UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Overeem: "I will destroy Antonio Silva"

1/25/13 6:10 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Grimreapers
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Source: Alistair Overeem: "I will destroy Antonio Silva"

Overeem is the favorite, but he is in big trouble if Silva get's him to the ground. I recently, watch a documentary they have on AKA, and Cain was talking about how hard Silva hits, and when u look at his past fights when he unleashes that G&P he always brutalizes his opponent on the bottom. What u guys think?

1/25/13 6:12 PM
Chaelismyhero

I think Overeem crushes Silva.
1/25/13 6:12 PM
yellow wrkahlc

And I believe him. 1st round KO via knees and punches.

1/25/13 6:13 PM
subwrassler
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

50/50
1/25/13 6:14 PM
mijo

Overreem has not fought anyone that is as well rounded as Antonio Silva. We will have to see! This is not K-1.
1/25/13 6:15 PM
AbbottMary
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yeah, hes gonna crush bigfoot. But i do think bigfoots best chance is to drag overeem into deep waters.
shorebreaker420
988 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mijo - Overreem has not fought anyone that is as well rounded as Antonio Silva. We will have to see! This is not K-1.
Thankx for the laugh Phone Post
Olive Garden Table For One
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is a showcase fight and not a competitive matchup. Easter Island Head is a lamb being led to slaughter

1/25/13 6:16 PM
Uncle Muay Thai
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Overeem by ko within 2 minutes Phone Post
1/25/13 6:16 PM
mijo

shorebreaker420 - 
mijo - Overreem has not fought anyone that is as well rounded as Antonio Silva. We will have to see! This is not K-1.
Thankx for the laugh Phone Post

We will see
1/25/13 6:17 PM
mijo

Snake28 - 
Ummmmm wtf r u high? Phone Post

Don't get mad if Over rated, I mean Overreem loses
1/25/13 6:19 PM
Smokemonster
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Overeem by tko in the 2nd Phone Post
1/25/13 6:22 PM
irishrottie
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I still think Overeem loses his legs from underneath him when he takes a shot at this level at HW. He still hasnt been hit.

1/25/13 6:25 PM
Mdson
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yup. I think the only chance Bigfoot has is to get on top and go for GnP & submissions. This fight is (or should be) tailor-made for Overeem.
1/25/13 6:33 PM
Olive Garden Table For One
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

irishrottie - 

I still think Overeem loses his legs from underneath him when he takes a shot at this level at HW. He still hasnt been hit.

Sergei blasted him

1/25/13 6:35 PM
HandyDarsh
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mijo -
Snake28 - 

ZING, that joke confirms he's high. Phone Post
1/25/13 6:53 PM
UGCTT_5 for fighting
197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reems ground game is underrated. Phone Post
1/25/13 6:55 PM
ShawnTheBadger
337 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why is Overeem, who has 19 submission wins and has been training in submissions since sometime prior to 1999 (his first pro MMA win, by submission) going to be in "big trouble" if this hits the mat? Big Foot has a BB in both BJJ and Judo, but surely Reem is not considered a slouch or pushover on the ground?

Further, how can anyone possibly be dismissive of winning the K-1 Grand Prix when assessing an MMA fighters skills? Reem was facing the best HW strikers in the world. Taking shots, and not only holding his own, but whooping some serious ass.

1/25/13 6:59 PM
MachidasStraightLeft
434 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HandyDarsh - 
mijo -
Snake28 - 

I would say Werdum was more well rounded and better than Bigfoot.

1/25/13 7:01 PM
Jobe Watson the Bomber
379 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ShawnTheBadger - Why is Overeem, who has 19 submission wins and has been training in submissions since sometime prior to 1999 (his first pro MMA win, by submission) going to be in "big trouble" if this hits the mat? Big Foot has a BB in both BJJ and Judo, but surely Reem is not considered a slouch or pushover on the ground?

Further, how can anyone possibly be dismissive of winning the K-1 Grand Prix when assessing an MMA fighters skills? Reem was facing the best HW strikers in the world. Taking shots, and not only holding his own, but whooping some serious ass.

Agree. People act like if it hits the mat, Reem scratches his head in confusion and taps.

1/25/13 9:23 PM
mijo

MachidasStraightLeft - 
HandyDarsh - 
mijo -
Snake28 - 

I'm more interested in the post horse meat Overrated.
1/25/13 9:24 PM
mijo

I mean Overreem
1/25/13 9:28 PM
Mr Sizzzz
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Silva does win, who is next for Cain? Cormier with a win over Mir? Phone Post
1/25/13 9:31 PM
MachidasStraightLeft
434 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mijo - 
MachidasStraightLeft - 
HandyDarsh - 
mijo -
Snake28 - 

I'm more interested in the post horse meat Overrated.

Yeah...And his most recent fight before the Brock fight was against Werdum bro...

1/25/13 9:34 PM
MachidasStraightLeft

NotImpressedByYourScreenName - 
Grimreapers -

Source: Alistair Overeem: "I will destroy Antonio Silva"

Overeem is the favorite, but he is in big trouble if Silva get's him to the ground. I recently, watch a documentary they have on AKA, and Cain was talking about how hard Silva hits, and when u look at his past fights when he unleashes that G&P he always brutalizes his opponent on the bottom. What u guys think?

But Cain never got hit by Bigfoot? Phone Post

Dude, that one leg kick he threw was devastating...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.