UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> *****FREE BLUE NAME*****

3/16/13 5:50 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
HolyHackZack
351 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy hack crap! This year I won a beard growing contest, a blue on the UG and then... the thing with the tree... Exciting all the same! I'd like the thank those that helped me get here and, and probably apologize for those whose memories of Spiderman I have exploited. Dark place, you know...

3/16/13 5:38 PM
UGCTT_Song2
710 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttmft Phone Post
3/22/13 2:17 AM
UGCTT_Song2
710 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wsof at thw weekend, any good stories for me? Phone Post
3/22/13 2:34 AM
mma trane
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HolyHackZack - 

Holy hack crap! This year I won a beard growing contest, a blue on the UG and then... the thing with the tree... Exciting all the same! I'd like the thank those that helped me get here and, and probably apologize for those whose memories of Spiderman I have exploited. Dark place, you know...

Congrats!
3/23/13 4:48 AM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Contest is over, and this is one of those 'you had to be there' stories... but I'm in pain and have nothing better to do:

In October of 2009 Anderson Silva was scheduled to come to my hometown (Kamloops, BC). It was all over the radio, he was coming to the Popeye's Supplements store as a promotion for one of his (at the time) sponsors, I believe it was Nutrinox.

I wasn't going to pass up this opportunity, obviously. I showed up there like an hour early, and to my surprise I was nowhere near early enough. The line was massive... massive for Kamloops anyway. Anyhow, two and a half hours later... we're all still outside. Popeye's actually started handing out free gift cards to Subway next door as an apology for the wait. Another hour rolls by, and still no sign of Anderson.

The head of security that they had hired for the event came out and made an announcement, "Canadian Customs didn't let Anderson cross the border." The crowd was too damn cold to be angry, and slowly but silently the crowd began to disperse. The guy yells out, "Wait! I have some good news! We have a surprise guest! Get back in line if you wanna come inside and meet... KENNY FLORIAN!!"

Kenny's always been one of my favourite lightweights, so I was stoked! Not to mention the fact that he was coming off a dominant win over Joe Daddy and was scheduled to face BJ Penn. Unfortunately, I was the only one who felt that way. I'm not exaggerating when I say that 90% of this crowd just turned and walked away lol. The security guy was trying to convince them to stay, he even said "Did any of you even WATCH his last fight against Joe Stevenson?!" I burst out laughing, actually... there's just something hilarious about seeing a few hundred people collectively snub someone.

I went in, and got a picture with Kenny and got to chat a bit with him since I was the very last person he talked to. At the time I was going to school, so I worked as a lowly ramp attendant at the Kamloops Airport. My shift started directly after I finished meeting Kenny so I hightailed it to the airport. I'm standing outside the plane taking people's skycheck bags. I grab hold of this passenger's bag, lo and behold it's fucking Kenny Florian, looking less than enthused about still being stuck in my city after all of that. He keeps hold of the bag for a second, looks me right in the eye and says, "Uhhh, strange..." and he boarded the plane.

I assume that was because he recognized me, clearly my city made a great impression on Mr. Florian lol.
3/23/13 12:07 PM
UGCTT_Song2

RileyPust - Contest is over, and this is one of those 'you had to be there' stories... but I'm in pain and have nothing better to do:

In October of 2009 Anderson Silva was scheduled to come to my hometown (Kamloops, BC). It was all over the radio, he was coming to the Popeye's Supplements store as a promotion for one of his (at the time) sponsors, I believe it was Nutrinox.

I wasn't going to pass up this opportunity, obviously. I showed up there like an hour early, and to my surprise I was nowhere near early enough. The line was massive... massive for Kamloops anyway. Anyhow, two and a half hours later... we're all still outside. Popeye's actually started handing out free gift cards to Subway next door as an apology for the wait. Another hour rolls by, and still no sign of Anderson.

The head of security that they had hired for the event came out and made an announcement, "Canadian Customs didn't let Anderson cross the border." The crowd was too damn cold to be angry, and slowly but silently the crowd began to disperse. The guy yells out, "Wait! I have some good news! We have a surprise guest! Get back in line if you wanna come inside and meet... KENNY FLORIAN!!"

Kenny's always been one of my favourite lightweights, so I was stoked! Not to mention the fact that he was coming off a dominant win over Joe Daddy and was scheduled to face BJ Penn. Unfortunately, I was the only one who felt that way. I'm not exaggerating when I say that 90% of this crowd just turned and walked away lol. The security guy was trying to convince them to stay, he even said "Did any of you even WATCH his last fight against Joe Stevenson?!" I burst out laughing, actually... there's just something hilarious about seeing a few hundred people collectively snub someone.

I went in, and got a picture with Kenny and got to chat a bit with him since I was the very last person he talked to. At the time I was going to school, so I worked as a lowly ramp attendant at the Kamloops Airport. My shift started directly after I finished meeting Kenny so I hightailed it to the airport. I'm standing outside the plane taking people's skycheck bags. I grab hold of this passenger's bag, lo and behold it's fucking Kenny Florian, looking less than enthused about still being stuck in my city after all of that. He keeps hold of the bag for a second, looks me right in the eye and says, "Uhhh, strange..." and he boarded the plane.

I assume that was because he recognized me, clearly my city made a great impression on Mr. Florian lol.
Its not over, ive ran out of money though for now.

Thanks for sharing, I wonder if kenny still lurks here? Phone Post
3/23/13 12:44 PM
RomeOne87
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ok ....... my story or tail isnt funny but pissed me the fuck off. ......

anyways my god brother was training to go pro but is boxing skills were shitty and the school he was going to wasn't giving him alot of one on one time.. i had fought amature back in my day never went pro but i can throw some hands .. well he came to me and asked me to help train him you know sparing mitt work what not so i did .. we went on for a about a year together... he kept winning fights finally went pro and on his pro debut when he won his pro debut that muther fucker never gave me credit for all the work and time i put in! with him !!!! he went off and gave his thank you's and literally said thanks to my boxing coach from so and so mma school blah blah blah "" i was like oh damn cant even give me a fucken shout out huh ok cool fuck you motherfucker...

just a little credit wouldve been ok idk i may be over reacting but fuck i put in alot of time with that piece of shit and he left me hangen and gave my credit to his school in which i know for a fact they rarely ever worked on his stand u!!! dirty shit

...........life..............
3/23/13 1:14 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No problem. For the record, Anderson ended up rescheduling and he made it into town a week or two after. I was working, so I didn't get to go see him, but I did also work his flight. The funniest part is that the desk agent who was dealing with him started talking all this shit about him after he went through baggage screening. "That guy's a jerk! He has to get his security guard to do all the talking for him! If he such a big tough fighter why does he even NEED security?! Blah blah blah."

I let her finish, and absolutely reveled in the look on her face when I simply said, "That's his translator, he's from Brazil and only speaks Portuguese."

And if Kenny does still lurk, I apologize on behalf of my stupid hometown. Kenny Florian has the biggest balls of any fighter, I swear to God. I highly doubt anyone else would be brave enough to rep the Boston Bruins in Vancouver during the final round of the Stanley Cup playoffs like he did when he fought Diego Nunes. Fuck Boston, but mad respect to Kenny.
3/23/13 1:23 PM
RomeOne87
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RileyPust - No problem. For the record, Anderson ended up rescheduling and he made it into town a week or two after. I was working, so I didn't get to go see him, but I did also work his flight. The funniest part is that the desk agent who was dealing with him started talking all this shit about him after he went through baggage screening. "That guy's a jerk! He has to get his security guard to do all the talking for him! If he such a big tough fighter why does he even NEED security?! Blah blah blah."

I let her finish, and absolutely reveled in the look on her face when I simply said, "That's his translator, he's from Brazil and only speaks Portuguese."

And if Kenny does still lurk, I apologize on behalf of my stupid hometown. Kenny Florian has the biggest balls of any fighter, I swear to God. I highly doubt anyone else would be brave enough to rep the Boston Bruins in Vancouver during the final round of the Stanley Cup playoffs like he did when he fought Diego Nunes. Fuck Boston, but mad respect to Kenny.

im from boston ... come you cant say fuck boston dana whites from south boston bro !! its not a bad city just alot of folks are kept to themselves not noise in everyones shit..... its a as good of city as any!!!!! and new england is where it all started cant hate on that!
3/23/13 1:36 PM
RileyPust

^^ Sorry, by "fuck Boston" I meant fuck the Bruins. As a diehard hockey fan, it's hard to separate the two lol. Even the Canucks starting goalie, Corey Schneider, is from Boston. I like a lot of Bostonian athletes, I'm just bitter as fuck about you guys taking our Stanley Cup lol. Don't mind me.
3/24/13 3:07 AM
RomeOne87

RileyPust - ^^ Sorry, by "fuck Boston" I meant fuck the Bruins. As a diehard hockey fan, it's hard to separate the two lol. Even the Canucks starting goalie, Corey Schneider, is from Boston. I like a lot of Bostonian athletes, I'm just bitter as fuck about you guys taking our Stanley Cup lol. Don't mind me.
Ohhhhhhhhh. LoL. Ok i can respect that!!!!! Phone Post
4/4/13 12:02 AM
UGCTT_Song2

BAH GAWD

I THINK I MIGHT GET PAID TOMORROW.!

TTT Phone Post
4/4/13 12:33 AM
canofsticks
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/04/13 12:33 AM
I was at a Joe Rogan standup show in Houston last year when UFC was in town. Afterwards I went and met Gilbert Melendez who was there. Then went and chatted with Rogan and Joey Diaz. Then took pictures with Doug Benson and brandon walsh. Jake Shields was there but he was being gay and just power walked into the restaurant next door ignoring me.

I left the theater pretty happy and turned the corner and see Gil and Nate Diaz on a side street putting two big titted ladies into a taxi. I hadn't even known Nate was at the show so I was pretty psyched.

I said "Hey Nate" as I was hoping to get a picture. He gave me a look. I shut the fuck up and kept walking and he and Gil got into the taxi and drove off. Big titted bitches. much hespect Nate. No hard feelings here.
4/4/13 1:21 AM
HolyHackZack
351 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/04/13 1:30 AM

I know the look you are talking about. I was looking for the entrance to UFC on Fox 5 pre-fight presser, walking outside around the arena. I turned around a corner and saw Nate, Richard Perez and Cesar Gracie talking in a small circle. My first reaction was 'Nate!' but the look was something like 'Just keep walking boy...' And I did just that.

EDIT: After the fight Nate stayed to talk to fans with his eye completly swollen shut when he probably should have been seeing a doctor or  laid up smoking some legal weed. Don't want to give the impression Nate is a dick, just a time and place for everything.

UGCTT_Song2 is for real. Dude gets a vote up everytime I see him.

4/4/13 1:32 AM
UGCTT_SidRival
439 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Already blue but wouldn't be upset to have it extended  also wouldn't be upset for a deserving mud to join our ranks. Anyways..

A couple years ago Shane Carwin came to town for an autograph signing so my lil sister and I went out to meet him. The place was rightfully packed and the line was very long but I was more than willing to wait. We waited in line for like 2 hours and were almost to the table and the staff comes up and cuts the line off right in front of us and tells us Shane has to leave. I was extreme disappoint.. 

Flash forward to a few months ago, I'm on teh UG and I see a thread talking about how Shane always sticks around to "sign every autograph and take every picture." I felt because of my experience this was not true and posted such in the thread. Then I get a PM. I check it and it's Shane. He asked when and where this happened so I told him an he explained that the police had shut them down due to capacity issues and he was already running late to catch his plane. He apologized and asked me for my address. A few weeks later I received a personalized autographed 8x10 and some Carwin Army decals in the mail. I was really impressed by Shane for going the extra mile. He may not always be able to stay for "every picture and every autograph" due to circumstance but he will definitely go out of his way to make it right if u reach out to him. Shane is a true ambassador of the sport and we are extremely lucky to have him around on the UG with all the knuckle heads like us. 

4/4/13 1:46 AM
HolyHackZack

When I was in high school I was living in this crappy cowboy town called Prineville, OR. We had a local event there called Desert Brawl and unnamed UFC fighter was supposed to be making an appearence. I ended up staying home that night and my step-mother was working the night shift at 7-11. She woke me up in the middle of the night and said a bunch of black guys and a ginger kid from Portland had came into the store all amped up like they had just been in a fight. Evidently the local cowboys thought it would be a good idea to pick a fight with the 'city boys' and all promptly got laid out. Next day I found out the special appearence was by Ed Herman and Team Quest.

4/4/13 12:26 PM
UGCTT_SidRival
439 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT 

4/4/13 12:30 PM
UGCTT_Song2

I remember your story sid. Thats cool of shane. Phone Post
4/12/13 8:03 PM
UGCTT_Song2

Talk to me! Phone Post
4/15/13 2:32 PM
BushidoAristotle
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You would think more people would be taking advantage of this great opportunity provided by UGCTT_Song2. Share your stories, my friends.
4/15/13 3:41 PM
WickedWyatt234
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well I did an unregulated underground fight I trained super hard and when I got there, the guy said fuck it and just walked out of the cage.. Phone Post 3.0
4/15/13 4:09 PM
RickStorm
1620 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/15/13 4:09 PM
Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Forum Admin
WickedWyatt234 - Well I did an unregulated underground fight I trained super hard and when I got there, the guy said fuck it and just walked out of the cage.. Phone Post 3.0

I got my 1st pro kickboxing fight that way....

1980 at West High School gym in Bakersfield CA I was getting $10.00 to be the kickcounter for the fights. About 3 hours before the cruiserweight fight the promoter who was also my Sensei told me to run home and get my gi pants, cup & mouth peice to fight because the guy who was supposed to fight just said fuck it and left.

I rode home got my equipment, rode back to gym, weighed in, and fought for $40.00. I won by tko in 2nd round. In front of about 200-250 people and for the next 24 hours, I was a fucking rock star!! Plus I made $50.00 lol

4/15/13 4:13 PM
Bossk
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

just sharing to share

A couple years ago we went to WEC 47 which was the same weekend as the Arnolds Classic, so we went there to pass time before the fights and we're standing in like to meet a couple WEC and UFC fighters and out of nowhere Pat Barry walks right past us (this was right after his fight with Hardonk) but I just say "hey Pat." and he just turns around and just hugs me, damn near taking me down(I know silly to think of Pat Barry getting a takedown). So he sat there and talked to my friends and I for like 20 minutes while we waited in line and I asked him about how he felt about his fight with Cro Cop, and he just kept talking about how he was scared as fuck but  fast forward to the event, I ran into him again while talking to some other fans and he actually recognized me which was pretty cool. Ever since then he has been one of my favorite fighters and I will forever root for him.

4/15/13 4:19 PM
WickedWyatt234
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RickStorm -
WickedWyatt234 - Well I did an unregulated underground fight I trained super hard and when I got there, the guy said fuck it and just walked out of the cage.. Phone Post 3.0

I got my 1st pro kickboxing fight that way....

1980 at West High School gym in Bakersfield CA I was getting $10.00 to be the kickcounter for the fights. About 3 hours before the cruiserweight fight the promoter who was also my Sensei told me to run home and get my gi pants, cup & mouth peice to fight because the guy who was supposed to fight just said fuck it and left.

I rode home got my equipment, rode back to gym, weighed in, and fought for $40.00. I won by tko in 2nd round. In front of about 200-250 people and for the next 24 hours, I was a fucking rock star!! Plus I made $50.00 lol

Well damn I wish that happened to me I just got told to go home Phone Post 3.0
4/15/13 11:40 PM
UGCTT_Song2

Ttt cool stories bro

Seriously I love this stuff.

I might tell you my story about randy one these days Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.