UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> White: Rousey is a finisher (like Tyson)

1/24/13 11:25 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
914 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

According to White, much like former boxing Hall of Fame champion and all-around intimidator, Mike Tyson, Rousey is the type of fighter who 90 perecent of the combat sports community want to see perform because they know that someone is going to be "executed."

His words:

"There are grinders. We got guys like Roy Nelson who say that all that matters is winning; doesn't matter how you win, just as long as you win. [But] I would say me and 90% of the fight community like people who are finishers. We were just talking before this interview about who? Mike Tyson. Why did everybody like Mike Tyson? Because he had fantastic boxing skills and loved to go the distance? No, because when you watched a Mike Tyson fight, you knew somebody was about to be executed. When Tyson would walk into an arena you would get goose bumps. As a fight fan those are the kind of fighters you like. And trust me when I tell you, Ronda Rousey is that person."

read entire article...

1/24/13 11:30 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_CreepysStacheWax
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn it. Ronda is not .000001 of tyson. Dana stop that nonsense tyson was one of the most feared human beings on this planet. Rousey is not even close. Phone Post
1/24/13 11:46 PM
I've been on both sides of a Glory Hole
418 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL @ this comparision. Fuck off Dana 

1/24/13 11:48 PM
418 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1/24/13 11:52 PM
WoodsMan45

Had she ever bit someone's ear off yet. Phone Post
1/24/13 11:59 PM
TheOne
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=2122025&page=1

UG Blog, Y U post same shit as me?
1/25/13 12:30 AM

TheOne - http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=2122025&page=1

UG Copy and Paste. They always do this

1/25/13 12:33 AM
HandyDarsh
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

this is worse the rampages "plumber/Sponsor" comparison

1/25/13 1:04 AM
tres_equis_666
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In for the eventual jokes Phone Post
1/25/13 1:11 AM
HandyDarsh
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ssj - LOL @ name dropping HOY as a decisioner when he's been recently KO'ing motherfuckers like its nothing.

i noticed that..dana doesnt seem to like his style at all

1/25/13 11:10 AM
studiocamp
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've been on both sides of a Glory Hole - 
TheOne - http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=2122025&page=1

UG Copy and Paste. They always do this

Yup, Kirik thinks having 2 threads with the exact same subject is what the majority of the UG wants, according to his past explanations.

So who exactly votes ug blog up?
1/25/13 11:17 AM
Zed Wayne Zed
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am irked by this statement because he dogged on one of the most exciting, and brutal, and tough, mofos in MMA today, Mr. Roy Nelson.

Ronda Rousey ain't nothin' compared to Roy.

Dana, Roy's a gem, treat him well!
1/25/13 11:19 AM
Old noob
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

octowussy - Thus far he's compared her to the Diaz brothers and Tyson. Nate Diaz set a CompuStrike record by connecting with 258 out of 314 PUNCHES against Cerrone. Ronda has thrown 12 whole STRIKES in her four professional fights (8 of those were against Tate).

Meanwhile, he throws Nelson under the bus (again). Since 2007, the only decisions Roy's gone to are the ones he's lost. And those are generally against top tier guys: Werdum, Mir, Dos Santos.

Basically, Dana's love of Ronda has caused him to fucking lose it.

Dana addressed that in the SI article, and whether or not she got the job because she's hot. He specifically mentioned Gina Carano as being hot, but she never had a chance to get in the UFC because she doesn't do what Rhonda does. I think largely his point is this is what he's having to resort to to make entertaining fights happen.

Also, he doesn't throw Roy under the bus for being a decision fighter. He's arguing against the philosophy that Roy very clearly espoused on his season of TUF.
1/25/13 11:19 AM
hubris
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it's funny that he throws Roy Nelson under the bus when there are plenty of grinders like Jon Fitch he can talk about
1/25/13 1:19 PM
beanouno
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did they remove part of danas brain when he got his op?

1/25/13 1:22 PM
OMA (tm)

Rouseybfat trains with a bunch of my friends and there is no denying....

And by all accounts she is legit as shit Phone Post
1/25/13 1:24 PM
OMA (tm)

Rousey***

I don't know what happened or why my phone called her fat but obviously my phone and Ronda have some issues to work out between themselves Phone Post
1/25/13 1:25 PM
Phil999
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What I got from that is Dana really doesn't like Roy.
1/25/13 1:33 PM
HexRei

Edited: 01/25/13 1:38 PM
"According to White, much like former boxing Hall of Fame champion and all-around intimidator, Mike Tyson, Rousey is the type of fighter who 90 perecent of the combat sports community want to see perform because they know that someone is going to be "executed."

His words:

"There are grinders. We got guys like Roy Nelson who say that all that matters is winning; doesn't matter how you win, just as long as you win. [But] I would say me and 90% of the fight community like people who are finishers. We were just talking before this interview about who? Mike Tyson. Why did everybody like Mike Tyson? Because he had fantastic boxing skills and loved to go the distance? No, because when you watched a Mike Tyson fight, you knew somebody was about to be executed. When Tyson would walk into an arena you would get goose bumps. As a fight fan those are the kind of fighters you like. And trust me when I tell you, Ronda Rousey is that person.""

What the flying fuck? Why is he bringing up Nelson when talking about "grinders"? Nelson has exactly TWO decision wins on his record, and 16 finishes, literally every one of his UFC wins (not counting exhibitions like TUF where he still won 2/3 bouts by TKO) has been a finish. He could have brought up Fitch who has 14/24 wins by decision or GSP with 10 out of 23, or any number of actual grinders, but instead picks on Roy. He really hates Big Country.
1/25/13 1:36 PM
Old noob
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

octowussy - 
Old noob - 
octowussy - Thus far he's compared her to the Diaz brothers and Tyson. Nate Diaz set a CompuStrike record by connecting with 258 out of 314 PUNCHES against Cerrone. Ronda has thrown 12 whole STRIKES in her four professional fights (8 of those were against Tate).

Meanwhile, he throws Nelson under the bus (again). Since 2007, the only decisions Roy's gone to are the ones he's lost. And those are generally against top tier guys: Werdum, Mir, Dos Santos.

Basically, Dana's love of Ronda has caused him to fucking lose it.

Dana addressed that in the SI article, and whether or not she got the job because she's hot. He specifically mentioned Gina Carano as being hot, but she never had a chance to get in the UFC because she doesn't do what Rhonda does. I think largely his point is this is what he's having to resort to to make entertaining fights happen.

Also, he doesn't throw Roy under the bus for being a decision fighter. He's arguing against the philosophy that Roy very clearly espoused on his season of TUF.

Addressed what? I read the interview, but I'm not sure how the Gina stuff is relevant to anything I said. I don't know if we're on the same page here, brother.

I guess I misinterpreted where you were going in the "love of Ronda" line.

1/25/13 2:23 PM

Dana's hate for Roy is strong
His love for Rousey is even stronger Phone Post
1/25/13 2:32 PM
Smellde Gluve
473 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/25/13 2:32 PM

1/25/13 2:39 PM
Kenso
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/25/13 2:40 PM
Dana says these kind of comments to piss off the MMA community so he can have more publicity. You guys should know better than that by now.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.