UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> We're at the point where we can start eliminating

1/26/13 9:45 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
mygodthisMMA
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the higher weight classes in P4P talks, much like boxing has over the last 40 years.

The 125-170 classes in MMA are the 122-160 in boxing.

In combat sports the lighter weights have always been the more skilled and entertaining. The top 10 in these weight classes are almost all P4P more skilled than the Top 3 in any weight class above 170.

1/26/13 9:46 PM
Bill Pharoni
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can of worms has been opened.
1/26/13 9:46 PM
32Hunter
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/26/13 9:49 PM
mygodthisMMA - 

the higher weight classes in P4P talks, much like boxing has over the last 40 years.

The 125-170 classes in MMA are the 122-160 in boxing.

In combat sports the lighter weights have always been the more skilled and entertaining. The top 10 in these weight classes are almost all P4P more skilled than the Top 3 in any weight class above 170.

yeah except for the top 2 guys in the sport.

actually now that I read it thoroughly , good points (I keep thinking of the ww's to refute your point, but you included them to support your arguement)
1/26/13 9:47 PM
Odinson
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in his prime fedor would have beaten both of these guys at once. p4p dont mean shit.
1/26/13 9:48 PM
mygodthisMMA
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bill Pharoni - Can of worms has been opened.

it's not really a can of worms. it's progression. lighter fighters don't rely as much on one punch power, or physically dominating their opponent so their movements are quicker, and more refined. so in a theoretical P4P argument they are regarded as the better fighters.

if you've followed combat sports this has always been the case. MMA is just hitting that point because of it's recent showcases of the lighter weight classes.

1/26/13 9:52 PM
ajc1984
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

p4p is for little guys anyway, it's a way to make them feel better about the fact that in a real fight they'd die if they shared a ring/cage with the heavyweights.
1/26/13 9:54 PM
mygodthisMMA

ajc1984 - p4p is for little guys anyway, it's a way to make them feel better about the fact that in a real fight they'd die if they shared a ring/cage with the heavyweights.

God I hate internet MMA discussion anymore.

1/26/13 10:14 PM
mygodthisMMA

So, tell me DJ isn't top 5 P4P? I'm sorry but these lights used to have Kid Yamamoto, Urijah Faber, Tito Ortiz, Gomi, Liddell, Rampage, Wanderlei, Nogueira etc. at the top of the lists.

Most get eaten alive by DJ and a lot of the 125-145 top fighters P4P. Skill, technique wise. Not hype, drama, and showcased fights wise.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.