UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dolce: Cris Cyborg will become a legend at 135

1/25/13 8:16 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1196 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Famed MMA nutritionist and weight cutting guru Mike Dolce recently appeared in MMAWeekly Radio and expressed confidence that he can get Cris Cyborg down to 135, and that she will beat Ronda Rousey.

Dolce has a sterling record of helping fighters cut to a new division or overcome previous problems with making weight safely and effectively, without sweating out their weight, health, and conditioning in the sauna.

Dolce met with Cyborg in LA before she returned  home to Brazil for a vacation, and is utterly confident he can make Cyborg the greatest female fighter on the planet, and a legend.

“I have every intention of working with Cris Cyborg once her UFC contract is finalized," said Dolce. "Right now we’re circling the drain, we’re waiting for the go ahead, but Cris she’s been on vacation in Brazil. If she was here in the United States, she and I already would have been working together. So she’ll be back, her contract will be signed hopefully soon, and as soon as she has a date and an opponent, then it’s game on, I will be working with Cris Cyborg."

“I’m the only guy in the world that can get Cris Cyborg on weight and healthy. I only say that because I have the history. I’m only going to point to my resume when you look at Rampage Rampage was 260 pounds when he came into the fight with Lyoto Machida. He came out there and made 205 pounds easily and he beat Machida. Johny Hendricks is 215 pounds, started working with me, he’s beat Fitch, Koscheck and Kampmann. Johny probably is the biggest welterweight in the UFC, and he’s destined to be a world champion. Thiago Alves, Chael Sonnen was 233 pounds six weeks before the Michael Bisping fight in Chicago."

“Nobody can say that any of my athletes ever look unhealthy or ever underperform as a result of their weight cut.”

“She’ll be 135 pounds, it will be the healthiest she’s been her entire career, and it will be the best performance of her entire career or I would not have taken the job. I can’t risk having an athlete underperform as a result of a weight cut. I would never jeopardize an athlete’s health. A lot of athletes come to me and they want me to help them drop a weight class or two, and I’ve turned a lot of huge names down because it’s just not safe, it’s not healthy."

“At 135 pounds, Cris Cyborg will be the best of her career. She will be the greatest female fighter in the world. She will achieve legendary status at 135 pounds. At 145, she’s too heavy, she’s slower at 145. She’ll be faster at 135, she’ll be more reactive, more flexible, more mobile, and she’ll be stronger. She’ll produce more force per pound of her body weight than she can at 145; I guarantee it.”

“Cris Cyborg could be the world champion today. Whenever Cris fights for the title, she’ll win the title. So if they want one fight or five fights, whoever she fights, she’ll beat. Whether it’s Ronda Rousey for the title, or it’s Sara McMann or Miesha Tate, but there’s a lot of tough girls, but whoever she fights, she’ll beat.”

Read entire article...
Listen to entire interview...
Buy The Dolce Diet on Amazon...

1/25/13 8:22 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGSlapshot
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So Tito's worried she might die and now she's going to be a legend?

I don't think she can beat Rousey at 135 even if she comes in in fine shape. Phone Post
1/25/13 8:32 AM
Authority Figure

UGSlapshot -  So Tito's worried she might die and now she's going to be a legend?

I don't think she can beat Rousey at 135 even if she comes in in fine shape. Phone Post

This.

Can't. Can. Death sentence. Possible. Legend?

1/25/13 8:33 AM
UGSlapshot

Nick Fury - Sonnen didnt look healthy after his cut when he fought Bisping. He looked drained and like shit. This guy is just another self-promoter trying to make a buck. He's the Greg Jackson of the diet world. if he can do it, good for him, but let's not pretend he is the only guy in the world that can do it, thats such a joke. And the whole "legend" thing is because its going to be his client.
He's not selling snake oil, a lot of fighters don't diet correctly. Phone Post
1/25/13 8:38 AM
MMAjustice

If Cris signs a contract with the UFC and makes 135, Ronda will tuck for years...

It will be just another fight that we talk about for ages but dosn't happen for a least 2 years.

And I bet by then, there will be no more womens division in the UFC.
1/25/13 8:38 AM
Bisping KOd by CHRIST

Sonnen looked like shit, quintin(who lost bro...) looked like shit, alves looked like shit, hendrix looked like shit. They all fought like shit after dolce. Go peddle your book to fat women mr.dolce. You dont know anything new.
1/25/13 8:40 AM
Fly Rodder
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's not saying Rampage was 260 lbs in the ring against Machida, is he?

1/25/13 8:42 AM
Jons Forsberg

Nick Fury - Sonnen didnt look healthy after his cut when he fought Bisping. He looked drained and like shit. This guy is just another self-promoter trying to make a buck. He's the Greg Jackson of the diet world. if he can do it, good for him, but let's not pretend he is the only guy in the world that can do it, thats such a joke. And the whole "legend" thing is because its going to be his client.

1/25/13 8:52 AM
jTheHybridwolff
189 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I bet all the women at 135 are shook .
Aside from Ronda , but yes lady's the women y'all were safe from at 135 is coming to get ya .
IMO Ronda has the only chance of beating Cris I don't think she will but she has the best shot at doing it girls like Liz C MT are going to get knocked out Phone Post
1/25/13 8:52 AM
jTheHybridwolff
189 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fly Rodder - He's not saying Rampage was 260 lbs in the ring against Machida, is he?

No he said before the Fight Phone Post
1/25/13 8:58 AM
Big Pookie
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Self promoting is obvious.

As a side note - Cyborg is pretty much being forced to fight at 135, whereas all the other fighters he works with CHOOSE to make the cut to gain a competitive advantage.
1/25/13 12:20 PM
MetroLT
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why are most of you hating on Dolce? The guy knows what he's doing. I wonder if any of you have a better nutritionist in mind to help Cyborg cut the weight? I want to see this fight happen. Don't count her out.
1/25/13 12:29 PM
SlatstheFist
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What is his background in health sciences? Does he have a dietician background? I'm to lazy to Google for myself. Phone Post
1/25/13 12:32 PM
cumprido1
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He has no educational background in nutrition.... yet somehow he's an expert?

Yeah.... good luck with that. Phone Post
1/25/13 12:50 PM
MagSlim

Since when does the UG Blog link to people's Amazon book page?

When they report on a gracie breakdown is there a link to the gracie academy website? their bullyproof book?

I think the ads and the journalism should remain separate.
1/25/13 1:06 PM
Jive Turkey

cumprido1 -  He has no educational background in nutrition.... yet somehow he's an expert?

Yeah.... good luck with that. Phone Post

Nutritionist is to Dietitian
As Mayor McCheese is to Chef
1/25/13 1:09 PM
Jive Turkey

SlatstheFist -  What is his background in health sciences? Does he have a dietician background? I'm to lazy to Google for myself. Phone Post

If he had a background as a dietitian, he sure as hell wouldn't be calling himself a nutritionist. That would be like a real doctor calling himself a homeopath
1/25/13 1:12 PM
LFTM
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nick Fury -
Bisping KOd by CHRIST - Sonnen looked like shit, quintin(who lost bro...) looked like shit, alves looked like shit, hendrix looked like shit. They all fought like shit after dolce. Go peddle your book to fat women mr.dolce. You dont know anything new.

Vitor Belfort was also on the Dolce Diet before Anderson Silva fed him his foot.
Anderson saw how hungry Vitor looked.

So he fed him. Phone Post
1/25/13 1:23 PM
twizzle97
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is there someone who is better at this than Dolce? I'm not sure where all of the negative comments are coming from, but I am far from an expert.

If there is somebody who can do it better, then wouldn't it be nice to share that info here, so that fighters can get the best possible help with their diet and weight cutting?

I just want to see the fighters fight to their ultimate potential.
1/25/13 2:08 PM
40oztofreedom
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ya Mike Dolce, how dare you have a successful career and make lots of money... while we all only have normal shitty jobs that no one cares about. You suck! Phone Post
1/25/13 2:16 PM
wrestler126

Talk about a legend in his own mind.... I have lost all respect for mike dolce!
1/25/13 2:18 PM
Jive Turkey

40oztofreedom -  Ya Mike Dolce, how dare you have a successful career and make lots of money... while we all only have normal shitty jobs that no one cares about. You suck! Phone Post

This says a lot more about your job than it does anyone else's.

1/25/13 2:33 PM
AbbottMary
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nick Fury - Sonnen didnt look healthy after his cut when he fought Bisping. He looked drained and like shit. This guy is just another self-promoter trying to make a buck. He's the Greg Jackson of the diet world. if he can do it, good for him, but let's not pretend he is the only guy in the world that can do it, thats such a joke. And the whole "legend" thing is because its going to be his client.

The greg jackson of the diet world sounds like a huge compliment to me. Have you heard any fighters complain about dolce?
1/25/13 2:45 PM
Argo

Should be easy for him to do. All he has to do is say "eat this" and "Don't stick that needle in your ass"

Also liked the question in the presser yesterday where the girl asked if the UFC was going to have any trans-gender matches. Dana said no but then again they didn't sign Cyborg yet.
1/25/13 3:09 PM
NINERS76

I believe Cyborg would win a fight with Rousey. I think her striking would overwhelm Rousey early.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.