UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Power tower: how many reps?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

1/25/13 8:47 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
NicolasExitBJJ
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fitness buffs help me out here: I got me one of those power tower gyms so I can work out at home (no time to go to the gym on top of BJJ training with newborn daughter). After a week or two I do 3 sets of these:

15 dips
15 straight leg raises
10 chin-ups
10 pull-ups (well close to 10 ;))

Keep in mind I am 6'4" (1m92) tall and close to 100 kgs so don't start yapping about doing 25 pullups. I got long arms alright. :)

Anyway I was wondering if I should continue increasing my reps or stay at this number and try something like a weight vest. I'm also asking because I've had problems with inflamed elbows and shoulders in the past from doing too many pushups in a row so I figured I should go in the direction of less reps and more load.
1/27/13 12:13 AM
sside maurice
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can only tell you what works for me. Once I was able to do sets of 10+, I started adding weight with a vest and worked my way up to 40#.

I also get elbow inflamation if I do too many chins, and the vest allows for a great workout with fewer reps.
1/28/13 9:00 AM
NicolasExitBJJ
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

problem is the max load for the tower is 120 kgs so I can only add 20 kgs before the whole thing will explode :)

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.