UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> *****FREE BLUE NAME*****

1/26/13 7:09 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_T Lambos
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm at the ufc on fox.....finally, I came from Detroit drove 3 hours last night to west side of Michigan to pick my friend. I got to his house at 4 in the morning sleep on his floor for an hour and half. Woke up at 8 and we get headed to chicago around 9 which is another 3 and a half hour drive. I have my buddy drive his car so I immediately fall asleep waking up 3 and a half hours later in Chicago right by our hotel. I then realize I left the tickets in my car back at his house.......ffffffuckkkkkkkkkkkkjjjdjdhgdhsbbd!!!!!!!!!1@22!!!!!! So our only option was to go back and get them. I hop in the driver seat and head back to his house going 100 mph at least the whole way there and back. Made it back in 6 hours flat, now im sitting in this bitch chillinggg, bout to watch guidia implement another sad game plan if he don't get picked apart Phone Post
1/26/13 7:35 PM
Slydawg
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Song2 -

*I already made this thread but i cant see it anywhere*

OK im in a good mood

so heres a contest, mudnamers tell me your best MMA related stories, be they funny, interesting, stuff at training etc.

it will be an interesting read and at the end ill pick a winner and buy you a blue name. 

other UGers feel free to help me choose.

Not sure when contest closes, will see what the response is like.

Good luck

Can I send mine private? I'm an old schooler and have some pretty amazing stories. I was in this when it was grass roots and have seen serious shit go down. Things that would not happen anymore since the sport is legit now.

I just don't know what kind of reaction I would get publically talking about those crazy times. It could make me look pretty bad. Now I'm a family man Phone Post
2/1/13 3:07 PM
UGCTT_Song2
854 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Slydawg -
UGCTT_Song2 -

*I already made this thread but i cant see it anywhere*

OK im in a good mood

so heres a contest, mudnamers tell me your best MMA related stories, be they funny, interesting, stuff at training etc.

it will be an interesting read and at the end ill pick a winner and buy you a blue name. 

other UGers feel free to help me choose.

Not sure when contest closes, will see what the response is like.

Good luck

Can I send mine private? I'm an old schooler and have some pretty amazing stories. I was in this when it was grass roots and have seen serious shit go down. Things that would not happen anymore since the sport is legit now.

I just don't know what kind of reaction I would get publically talking about those crazy times. It could make me look pretty bad. Now I'm a family man Phone Post
TTMFT!

Of course

Keep em coming guys ill be giving out a blue before tomorrow's paper view. Some good ones so far Phone Post
2/2/13 12:51 AM
UGCTT_Song2
854 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No more stories or what? Phone Post
2/2/13 6:18 AM
benkordus
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I had never been to a UFC event before UFC on Fox 6. I went with a good friend and three of his acquaintances. We all got 250-260 dollar seats. Hopefully this is somewhat cohesive..

My friend picked me up from Madison at 7am. I stumble out to the rent-a-car trying to look as gassed as possible, and I give my friend a Mark Coleman action figure as a present. He laughs, and we are on our way to Chicago. I ask, "why the hell are we leaving so early?" He replies, "We gotta pregame dude." I don't drink, but him and a couple of his friends we are meeting there do...no big deal.

We get to the hotel, and one of the guys we met there pulled out some graph paper with the United Center, and the mile or so of bars inbetween the arena and the hotel. The guy goes over points on his little map to which bars need to be visited and I interrupt and point on the map and go, "what's that?" He says, "That is a bar with a shuttle to the arena.." *In case you guys didn't know, it was bitter cold in Chicago that whole week.* I proclaim, "WE"RE GOING THERE!" Everyone seems to want a variety of bars to visit, but they see my point, and relent.
We get to the bar, and yes, they have the shuttle.."Anytime you want to go, you can go" a server tells us. *Two hours before the facebook prelims.* A round of "hurricanes" and shots are ordered immediately. We all ordered an appetizer, but no big meal. They keep drinking. The waitress is back every five minutes taking another order every time. When it was all said and done, six people got a total bill of 275. A guy at our table insisted he "wasn't paying 60 dollars for a fuckin' quesadilla. -That made me smile. He seemed to forget he had six drinks with that.
The bill gets cleared up, and we head to the shuttle.
A member of our party asks, "can we smoke in here?" And the driver replies, "Yeah, but not cigarettes." A blunt immediately gets pulled out of a jacket pocket and is lit. Now I don't smoke either, but dig how everyone around me is doing whatever they want, and really letting loose.
We get to the arena, and the driver says, "meet me back here when it's done, and I'll pick ya up." Everyone is stoked, and he gets a 40 dollar tip for it.
Right after walking in I see Jon Jones' manager walk out of a 'staff only' door with a big guy in a hoodie trying not to get any attention drawn to him..I go up to the guy in the hoodie (Jon Jones) and say, "I see you Jon, nice try..." He laughs, I shake his hand and walk away.
I just stepped foot in the place and I already met the Light Heavyweight champion of the world. I'm pretty happy.

The fights were all above average, as anyone watching could attest to, and despite an 'almost brawl' happening because two drunk 40 year olds split beer on each other, and a guy behind me yelling, "GO FOR THE KNNNEEEEBAAAAAR!" every time the fighters clinched..It was a awesome first event experience. The fights and the behind the scenes action was all very interesting to me, and was worth every penny.
My friend and his buddies had to get up and pee a lot and I would say they missed half the event. We leave the arena, and get the shuttle back. I head back to the hotel, and the rest stay out until four. They were all hung over the next day. The end.
2/2/13 7:14 AM
Dirk Bevlin
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Around 4 yrs ago, during the time of Brock's run, I spent about 6 months valeting cars at this place called Medical City in Dallas. There were lots of cosmetic physicians in there and we had a lot of wealthy folks for regular clientele, including Chuck Norris. He'd come about once every six weeks to have his face done, and have us keep his Escalade close to the front. He'd come back out with his face all pink, I think he was having it exfoliated. Anyway, one day I was pulling his Caddy up for him and as he was getting in I said -

'Mr. Norris, can I ask you a question?'

He said 'Sure'.

I asked him 'Who's the world's greatest living MMA fighter?'

He said 'Well, there's a fighter from Russia named Fedor Emelianenko...'

I said 'Oh yeah, I'm a big fan of his.'

Chuck said 'He's the best, he's the real deal.'

I couldn't help but smile -

'You think Lesnar'll give him any trouble?'

Chuck shook his head and said 'No. Fedor'll handle him.'

I had a pep in my step for about a week. Phone Post
2/2/13 5:18 PM
UGCTT_Song2

A lot of cool stories here, help me pick a winner UG. Phone Post
2/2/13 5:24 PM
HolyHackZack
404 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ran into Jake Shields in the lobby at UFC on Fox 5. He was getting swarmed by people pretty bad. I handed him my hat, he signed it real quick and handed it back. Some guy came up with an air of authority about him and said 'EVERYONE GIVE THE MAN SOME ROOM! JAKE FOLLOW ME I'LL GET YOU OUT OF HERE!'. He grabbed Jake, drug him through the crowd to a group of friends he had waiting, took a picture and said 'Thanks man, nice meeting you!' and just left him stranded.
2/2/13 5:29 PM
HolyHackZack
404 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/02/13 5:29 PM
I've posted this one before as well I believe. Met Nick Diaz waiting outside the post fight press conference as well. Door opened and he went charging through with a good 'don't fucking talk at me' look. I pulled my hat off my balding intoxicated head and yelled 'You're my favorite fighter and I have no hair! Sign my hat!'. He smiled, signed my shit, dropped it on the floor and walked away. Rockstar moment.
2/2/13 6:51 PM
UGCTT_Song2

okay some great stories here. ive put out a bunch of vote ups. my 2 faves are by a green and the roger huerta story by a guy who doesnt want a blue. 

Im struggling to pick one.

Bushido aristotle ill buy you a blue regardless buddy, you make cool vids, you should be able to post them. 

Ill bump this for the last time for any late entries, am about to head to BWW to watch the fights. 

TTMFT!

2/3/13 10:29 AM
Large Intestine
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Dirk's story. Phone Post
2/3/13 12:04 PM
BushidoAristotle
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Song2 - 

okay some great stories here. ive put out a bunch of vote ups. my 2 faves are by a green and the roger huerta story by a guy who doesnt want a blue. 

Bushido aristotle ill buy you a blue regardless buddy, you make cool vids, you should be able to post them. 

Ill bump this for the last time for any late entries, am about to head to BWW to watch the fights. 

TTMFT!

Wow, thank you, my friend, I really appreciate it. The generosity on the UG, never fails to surprise me.
2/3/13 12:16 PM
Rear Naked Chode
510 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One time I asked Josh Barnett in person,” What really happened with the Fedor fight?” I'm surprised I'm still alive.
2/3/13 1:45 PM
UGCTT_Song2

BushidoAristotle -
UGCTT_Song2 - 

TTMFT!

Wow, thank you, my friend, I really appreciate it. The generosity on the UG, never fails to surprise me.
Hey I need to figure out how to do it, I know before I got my blue back I woud click go pro and it would ask if I want to buy for myself or another member. Ill figure it out soon im sure but if anyone can tell me how.... Phone Post
2/3/13 9:43 PM
UGCTT_Song2

should be blue now BA. any late entries?

2/3/13 10:13 PM
RickStorm
1829 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

TTT

2/3/13 10:18 PM
RickStorm
1829 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

Check your PM's Song

2/3/13 10:44 PM
UGCTT_Song2

RickStorm - 

Check your PM's Song

2/3/13 10:51 PM
BushidoAristotle
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Song2 - 

Thanks a lot, my brother. I truly appreciate it. I certainly won't forget your generosity, and will be voting you up for the next week or so.
2/3/13 11:03 PM
UGCTT_Song2

Heel Hooker - I was at a Dan Severn Seminar and it was f'n boiling and Dan's rolling with people and getting all sweaty and then it's my turn to roll with him and I end up on his back with hooks in but he ends up twisting me around and his shirt get all coiled up and wrings into my mouth. We're talking a full mouthfull of Dan Severn sweat and he's still on top me so I can't even breathe and spit it out so I choke and swallow it.
How did it taste? Phone Post
2/3/13 11:04 PM
Large Intestine

Did it change your life? Phone Post
2/3/13 11:04 PM
UGCTT_Song2

BushidoAristotle -
UGCTT_Song2 - 

Thanks a lot, my brother. I truly appreciate it. I certainly won't forget your generosity, and will be voting you up for the next week or so.
No problem now help me pick a winner haha Phone Post
2/3/13 11:08 PM
battlefields
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I scored a press pass to Impact FC in Sydney a few years ago, including Ken Shamrock, Paulo Filho, Paul Daley (just after the "incident"), Pedro Rizzo, John McCarthy, and many more. I was under the impression that with all these names, it would be a pretty decent set up.

The Press Release and Weigh Ins were held in this swank hotel, so I'm figuring there would be a few more people around. There wasn't. We were directed to take a lift to a beneath ground level room. I kind of expected it to be one of those big seminar joints but no, the room they had rented out was about the size of the average living room. Although there weren't that many people, the size of the guys in the room made it appear even smaller.

The Weigh Ins were with a set of bathroom scales, that had to be sourced from somewhere while everyone milled around. Some guys didn't make weight who were clearly on their last legs from the cut, unable to muster any spit at all and begging to be given a weight allowance. Ken Shamrock talked about God. I could barely hear the Portuguese translator.

At the afterparty I hung out with Elvis Sinosic and Anthony Perosh, whom I had been introduced to by a friend who was one of their brown belts. Got to meet and hang out with the roster of fighters, except Ken who never showed up, probably considering his performance that night was less than stellar.
2/3/13 11:23 PM
UGCTT_Song2

Large Intestine -  I like Dirk's story. Phone Post

me too, dirk you win a blue name. 

ill keep this contest open and hand out blues before PPV's etc so keep the stories coming. ill be sure to vote up people who share, at the very least. 

This thread will stay open forever, so dont be afraid to bump it if you got a good story.

Dirk, standby to be blue, but remember, with great power comes great responsibility.

you now have to post pics for muds when asked.

2/3/13 11:27 PM
UGCTT_Song2

Dirk Bevlin did you get banned? it says your screenname doesnt exist. i copied it and typed it. did you lose a SN bet?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.