UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Debating a late 2013/early 2012 comeback at 145..

1/25/13 11:45 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
AndrewJitsu
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey Ug-

Here's my reinspired plea ;)

Haven't fought since 2010. Where I won a title at 185. A weight where I have no business fighting at. Fought for Strikeforce at 185 and 155 like an idiot. .

The last few years not fighting has taught me a ton about myself. I was fighting at 18 years old, not training and partying before fights...fighting some of the toughest guys around on little to no notice, literally training myself out of my garage and HS wrestling room.

I ruptured a disc in my back in 2007, when I should've got surgery, and didn't. In 2010 I decided to fix my body and stay out of the ring. But didn't.

I learned many valuable lessons. But these three years off have made me re-evaluate the way I train and live. I have become a vegetarian, live on my own as opposed to under my parents roof in a partying hometown on Long Island.

I just wanted to come on here and just chat with you guys about this. My one regret from fighting was that I never really took my career serious one bit. Taking pro MMA fights, pro Muay Thai fights, pro boxing and not to mention 18 vale tudo fights. I was once told that the best way to learn how to fight was by actually fighting. Which I find to be very true.

Now I debate coming back, living in Hollywood, mentally stable, and ready to fight at a new weight class. Somewhat of a rebirth in my eyes. Fought at 155, 170, 185, 205...hell I even fought a guy that weighted 320 and fought me wearing socks. For years many said I should fight at 145...young Andrew ignored and was lazy.

I am documenting the whole thing with my own film crew, I've realized that I am rusty a bit and training smarter is actually smarter. A clearance from a doctor and I am gonna make a push...I make no claims to vie for titles, but I've been on this forum for about seven years and have found most of my fights on here- "need fighter this weekend" those type of fights.

I invite you guys to give me advice and just let me know what you think.

You'll be able to find most of my documentary stuff available on my YouTube show MMA Surge. This is not a plug at all. Just a fellow martial artist looking for advice and support from those who care or are willing to chime.

Thanks
Andrew "the squid" Montanez Phone Post
1/25/13 11:46 PM
AndrewJitsu
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oops meant 2014...go Andrew. Phone Post
1/25/13 11:48 PM
Leghound
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/25/13 11:48 PM
Have nothing to add other than to say congrats on figuring everything out and getting back on the horse again. Sounds like you've cleared your head and are at a place where you can focus, get serious, and do what you need to do so you have no regrets when you get older.
1/26/13 12:20 AM
AndrewJitsu

Leghound - Have nothing to add other than to say congrats on figuring everything out and getting back on the horse again. Sounds like you've cleared your head and are at a place where you can focus, get serious, and do what you need to do so you have no regrets when you get older.
Thanks a lot. I'm excited about this year. To me it's just a starting point and taking it from there. It's a nice place im in tho. Phone Post
1/26/13 1:16 AM
K Rod
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do i really have to call ur cell phone and curse u off homie
1/26/13 1:33 AM
AndrewJitsu

K Rod - do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do i really have to call ur cell phone and curse u off homie
Why would you curse me skinny tattoo guy? Phone Post
1/26/13 2:33 AM
McSurly
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good luck and look forward to following your progress.

1/26/13 2:36 AM
YVES JOCKSTRAP
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome, good luck! Phone Post
1/26/13 3:28 AM
Adam Hunter
1053 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll be cheering you on bud...whatever decision you make. Phone Post
1/26/13 3:55 AM
AndrewJitsu

Thanks guys. I needed some inspiration and I think I've found it. I've really harnessed my martial arts as a whole. I hope it translates in the ring. Im doing it more for me. The past few years all the kung fu, sambo, boxing and just working as a fight choreographer has opened my mind in a way that makes fighting peaceful to me. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.