UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jones: Move to heavyweight could come this year

1/26/13 2:00 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
hybridfc
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He has the frame to carry some serious functional muscle. Im his height and am rangey also, put on 10kg and didnt lose any speed. Phone Post
1/26/13 4:19 PM
knuckleballs
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Glover scorches Rampage, I would love to see Glover vs Bones, though, rightfully, if Hendo beats Machida he should get it first. Saying that, i think Glover is a much bigger threat to Jones than Hendo.
1/26/13 5:12 PM
IHangFromBJsBallSack

I would be a huge fan of JBJ if be went to heavyweight and stopped picking on my favourite fighters. Phone Post
1/29/13 8:56 PM
KingOfFighters

Gregg Roach - 
KingOfFighters - That's why jon jones will be a legend by the time he hangs it up. He's already a great fighter, so he can't find anyone to test him, what will he do? MOVE UP IN FUCKING WEIGHT LIKE EVERY GREAT FIGHTER EVER HAS DONE.

With that said, I think he's a little too green perhaps he should wait 2-3 years.

I agree with most of this, except whether he will be a legend depends on how well he does at HW. Also, I think 1-2 years seems about right. But, only he knows what his weight is doing right now, so . . .

And, for the record, I think Reem destroys Jones at this point. Jones should definitely look for a middle-of-the-pack guy or a gatekeeper before trying the Reems of the division.

Well great fighters are usually gifted beyond their weightclass, so he'll be even more legendary if he can compete with the big boys. Some will say he's already a heavyweight, the guy is a stick, he'd get rag dolled by jds, or any other decently talented heavyweight, he needs to build up his core strength.
1/29/13 9:04 PM
borked
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/29/13 9:04 PM
only a few who would challenge jbj at hw would be cormier, barnett, and cain. the first two would have trouble and it'd be 50/50 but cain would wreck him.
1/29/13 9:10 PM
Mookie Blaylock

I want Jones vs. Cain
1/29/13 9:48 PM
BigSleep
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryann Von Doom - Cool. Do it, man up and fight at your true weight class. Phone Post
This is dumb, even by your standards and that is saying something. Phone Post
1/29/13 10:59 PM
SouthernCrossMMA
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Whatever he does the jones hate squad will still find sumthing to complain about.

If he moves up he's ducking silva, hendo mousasi etc etc

If he doesn't move up he's not fighting in his natural weight class etc etc Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.