UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> BJJ Kumite is a joke

2/1/13 11:36 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PTM2020
1426 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^my opinion is that your sarcasm detecter is poo poo.

2/1/13 11:37 PM
PTM2020
1426 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wait?  did i just get re-trolled or was he serious?

2/1/13 11:37 PM
PTM2020

GrahamJ - 
PTM2020 - 

Lloyd took full advantage of those poor helpless Brownbelts.

Limp: taking advantage of somebody...?
Guess 20-odd years hasn't changed the man.

heh

2/2/13 1:36 AM
CompanyBlue
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rgbjj - You all sound like conspiracy theory people. None of the matches were fixed. They got paid for money moves, no matter how many they did. No one would want to quit a match on purpose because they are trying to be the winner in gi or no-gi. Who would want to spend all that money to do the tournament and then fake submissions or give up matches? You guys are all totally wrong. The matches you are seeing are exactly how they were and I know this for a fact. Just talk to one of the guys that were there. The only thing they didn't know is that they would all be fighting eachother. They thought it was like a regular tournament and if they lost then they were done. They had about a month to prepare, some shorter. All the guys have won lots of medals. You needed to submit a resume. Just watch and enjoy it and stop trying to make it something it's not. Or if you don't enjoy it, then don't watch. All I know is these guys put their heart and soul into it and everyone wanted to win.

You are only adding to my point and a reason why I started is thread. Nobody knew they were doing that matches they thought it was a regular format, Sean Roberts said he was I e of the first to enter so 1 month out he had more prep than anybody else oTher than Keenan and he figured a max of 8 matches but was wrong when he learned he had to do 22 matches.

Like you said they didn't know they had to face everybody. How is it acceptable to pull that major detail out last minute? Also since you had to go against each guy twice, there is no question guys tapped out in matches to save energy for more matches that were coming. If You get smoked by someone and have to go again, it wouldn't be a bad strategy to lose to the guy you don't think you can beat to get a better chance with the other guys. Did you watch The matches, it seems like being worn out is the biggest obstacle guys are facing and they are all bitching and crying about by day 2. Watch the matches, guys have already thrown fights no question.
2/2/13 12:02 PM
krept
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did I hallucinate Lloyds commets regarding guys (2? 4?) deciding who would end the match with a money move?

If not, whether or not its a "fix" is just a matter of semantics. That said, the remainder of the matches are great, the production is of high quality and I find it enjoyable.

To me there shouldn't be a conflict when it comes to appreciating an event even though you may not like the slant or marketing (I do not) or the organizer, the actions of an individual or a few, etc. Phone Post
2/2/13 12:38 PM
trianglinho
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Listen to Sean Roberts' interview on open mat radio. He says it was one of the best experiences ever.
2/2/13 5:24 PM
Matthieu Battle
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lloyd is for sure a turd, but the kumite is one of the best things to have hit bjj in years. and everyone here was saying the same thing until rapegate hit.

now limp is still a douche and the kumite is still awesome. especially since it seems to be replicating with other groups. there were some amazing matches in that shoyoroll rumble, too.
2/2/13 7:01 PM
BandakaKush
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/02/13 7:01 PM
Not a fan of watching edited fights. It makes it harder to follow the storylines. It was still entertaining though.
2/3/13 2:39 AM
Eazy08
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If u can't handle competition don't compete

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.