UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Playing NBA 2k13 makes me sad

1/24/13 9:16 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Granpa
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

... because I think about what could have been had EA not bought the exclusive rights to the NFL license. That game (NBA 2k13) is superb in ways that EA could only fantasize about.

It's not surprise EA cancelled their NBA Live series.. they can't compete against real talent.

FUCK YOU EA!
1/24/13 10:49 PM
HaMMerHouseFAN
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When does the NFL exclusive contract end; or did they sign an extension?

I will never forget playing NFL2k5 (the last one with T. Owens on the cover) and playing a season. They cut to ESPN desk with C. Burgman and he is talking about the injury of the season and that was P. Manning going out for the year with some injury. A buddy had just walked into our place from Indianoplis and loved the Colts. He about shti himself when he heard it; he then realized it was a game.

1/25/13 9:55 AM
Granpa
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HaMMerHouseFAN - 

When does the NFL exclusive contract end; or did they sign an extension?

I will never forget playing NFL2k5 (the last one with T. Owens on the cover) and playing a season. They cut to ESPN desk with C. Burgman and he is talking about the injury of the season and that was P. Manning going out for the year with some injury. A buddy had just walked into our place from Indianoplis and loved the Colts. He about shti himself when he heard it; he then realized it was a game.

Sadly, they renewed the exclusivity until 2017. So we are stuck with the lame Madden games for the foreseeable future.

Madden 13 is the worst football game I've played in years. EA is getting progressively worst every year, and they don't give a shit because idiots (like me) will continue to buy their crap because it's the only NFL game in town. They aren't giving up that license anytime soon knowing this.

As I said, playing NBA 2k13 and comparing it to something like Madden, there is a bigger gap in terms of realism, looks both technological and artistic, presentation, than there is between current gen FPS and last gen FPS. The gap really is MASSIVE in terms of how much better the 2k games are than the EA Sports titles.
1/25/13 10:16 AM
HaMMerHouseFAN
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Even NFL Fever 2002 (Original Xbox only) was better than Madden IMO. That was the first game iirc to implement the changing of player stats after every game.  Madden is garbage IMO

1/26/13 1:32 AM
Sofa King Cool
288 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How is that not a monopoly? I guess the NFL can sell their rights to whoever they want, but that really sucks a big bag of dicks. Phone Post
1/26/13 4:02 PM
flowwiththego
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I had this same talk with some friends online last night. 2k5 was the goat football game. I remember 2k did all of their games for $20 one year. Fuck you ea and your sub par football game. Phone Post
1/28/13 4:27 AM
Pappy Knuckles
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ESPN NFL 2K5 forever!!!!!

Absolutely loved that game. APF 2K8 was a decent offering using the same engine, but it was seriously lacking in features, and not having real NFL teams was a killer. I keep buying Madden every year and I guess I've learned to just enjoy it for what it is. I'd really like to see them do some real innovation in that series though. Maybe next generation they will, but I doubt it.
1/28/13 12:15 PM
easedel
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Want to feel sad, go play the PC version. They gut the fuck out of that compared to the console
2/9/13 1:37 PM
AlphaMaleJP
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nfl Street was better than any Madden game. Ea has really become a shell of its old self. Phone Post
2/15/13 1:10 PM
AbbeyRoadMe
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just by the way to those who have 2K13 is there still the street ball mode? That was always my favorite. Phone Post
2/15/13 5:35 PM
foo55
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yup, its still there.

theres a roster file that you can download too that people use in association mode to make all the games play on street courts/practice gyms for some summer league feel.
2/17/13 11:06 AM
Fangas
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

On Xbox Live for 30 bucks. Should I buy it? Phone Post
2/17/13 11:22 AM
AbbeyRoadMe
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fangas - On Xbox Live for 30 bucks. Should I buy it? Phone Post
I saw that. It's on sale to coincide with NBA all star weekend. I'm probably going to pick it up for that price. Phone Post
2/17/13 12:36 PM
Sofa King Cool
288 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just absolutely sucked at 2k12.

I had it in easy retard mode and couldn't win for shit.

Same thing with mlb the show.

I'm not very good at video games. Phone Post
2/17/13 12:43 PM
HaMMerHouseFAN

Is it a much better game then the one first one that had Michael Jordan in it (2k11 I think)? I had that one and really liked it. I could see getting it for ps3. Phone Post
2/17/13 2:13 PM
dogfb
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HaMMerHouseFAN -  Is it a much better game then the one first one that had Michael Jordan in it (2k11 I think)? I had that one and really liked it. I could see getting it for ps3. Phone Post

2k12 had Jordan on the cover.

NBA 2k13 is by far my favourite sports game. It's an incredible game. 

2/17/13 2:36 PM
foo55
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

any of you guys on xbox want to start an online association?
2/17/13 4:21 PM
dogfb
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah I'm down. My xbox live name is the same as my ug name dogfb. 

2/18/13 9:28 AM
MRxZOBOOMAFOO
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

foo55 - any of you guys on xbox want to start an online association?
I'd be down. My gamer tag is MRxZOBOOMAFOO Phone Post
2/18/13 9:17 PM
Kanabull

I have a friend who is such a Madden ball licker it is ridiculous. He's one of those people who just regurgitates stuff he hears and he's always telling me how Madden "isn't a game, it's a football simulation."

Last Madden I played was 07 and I thought it was decent, nothing special though. I'm not a huge football fan but I always had way more fun playing the NFL2k series.

EA in general is a talented but arrogant company. I thought EA MMA and Fight Night Champion were both top notch games, but then they slowly released patches which ruined the gameplay in both. And they have done this with previous games.

I mean serious like WTF? Is that some sort of strategy to increase sales on sequels? Because some of the changes are just mindblowingly dumb and I have trouble believing people at EA did not know that when they released them.
3/1/13 10:26 PM
Beggsie
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kanabull - I have a friend who is such a Madden ball licker it is ridiculous. He's one of those people who just regurgitates stuff he hears and he's always telling me how Madden "isn't a game, it's a football simulation."

Last Madden I played was 07 and I thought it was decent, nothing special though. I'm not a huge football fan but I always had way more fun playing the NFL2k series.

EA in general is a talented but arrogant company. I thought EA MMA and Fight Night Champion were both top notch games, but then they slowly released patches which ruined the gameplay in both. And they have done this with previous games.

I mean serious like WTF? Is that some sort of strategy to increase sales on sequels? Because some of the changes are just mindblowingly dumb and I have trouble believing people at EA did not know that when they released them.
They do pretty well with Fifa too. Phone Post
3/2/13 8:00 PM
Kanabull

I have always preferred Pro Evolution Soccer. I feel like the dribbling is especially better in PES.

Fifa has gotten better over the past few years. 04-07 were some of the worst sports games ever made imo.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.