UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Silva doesn't want Weidman, maybe Cung Le?

1/26/13 12:26 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1290 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Ed Soares, who serves as the manger and interpreter to the champion, tells Cage Fanatic he doesn't know who is next for Silva, he just wants it to be someone who is well known by fans and can draw eyeballs, naming former Strikeforce champion Cung Le as a potential opponent.

His words:

"(Silva's next fight) is still up in the air man, we don't know who that is, you know, unfortunately Bisping lost which was a big thing but, you know, I'm not too sure. I'm not too sure who could be next, I mean there's a few names out there but I think nothing really stable. There's been a few guys who - you know we want to fight someone who has a little bit of a name, someone that has as big of a name as possible and that's on a winning record or a winning run right now. So, I mean right now it seems like most of the guys with names have had losses very recently. So, when I think about it, like the only thing that comes to mind and I don't even know if that would be a possible fight is, you know, like Cung Le is coming off of three wins or something like that where he's got a little bit of a name, but I mean it's really hard in that division because it's so evenly matched all the opponents on any given day one of those guys can beat each other, so you know, once again whoever the UFC decided we're in."

read entire article...

1/26/13 12:27 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Warriormmd
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sure Phone Post
1/26/13 12:31 AM
Got MMAlk
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Didn't read. I'd watch? Phone Post
1/26/13 12:32 AM
shorebreaker420
1024 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zzz Zzz Zzz Phone Post
1/26/13 12:33 AM
Matrixkick
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ohhh this makes PERFECT sense! Phone Post
1/26/13 12:35 AM
Jobe Watson the Bomber
463 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As much as a fight with Weidman has more relevance, I'd love to see Le vs Silva, it's a fun matchup but as Soares states at the end, "Whoever the UFC decides we're in."

1/26/13 12:37 AM
TheOne
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Weidman is the best competitor in the MW and e seems to Anderson's kryptonite.

HES THE CHAMPION HE SHOULD FIGHT ALL COMERS AT MIDDLEWEIGHT
1/26/13 12:38 AM
Prepare2Die

Silva seems to want the safer fights. Phone Post
1/26/13 12:42 AM
nogi26
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

At this point all of the silva supporters can't say he isn't ducking weidman. With that being said I'd like to see weidman get a tune up fight coming off the injury. Weidman holds that belt before the end of 2013 IMO. Phone Post
1/26/13 12:44 AM
Bisping KOd by CHRIST

Lol. All i can think about are those poor silva fans. Theyre constantly forced to defend his terrible division, his terrible actions and his terrible record and how does he repay them? He runs around asking to fight movie stars and old ladies & looking like an absolute coward. . Lol. Just lol. .
1/26/13 12:48 AM
kinson

No. Just no. Phone Post
1/26/13 12:52 AM
MachidasStraightLeft
488 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/26/13 12:52 AM

This is what I don't like about Anderson, or at least his management.  Anderson is GOAT 100%, and at 37 nobody wants to see him waste one of his last fights against fucking Cung Le.

He (or his management) is risk-averse in their opponent selection.  

In his defense, I do agree with Soares/Silva about the Weidman fight, but surely there are better fights for him at 85 than Cunge Le.

1/26/13 12:57 AM
HandyDarsh
223 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He wants superfights, it sounds like his division bores him...
Call me crazy but I'd love to see cung vs Anderson Phone Post
1/26/13 12:58 AM
HandyDarsh
223 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

0bamasux -
Prepare2Die - Silva seems to want the safer fights. Phone Post
Exactly, he only seems to want to play it as safe as possible. Phone Post
Play it safe as he stand against the cage with his hands down, one division above his against a roided opponent. Phone Post
1/26/13 1:00 AM
Bloodstorm

Silva would smash weidman anyways so it really doesn't matter Phone Post
1/26/13 1:01 AM
damnyouwoman14
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't understand how he can keep denying Weidman! Unfortunately, I do wanna see Cung vs Anderson. Phone Post
1/26/13 1:01 AM
HandyDarsh

Bloodstorm - Silva would smash weidman anyways so it really doesn't matter Phone Post
. Phone Post
1/26/13 1:04 AM
Jaybrone
526 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TopGrinder -  Lol. Silva these last few years only wants cream puffs. Whatevs dude is on his tail end. Pay the man ... Pay the man his money!!!! Phone Post

1/26/13 1:06 AM
MichaelMeyers

Cung Le? Seriously? If he's looking to fight a big name, I'd think Wand (who recently beat Cung) would be the way to go...

But not wanting to risk losing to a young up and comer like Weidman makes sense, I guess.
1/26/13 1:07 AM
ANT_P1989
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol at these idiots thinking he's ducking Weidman. When he gets his title shot against Anderson then he'll fight Anderson.

You fools act like Dana is gonna block Chris from getting a title shot someday? When Chris defeats people and gets to the #1 spot for the belt, THEN HE'LL FIGHT ANDERSON.

Some folks have more of a "name" than others and then it's a "business" decision just to make extra money.

Weidman's due date is coming, he'll be added to The Spider's Web as another "OH HE'S THE ONE TO DO IT!" list.... Phone Post
1/26/13 1:14 AM
sadisticsoldier
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cung just recently got smoked by Wanderlei. Fucking no. Vetoed.
1/26/13 1:15 AM
HandyDarsh

Maybe weidman needs to act more like chael??? Did he try that yet??

1/26/13 1:15 AM
ANT_P1989
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sadisticsoldier - Cung just recently got smoked by Wanderlei. Fucking no. Vetoed.
No, Cung just recently STARCHED Ace Franklin.

Franklin fan btw. Phone Post
1/26/13 1:18 AM
ausgepicht

Who the fuck cares what Anderson or Soares want?!

No, really. What they want shouldn't factor in. Fighters can't cherry pick. MATCHMAKER Joe Silva, BLAF and the Fertittas should make those fights that the fans want, be entertaining and makes sense. 

1/26/13 1:21 AM
catgobling

Silva is a prizefighter and nobody wants to see Weidman fight. Silva's pay directly correlates to the value of his opponent(PPV buys make the big bucks), so you shouldnt blame Silva for ignoring Weidman.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.