! The Few, The Proud! Yes, Sir, Sir!" And, blow those peasants up to see the great Jesus Christ in the sky.
0/10

Go away. Phone Post

Why are telling me to go away? I was telling that hippie-Arab lover that we don't question the Marines and the greatest nation on Earth, the US of A. Do you not agree with me?

PS. God, bless America (and ONLY America and Americans. My blessing stops right at the Canadian and Mexican border. Yours should, too).
Man, you're really clever. I hope that one day I grow up to be just like you. Phone Post
1/29/13 9:03 PM
SgtJustinTeplitz
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mikerobmma - 
knuckleballs -
mikerobmma - 
knuckleballs -
HexRei - 
SgtJustinTeplitz - After being in combat with The Marine Corps when I was in A Co 1-36 INF in The Army, I can tell you that The Marine Infantrymen are the best warriors the world has ever seen. Modern-day Marine Infantrymen are just as much (if not more) trained killers and fighting men as the men who fought in World War 2.

It's easy to be tough when you have a military budget as big as most other western nations combined backing you. You know what's really tough? being a thirteen year old iraqi kid in Baghdad just trying to survive, no MRE's, no green zone, no Abrams, no bomb disposal guys, foreigners hosing down your homes indiscriminately with bullets and bombs. Marines get paid, they know the risks, and they go home.

Don't question the great Imperial Military! They are protecting our Freedom of speech here by attacking the peasants in Iraq who were about to take over the world. Remember, questioning authority is always bad: whenever a rich, oil tycoon tells you to kill a village of peasants a real patriot, who is protecting our Freedom, will blow that village to Kingdom Come! The Marines are real patriots!

Those people in Iraq were coming after us! It's only because of the Marines that you have the Freedom to write your words! Because, if it wasn't for them, you'd be speaking whatever they speak in Iraq! It's our duty to show them how tough we are! And, when future mega-millionaires like the great Bush and Cheney wants us to protect their financial investments, we will say, "Yes, Sir! Semper Fi, Never Die! We no question! Kill! Freedom! Kill! The Few, The Proud! Yes, Sir, Sir!" And, blow those peasants up to see the great Jesus Christ in the sky.
0/10

Go away. Phone Post

Why are telling me to go away? I was telling that hippie-Arab lover that we don't question the Marines and the greatest nation on Earth, the US of A. Do you not agree with me?

PS. God, bless America (and ONLY America and Americans. My blessing stops right at the Canadian and Mexican border. Yours should, too).
Man, you're really clever. I hope that one day I grow up to be just like you. Phone Post

Marines are some of the most respectful people. Ever hear the quote "No Better Friend/No Worse Enemy?"

As for the 13 year old Iraqi kid being tough... I agree he/she is tough. But is he/she tougher than someone who voluntarily runs into the line of fire, gets little to no sleep for days on end, takes showers with water bottles, sh!ts and throws it into fire, goes wherever their leadership says with little to no notice... you tell me.

I love people from The USA, love Canada, Love Afghanistan, love Iraq, love China, love India, love Japan, love Brazil, love European countries, et cetera... so your perspectives that all military people think similarly is not accurate. The only thing that is guaranteed is that combat-tested Marines are tough. The vast majority of Marines I know would respect your perspective that MMA fighters are tougher. That's your thoughts and you're entitled to them. However, your ignorance and classless comments are evident. Without a nation's military, a country is more vulnerable to being overtaken. Remember seeing Hitler at The Eiffel Tower when he overtook France in WW2? That could happen to any country that doesn't have a strong military, led by brave people like The Marine Corp. So make any comments and opinions you want in the comfort of your own home, but The Marine Corp makes it possible for you to do that (if you're American. If you're from another country, more than likely your nation's military keeps you safe so you can make ridiculous comments on a mixed martial arts forum when no one is around under an anonymous name).
1/29/13 9:31 PM
knuckleballs

mikerobmma - 
knuckleballs -
mikerobmma - 
knuckleballs -
HexRei - 

0/10

Go away. Phone Post

What? You are just like me, brotha! I am a true-blooded American that loves getting those bad guys that are attacking our soil in Iraq. I support all the wars of terror that we bring abroad! We are one in blood, my fren'!
1/29/13 9:39 PM
knuckleballs

SgtJustinTeplitz - 
mikerobmma - 
knuckleballs -
mikerobmma - 
knuckleballs -
HexRei - 

0/10

Go away. Phone Post

Marines are some of the most respectful people. Ever hear the quote "No Better Friend/No Worse Enemy?"

As for the 13 year old Iraqi kid being tough... I agree he/she is tough. But is he/she tougher than someone who voluntarily runs into the line of fire, gets little to no sleep for days on end, takes showers with water bottles, sh!ts and throws it into fire, goes wherever their leadership says with little to no notice... you tell me.

I love people from The USA, love Canada, Love Afghanistan, love Iraq, love China, love India, love Japan, love Brazil, love European countries, et cetera... so your perspectives that all military people think similarly is not accurate. The only thing that is guaranteed is that combat-tested Marines are tough. The vast majority of Marines I know would respect your perspective that MMA fighters are tougher. That's your thoughts and you're entitled to them. However, your ignorance and classless comments are evident. Without a nation's military, a country is more vulnerable to being overtaken. Remember seeing Hitler at The Eiffel Tower when he overtook France in WW2? That could happen to any country that doesn't have a strong military, led by brave people like The Marine Corp. So make any comments and opinions you want in the comfort of your own home, but The Marine Corp makes it possible for you to do that (if you're American. If you're from another country, more than likely your nation's military keeps you safe so you can make ridiculous comments on a mixed martial arts forum when no one is around under an anonymous name).

I agree! Iraq was on the verge of taking over everything: we had to stop the new Hitler, which is why we sent in Haliburton and the Marines to squash that guy who wanted to keep all his utility and oil companies nationalized! He would have been in front of the Eifel tower in no time. What a commie, al-queda leader that Saddam was. We are one in our agreement, brutha! Now, let's bring our wrath to another Freedom-hating country! Can I get a Hallelujah!?!?
1/31/13 1:38 AM
KingGo
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

knuckleballs -
SgtJustinTeplitz - 
mikerobmma - 
knuckleballs -
mikerobmma - 
knuckleballs -
HexRei - 

0/10

Go away. Phone Post

I agree! Iraq was on the verge of taking over everything: we had to stop the new Hitler, which is why we sent in Haliburton and the Marines to squash that guy who wanted to keep all his utility and oil companies nationalized! He would have been in front of the Eifel tower in no time. What a commie, al-queda leader that Saddam was. We are one in our agreement, brutha! Now, let's bring our wrath to another Freedom-hating country! Can I get a Hallelujah!?!?
Its amazing how big someones balls can get with a healthy dose anonymity Phone Post
1/31/13 1:56 AM
knuckleballs

What did i say that you don't agree with?
1/31/13 2:45 AM
knuckleballs

bonerfart - 

1.  Hey, knuckleballs, could u possibly put aside ur political/off topic bs and actually discuss the topic?

U got it, bonefart. My great grand daddy was a Marine protecting our freedom when we took The Phillippines for our Freedom. My grand daddy was a Marine when we over threw the democratically-elected government in Guatemala for our Freedom. My daddy was a Marine when we overthrew the democratically-elected government in Chile for our Freedom. Many of my Marine elders bought stocks in U.S. corporations that moved into those countries - man, the United Fruit stock in Guatemala, wow, what a killing my family made on that one! - and they provide me with the trust funds that paid for my Business degree at Duke University.

I am deeply appreciative that the Marines protected my Freedom then, and now. It's because of them that I can write so well with my trust-funded college degree due to the Freedom of speech that they protect overseas. The weakest, closeted-homosexual Marine is tougher than the toughest, heterosexual, mixed-martial artist. Semper Fi!
1/31/13 2:58 AM
knuckleballs

^^^^Also, sorry about the political/off topic stuff: that guy above who said the pro-Iraq stuff and questioned the actions of the Marines really ticked me off.

THE FEW.

THE PROUD.

THE MARINES.
1/31/13 3:08 AM
knuckleballs

bonerfart - 

Knuckleballs...u still didn't answer a fucking thing remotely close to the thread topic.

Not only that, but ur supposed family lineage is totally bogus.

If u wanna preach ur garbage about how fucked up the recent wars have been..take it to the otherground or the soldierground and start a topic.

It's fucked up that u wanna hijack someone's thread though and get on ur lil stump speech.

I actually agree with u on certain points...believe it or not.

As Marines, we do what we are told.  And with great ferocity.  Believe me..when bullets are flying, shit gets very real.

Unimaginable things happen in war...but that is war.  But u havenever been to real combat, that's obvious.

Ma Nisada pratishtam tvamagamah shasvatih samah,
Yatkrauncha mithunade kamavadhih kamamohitam!

After u figure that out...think about what it means and get back to me.

I think you missed the part where i said "The weakest, closeted-homosexual Marine is tougher than the toughest, heterosexual, mixed-martial artist. Semper Fi!" Is that not answering the question? It sounds like an answer to me, i dunno...

And, I am not questioning your family lineage, so please don't question mine. I am from a proud Marine family that brought Freedom to many nations. We should all be proud of this. Show some respect.
1/31/13 9:34 AM
MostLegit
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am going to go with the one who signs up for a job where people get PTSD on the regular without the possibility of making millions of dollars for 25 minutes worth of work. Phone Post
1/31/13 9:46 AM
Topsyjt
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MostLegit -  I am going to go with the one who signs up for a job where people get PTSD on the regular without the possibility of making millions of dollars for 25 minutes worth of work. Phone Post

VTFU.  Good post sir.

The invisible wounds can be some of the most damaging, not only to the soldier, to his family and social support network also.  

1/31/13 11:17 AM
knuckleballs

bonerfart - 

Anybody that reads ur ridiculous posts can see the subtle insults to Marines that are gay.  Then u turn it into a ploy by trying to entice the hetro MMA fighters to ur supposed point of view. 

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ORIGINAL POST!!!

Ur fucked

Where do you get that am I trying to entice heterosexual MMA fans? I hate the gays! Just like you! Just like every proud Marine! You would never see a pro-military person support the gays. You hate the gays, i hate the gays. See, we are one!

And, stop with this foreigner language stuff. I am real American that bleeds red white and blue; I speak English, the Official language.
1/31/13 1:08 PM
hawks#1
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

knuckleballs -
hawks#1 -  I was both, pro fighter and Marine! I'm a bad ass!! Phone Post

Very true! Why did you lose your green name? You earned it!
Thanks man. I really didn't start on here till after I fought. I haven't fought for a few years. I still train Bjj here in Chicago at Pedro Vianna's academy and I still hit the bag, run and lift a few days a week. But, to be honest I haven't fought so I haven't tried to get my green. I'm not sure how you do though?? Phone Post
1/31/13 2:22 PM
knuckleballs

hawks#1 - 
knuckleballs -
hawks#1 -  I was both, pro fighter and Marine! I'm a bad ass!! Phone Post

Very true! Why did you lose your green name? You earned it!
Thanks man. I really didn't start on here till after I fought. I haven't fought for a few years. I still train Bjj here in Chicago at Pedro Vianna's academy and I still hit the bag, run and lift a few days a week. But, to be honest I haven't fought so I haven't tried to get my green. I'm not sure how you do though?? Phone Post

There's a lot of green namers on here who haven't fought in a few years. If you just ask one of the red namers, the moderators, they should give it to you, no questions asked. I understand if you feel weird about asking the mods for one. Hopefully, one of them sees this and hooks you up, as you have earned one. Keep on training, man.
2/2/13 2:50 AM
DeanLister
206 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My dad is a career marine, I have fought in UFC... In fact I grew up in Panama during the US invasion in 1989 as US marine kid..

Tough is an individual thing, regardless of occupation.... My great uncle Harry was a hunter/farmer, absolute bad ass (not UFC figher or marine, but not the type of guy ANYONE would mess with)..... I have met a tough mechanic who was raised in El Salvador's Civil War who has killed and been shot at, extremely tough, had one of his thumbs blown off... I worked with cooks in the back of a restaurant who are tough and have been through a lot.. I have met fighters and marines that aren't as tough as their job title would suggest.

after being complimented on producing a great statue, a famous sculpter once said. He didn't create the statue, he simply carved away the stone to reveal it...

On the funny side, I know some UFC fighters that wouldn't handle being in the rain or mud very well, or the cold at all. I know some marines that would make the nerdiest of nerds crack up laughing if they were to see them fight..

Are we talking 0-1 UFC fighter vs battle hardened, decorated Marine with combat experience?
Are we talking about UFC hall of famer vs an aging supply marine officer?

So UFC figher vs US Marine?? Depends on the UFC fighter/depends on the US Marine
2/2/13 5:07 AM
Silva vs Fedor
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm for the most part anti-war in 99% of all wars the country I was born into has waged, but this is a mis match of epic proportions.

Marines... or any soldier for that matter.

I'm an everyone-is-entitled-to-their-own-opinion type of guy. But opinions don't matter in this discussion, the facts are glaringly obvious who's tougher.
2/2/13 7:36 PM
knuckleballs

bonerfart - 

That's what i thought..

U snacked on that bowl of dicks and are filled to the point u can't run ur fuckin mouth!

You got some sweet gay jokes, boy! Do you go gay bashing, too? Do you beat 'em up and make 'em cry? Do you belittle 'em, tell them they are going to hell and get all superior inside about how much of a man you are? Does that make you feel big? Well, I do that, too! We are so alike that it's amazing.

And, please, pick out a SINGLE thing i said as to why you are bitter, because as far as i can see, we are both pro-Marines (well, i am only pro-US of A Marines, as the Marines in the countries that we kicked the shit out of, well, they were terrorists/insurgents trying to take our Freedom and needed to be killed; I can't speak for your opinion).

Bonefart, my brother-in-arms, on a separate note: do you ever get nostalgic for the good ol' days and wish you were a Marine in the Wild West? Clearing out those damn Indians and Mexicans and acting out our divine Manifest Destiny? Man, I wish I coulda been apart of taking those orders and cleanin' up those mongrels for the Stars And Stripes. I would have been proud of that.

2/3/13 2:36 AM
AnthonyMMA
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Marine Phone Post
2/3/13 3:15 AM
knuckleballs

Make sure you show him all the derogatory gay comments you made earlier and tell me what he says about them. Now, since you didn't address anything specific I have said - and just boring me and this thread with your hijacking ways - you can stop trolling and go make more dick sucking jokes elsewhere in another thread; i, like everyone else here, is here to talk about the Marines.

2/3/13 4:56 AM
DeanLister
206 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought actually this was a real conversation but seems to only be now about gay vs hetero or something... IDK.... Well actually in case anyone is actually talking about this topic.... I know some UFC fighters as well as some marines who are the toughest SOBs you could imagine.... My dad was XO of a man "Colonel Guy" this man wore a bullet on a necklace.... This bullet was pulled from his cheek bone, he was only man in his platoon to survive this particular ambush in Vietnam... He was shot 4 times and called in artillery on his own position and LIVED!! Yes super tough...

These are different things to compare... Like I said it is a human thing..... Not an occupation thing.... Who couldn't admire the great Joe Frazier for hangin in there and knocking down Ali??? How many marines are as tough as Alexander Karelin??? Its all relative...

bonefart, I am not sure what you are referring to regarding 6 degree black belt 1v1..

quick/funny story.... When I was with Chuck Liddel filming one of the tapout shows about my student/friend/training partner Greg McIntyre in 2008.... We went to US Marine Corps Camp Pendleton to film a lot of stuff.... Make a long story short.... at the end of the day we; myself, Chuck, all the Tapout guys were treated to a demo of the Marine Corps Martial Arts program... That's cool and sweet, but what was strange is that each and every one of those guys acted like they didn't know who me or even CHUCK was... They were like "who are you?" lol.... It was strange.... So when I was giving my card to a few of the marines regarding my gym in San Diego, a major came out of no where and "instructed" the marines that I was trying to steal them from Marine Corps to make them famous UFC fighters and that was a big no no apparently.... I/Chuck/we were slighty proplexed at the situation but no biggie... We were there to support them.... Still it was a bit akward.

Always support Marines, I am a marine kid always,
Always support my fellow fighters in UFC..

All good

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.