UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Chiappetta Tweeting Eddie Alvarez's Status (Court)

1/25/13 12:43 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
EBM
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/25/13 7:23 PM

BREAKING: Court denies Alvarez's application for an injunction that would have allowed him to fight at UFC 159. The legal fight goes on.

Mike Chiappetta MMA@MikeChiappetta

I'm in the courtroom for the Eddie Alvarez hearing that could determine his fighting future. I spoke to him; he's nervous but hopeful.

Early on, Judge Linares seems skeptical that Alvarez would be irreparably harmed by missing out on UFC 159 opportunity

FOX vs Spike is being argued now, and whether that is a fair match in the contract.

Alvarez's attorney arguing that Bellator saying they will put him on PPV's is an "illusory" match.

Judge to Alvarez's side on Bellator's PPV match issue: "you're asking me to assume they're going to breach a contract".

Alvarez counsel citing his world ranking dipping due to public perception of Bellator as issue of non-monetary damages.

Bellator counsel saying Spike/Viacom platform has proven strong launching point for PPV.

Bellator attorney says a match is "monetary, plain & simple," and says they matched.

Bellator: "you can't suggest with a straight face that Fox is better than Spike. They're both mega-entities."

Bellator attorney: "I'm representing to the court that yes, we have a major fight lined up" for

Decision on will be made later today. Either judge will grant injunction allowing him to fight at UFC 159, or court process goes on

I spoke to Eddie at conclusion of hearing. He feels 50/50 on outcome but feels the judge was fair with his questions. Waiting game now.

Seems so yes RT : either way court process goes on, no? This is only a TRO or preliminary injunction hearing

Eddie's family is with him here in Newark. He's gonna hang with them to pass the time while waiting.

Still waiting to hear on a decision. Many have asked how I think it will go. Not sure. Judge probed both sides fairly IMO.

No, projected PPV earnings (actual numbers) were not discussed. It was spoken about in broader terms.

On that one, judge seemed to indicate he had to take Bellator at their word they would produce PPV. If they don't Alvarez can sue

No. In fact they argued that while Eddie's only on a UFC ppv "undercard" (their words, not mine), in Bellator he'd be main event

1/25/13 12:44 PM
Elias Cepeda
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Everyone should be following Chiappetta on Twitter

TTT

1/25/13 12:48 PM
DezzNutzz
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post
1/25/13 12:48 PM
TakesKawkFromSEAHAWKS
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thx for posting Phone Post
1/25/13 12:49 PM
EBM
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bellator counsel saying Spike/Viacom platform has proven strong launching point for PPV.

1/25/13 12:51 PM
stevekt
582 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good luck in Bellator Eddie. Phone Post
1/25/13 12:52 PM
shorebreaker420
1033 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stevekt - Good luck in Bellator Eddie. Phone Post
Zing Phone Post
1/25/13 12:53 PM
rnunz
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Subbed.  I hope we see Eddie in the UFC.

1/25/13 12:53 PM
UGCTT croy_00
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wonder if signing bonus could play into this. Let's say the UFC says oh, and here's a million dollars. What would Bellator do at that point?
1/25/13 12:55 PM
Yelm
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was really hoping to see him in the UFC but this isn't looking good at all.

1/25/13 12:56 PM
epwar
638 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SHOCKER!!! Judge sounds like he is siding with the mega-corporation!

1/25/13 12:57 PM
EBM

Bellator attorney says a match is "monetary, plain & simple," and says they matched.

1/25/13 12:57 PM
ec
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Boo. Phone Post
1/25/13 1:00 PM
EBM

Bellator: "you can't suggest with a straight face that Fox is better than Spike. They're both mega-entities."

1/25/13 1:00 PM
blupitt
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck this is bull shit Eddie wants nothing to do w bellator let him go! Phone Post
1/25/13 1:01 PM
caposa
1657 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EBM - 

Haha uhhh... what?

1/25/13 1:02 PM
caseharts
406 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT croy_00 - I wonder if signing bonus could play into this. Let's say the UFC says oh, and here's a million dollars. What would Bellator do at that point?
Idk but Bellator won't ever have a visvle ppv Phone Post
1/25/13 1:02 PM
caseharts
406 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EBM -

Fuck bellator Phone Post
1/25/13 1:03 PM
Leck Brosnar
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think Eddie cares where he fights if he's making the same amount of money in either organization. It will just be a joke if the court decides that the Bellator PPV equals the UFC PPV.
1/25/13 1:04 PM
Hired Gun
463 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yep, staying in Bellator imo
EBM

Bellator attorney: "I'm representing to the court that yes, we have a major fight lined up" for

epwar
638 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Judge sounds like a Bellator fan. ;-)

1/25/13 1:07 PM
TEN10TEN
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Leck Brosnar - I don't think Eddie cares where he fights if he's making the same amount of money in either organization. It will just be a joke if the court decides that the Bellator PPV equals the UFC PPV.
No he doesn't care. That's why he is in court. Phone Post
1/25/13 1:07 PM
DoubleBagger
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Boycott Bellator. Free Eddie!
1/25/13 1:09 PM
epwar

Edited: 01/25/13 1:09 PM
TEN10TEN - 
Leck Brosnar - I don't think Eddie cares where he fights if he's making the same amount of money in either organization. It will just be a joke if the court decides that the Bellator PPV equals the UFC PPV.
No he doesn't care. That's why he is in court. Phone Post

Zing!

Poor Eddie is going to have to now waste prime years in Bellator.  

I can't understand how Bellator's illusion they will hold a PPV can hold up in court.  That is some Enron-esque BS.  "We are totally going to make a product that will make us millions so put millions of dollars on our books."

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.