UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jones: Sonnen DOES deserve a title shot

1/25/13 1:18 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Chael Sonnen is warming up to Jon Jones, who now admits that the "American Gangster" is deserving of his 205-pound title shot at UFC 159 even though he has not competed in the division since 2005. Yes, 2005 (inside the Octagon).

"I'm going to change my response and for the first time I'm going to say yes. I think Chael does deserve a shot at my title because he asked for it and he begged for it. He made it happen and I've definitely beaten pretty much everybody in my weight class and Chael said ‘let me give this guy a run' so I'm going to say yes, Chael you deserve it."

read entire article...

1/25/13 1:20 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Clarence Parents
286 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This whole Chael / Jones bromance is a rather interesting thing..
1/25/13 1:22 AM
Styro
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why is this ug news worthy

1/25/13 1:23 AM
HandyDarsh
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wanted to hear some SERIOUS SMACK TALK Phone Post
1/25/13 1:38 AM
HexRei

so... he deserves it because he asked for it? NEW ROAD TO THE TITLE EVERYBODY! DON'T WORRY ABOUT ACHIEVING IN A WEIGHT CLASS, JUST ASK FOR IT
1/25/13 2:59 AM
stonepony

HexRei - so... he deserves it because he asked for it? NEW ROAD TO THE TITLE EVERYBODY! DON'T WORRY ABOUT ACHIEVING IN A WEIGHT CLASS, JUST ASK FOR IT

Yes, ask for the fight. They were asked, and they all had more important things to be doing. Chael was just the first one to say yes.
1/25/13 2:59 AM
Kunu

Bones has a crush on Chael Phone Post
1/25/13 3:34 AM
time traveling 12er
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HexRei - so... he deserves it because he asked for it? NEW ROAD TO THE TITLE EVERYBODY! DON'T WORRY ABOUT ACHIEVING IN A WEIGHT CLASS, JUST ASK FOR IT

So the real way to deserve it is to keep saying no like everyone else?
1/25/13 6:16 AM
Kimbos Bread
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bones just wants to play the nice guy. Can't wait until he eats it again Phone Post
1/25/13 6:31 AM
KZTT_W85
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bromance is sickening, wonder how Dana feels about this.... Phone Post
1/25/13 6:35 AM
MarkRobinson
1199 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im gonna ask for a title shot too.  

1/25/13 6:57 AM
torquemada
274 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wonder if the bromance will sell like Anderson smack talk did... Phone Post
1/25/13 7:47 AM
LookAtThose1s
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I applaud the UG Blog as always, but what you meant to say is:

*Jon Jones is warming up to Chael Sonnen.

As it's currently written, the first sentence indicates that Chael thinks Chael is worthy of a title shot.
1/25/13 7:54 AM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

Man. Jones is becoming phonier and phonier. All for the almighty dollar. I've noticed that his twitter activity has really picked up recently and he's acting like a used car salesman. Phone Post
1/25/13 9:11 AM
Ironhouse
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No matter how many times he tries to imply it, he has not beaten Hendo, but he has avoided him.

H-bombbbbbb!!!!!!!!!!!!
1/25/13 9:30 AM
mynameisjonas
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pairing the two together for a season of TUF serves several purposes, not the least of which is Chael educating young Jon in the art of promoting a fight like a professional. Don't be surprised if later int the season there is drama between the two and smack talk before the fight, but keep in mind that was all filmed and in the can months before their current appearances together on live tv where they're all chummy.
1/25/13 9:36 AM
Phisher

Edited: 01/25/13 9:40 AM

If you clowns want to blame somebody, then blame Zuffa management. It's obvious that they are pulling Jones' strings and that he doesn't want to get thrown under the bus by his employer again

Everybody here lined up to shit all over Jones in the aftermath of that 151 debacle while praising "company man" Chael. Now that Jones is obviously doing Zuffa's biding in effort to get back into favor with them, according to the same people who keep praising Chael for knowing how to play the game, that makes Jones an even more disgusting phony.

Why do you people even bother pretending that you're not going to attack Jones no matter what he does?

1/25/13 10:59 AM
cheesesteak
241 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

how cute!

1/25/13 11:00 AM
cheesesteak
241 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1/25/13 11:11 AM
MrMichaelz

Zuffa knows people will waste money and time watching these disgraceful sham of a fight.
And please.. why is every season of TUF the craziest, most intense tv experience yet?
Sonnen and Jones might as well be the globe trotters show or wwe.
1/25/13 12:51 PM
HandyDarsh
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Hey Jon lets make some money together"........………......
"Chael deserves this title fight" Phone Post
1/25/13 1:30 PM
Seats Taken
174 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sonnen may have talked his way into a title shot; but no one at 205 can beat Jones. Sonnen will give him as good as a fight as anyone else can. Phone Post
1/25/13 3:22 PM
ViciousCesar
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

" I've definitely beaten pretty much everybody in my weight class "

really, bro?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.