UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rampage's new shoe

1/25/13 2:46 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson, who fights for the UFC quite possibly for the last time Saturday night at UFC on FOX 6, has a new sponsor, Reebok, and a new shoe - The ATV19+

Reebok’s newest training shoe, ATV19+, is endorsed by Rampage Jackson and set to drop February 1 for $140. ATV19+ will undoubtedly be the most unique looking sneaker on the market when it’s released. But the look isn’t just for show, there is a functionality behind the design that makes sense for both the hardcore runner and the casual trainer who is looking for a break from the monotony of running on the treadmill or around the track.

Inspired by the tire geometry of All-Terrain Vehicles, ATV 19+ features 19 irregular lugs designed to rip mud, snow, sand and grass out of the way. ATV19+ technology works to grab the most terrain possible with each step, for optimal running on all surfaces. Along with the colorway featured below, the shoe will also be released in flat grey/black/acid green and red/solar green/white.

“When I first looked at it, I thought, 'what am I gonna be doing, running on the moon?'" said Rampage. "Surprisingly enough, this design is really, really comfortable. I’ve been running in these shoes for like three months now and have no complaints about it. It took my running to a whole ‘nother level. I hate running! I have a short attention span and I hate running because it’s mundane. You’re running on a treadmill or on the streets and you gotta stop at the lights. With these shoes, you can go anywhere!”

“I wanted to test these shoes out and prove them wrong but I couldn’t. I was running over rocks and logs and in mud, up dirt hills, it doesn’t bother me. It made my cardio much better by doing what I want to do…I wanted to see what these shoes couldn’t do, that’s the type of person I am, I’m a fighter at everything. I haven’t found one thing these shoes can’t do yet.”

“I was sitting there thinking the other day,’Wow, Reebok wants me?! I never really had a whole lot of sponsors and I was wondering why sponsors weren’t attracted to me. Now that I’ve gotten older and cleaned up my image, I’ve noticed a lot of younger people are looking up to me. I’m trying to be a better role model…I’m not perfect, no human being is, but I’m trying to be a better role model. When I started fighting, I just did it to pay the bills, the last thing I thought was that kids would be watching me. A couple of years ago, a kid came up to me and cited an interview that I did a long time ago that was very vulgar and I realized I had to watch what I was saying in the public eye. I think that’s what kept a lot of big sponsors and companies away from me. Even though I was exciting, you never knew what you were going to get. Now I’m more mature and a more positive person and I try my best to be a role model.”

“I got four kids, man and if you count my dad, I got five kids! I love my family and I don’t get to spend a lot of time with them because my job is so demanding. I miss them a lot so they’re on my mind a lot. I’m crazy about my kids. When you have kids, man, the world changes…This is my career, this is my job, this is how I pay for their piano lessons, Japanese lessons, soccer practices…everything they want to do, this is how I get that done. That’s all I care about, that’s how I get it done.”

“I do think that I bring a lot more to the table than other fighters bring. I feel like a lot of fighters, they’re too wrapped up in their own egos and how tough they are. Fighters are really cool people, but they get in front of the camera or in front of the media and they act like they’re super tough and I don’t understand that. I just be myself. I like entertaining people, I like doing movies, I like working with brands like Reebok. I like fighting and slamming people and knocking people out. A lot of fighters do movies now and it’s good for the MMA world but I just feel like nobody does it like me and I stand out more than other people.”

Read entire article...

1/25/13 2:50 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Hocky Balboa
8461 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Basically, the shoe is designed to handle everything you can possibly throw at it"

From the looks of it, it's designed to handle landmines and roadside bombs. Phone Post
1/25/13 2:53 PM
RameauSoCouldYou
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vomit? Phone Post
1/25/13 2:54 PM
sockeye
204 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wtf? Astronaut shoes? Phone Post
1/25/13 2:55 PM
Hocky Balboa
8461 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Your feet stank."

-everyone to Rampage Phone Post
1/25/13 2:57 PM
12SixElbow
615 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They look weird, but if they really made running "off road" better I'd try them. I love jogging trails

1/25/13 2:59 PM
JFC1001
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haha. Who would wear that shoe?. Phone Post
1/25/13 3:13 PM
Hessian
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

good for him
1/25/13 3:13 PM
Herring In A Fur Coat
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FightMatrix.com, MMA Rankings

Damn that is ugly.

1/25/13 3:15 PM
Eunuchorn
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JFC1001 -  Haha. Who would wear that shoe?. Phone Post

People who crave attention.

You know, like Rampage.
1/25/13 3:23 PM
A.W.Ashford
382 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If they were all black then possibly maybe I would. Phone Post
1/25/13 3:33 PM
Publicnoose

They look good but I'm broke so not for right now and I still wear my new balance minimums they are good Phone Post
1/25/13 3:35 PM
Dogman

Pretty goofy looking. I suppose if it make you perform better, great, but I guessing it more for attention whores.
1/25/13 3:39 PM
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com
Looks like a bunch of little dildos
1/25/13 3:41 PM
simonpe

Those shoes are so ugly even a black man can't pull them off...
1/25/13 3:42 PM
FlyingSubsOnly

they're stupid looking but if they're functional, then hey, why not.
1/25/13 3:48 PM
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com
WiqedWhite -  I would wear Gretzky's shoes way before I ever wore those Phone Post

ALL DAY

1/25/13 3:56 PM
DiscipleDojo
624 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Disciple Dojo, L3C, Founder

I dig 'em.

1/25/13 3:59 PM
john joe
398 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighters Only, web/editorial

1/25/13 4:00 PM
UGCTT_Jay Edz
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

simonpe - Those shoes are so ugly even a black man can't pull them off...
LOL Phone Post
1/25/13 4:01 PM
hustlewestbrook

DiscipleDojo -

I dig 'em.

Oh, hey Page! Phone Post
1/25/13 4:02 PM
Card
2027 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1/25/13 4:03 PM
Jaybrone
441 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good god those are awful looking.

But sadly many shoes these days are fugly.

1/25/13 4:09 PM
LShaman

It's a workout shoe guys, nobody is telling you to wear it to a party.

If you go running outdoor trails does it matter if "teh shoo iz pwetty??"

It's gonna get all fucked up anyway!
1/25/13 4:18 PM
Chomas
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow fugliest shits I ever saw LOL. What kind of clown would cop those? Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.