UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Promotional Suicide

1/26/13 10:49 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
mikerobmma
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/26/13 10:52 PM

See more on Know Your Meme
1/26/13 11:03 PM
NomadWoodsman
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Arachnoid - Why would you EVER put on a 125lb main event when you are on a channel as big as FOX?

It's beyond ridiculous.

No one wants to watch the lollipop guild fight for a "World Championship". No one that weighs less than most women should ever be called a "World Champion".
Your brain is fuckin' stupid. Phone Post
1/26/13 11:04 PM
D241
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was 125 pounds once. When I was in 6th grade

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Average_weight_of_a_6th_grade_boy

1/26/13 11:05 PM
NomadWoodsman
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wally Saves - Phone Post
Not cool to post pics of OP without permission. Phone Post
1/26/13 11:15 PM
Chaz Johnson
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I guess people are waiting for forest vs Bonnar 1 style fight again can you imagine had that been frye vs yakayama on fox people would be talking about it for weeks at the water cooler Phone Post
1/26/13 11:27 PM
D241
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The other difference between Forrest/Bonnar and Frye/Takyama besides technique, is that they were actually big guys.

Although Forrest and Bonnar and Frye and Takayama were 125lbs as well, they were that weight in the 5th grade.

If you can watch skilled bigger guys, which UFC obviously has, why watch the lighter less powerful guys with skills?

If you took the toughest 7th graders in the world, I'd like to watch him vs Dodson, just as a freakshow match, but that's about it.

1/26/13 11:28 PM
RickStorm
1826 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
yellow c0ckahlc - 
RickStorm - 

Appears OP was froze from vote downs =)

You did it, didn't you, you sick son of a bitch.

Nope... The powers of the UG did

1/26/13 11:31 PM
MeGusta

JUST BLEED!
1/26/13 11:40 PM
88samurai88
257 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Idiots like this are an insult to real mma fans..just because you want to unzip and jerk off to overeem and struve doesnt mean that these 2 guys didnt put on a show and use alot of technique. The little guys put on a show! Phone Post
1/26/13 11:44 PM
D241

Internettufguy -  And both could beat the shit out of the OP. Literally, like beat him to the point that he shits himself. Phone Post

If the OP was in middle school, he'd still be bigger than the flyweights. Does that make your point any better?

1/26/13 11:45 PM
Vulva Fabulous
833 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

xCYBERDYNEx - Phone Post
I have to quote this so when I'm on my laptop, I can save it for later use. This is fucking brilliant! Phone Post
1/26/13 11:47 PM
D241

It's hard to keep up with mma sometimes.

So many new fans came on board so late in the game. UFC was established to discover ONE thing. Who is the toughest mother fucker of the toughest mother fuckers. It is, the ULTIMATE, fighting Championship.

Nowadays, it's a league, and I wouldn't call it ultimate.  The fights may exhibit technique, there may be a belt on the line, but  the "ULTIMATE" of fighting, I think not.

1/26/13 11:47 PM
LardArseScaretyCat

So your point is the heavier the better?! You should be into sumo, not MMA...
1/26/13 11:52 PM
D241

LardArseScaretyCat - So your point is the heavier the better?! You should be into sumo, not MMA...

No. I'd like for the best to face the best.

As great as Anderson Silva is, he's not the baddest mother fucker in the world. There's at least one lhw who I think is badder, and there are several heavyweights who I think is badder. Ain't no way in hell the 125lbs can even hang with the lowest of middleweights, let alone the best of the best.

These guys are 5'6 125lbs. That's a tall 6th grader. "Ultimate fighting championships", that just doesn't seem accurate to me. Sorry if you disagree with my take.

1/26/13 11:57 PM
LardArseScaretyCat

Well, it's a matter to tune in when you have heavyweights on, a don't watch the rest then.
Honestly, I prefer to watch Johnson v Dodson any day than the heavyweight fight on the undercard, even if it was interesting and that both the heavyweights could kill the flyweights in a second if they could catch them. If you're in it for the techniques and how sound each fighter is in a FAIR fight, you have to consider weight divisions... You'd miss Showtime's performance though...
1/27/13 12:04 AM
unfilter
240 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

D241 - 
LardArseScaretyCat - So your point is the heavier the better?! You should be into sumo, not MMA...

No. I'd like for the best to face the best.

As great as Anderson Silva is, he's not the baddest mother fucker in the world. There's at least one lhw who I think is badder, and there are several heavyweights who I think is badder. Ain't no way in hell the 125lbs can even hang with the lowest of middleweights, let alone the best of the best.

These guys are 5'6 125lbs. That's a tall 6th grader. "Ultimate fighting championships", that just doesn't seem accurate to me. Sorry if you disagree with my take.

i don't get your point man, the best did fight the best...at 125 pounds. 

5'6" is right about the average male height, globally speaking; that being said, these guys were not 5'6.  I think dodson was listed at 5'3.

would you say that you can't enjoy a silva fight because there are bigger guys that can beat him?

That  he's irrelevant because he's not the "biggest of the best of the best?"

you don't enjoy the fights, that's your prerogative, as bobby brown might say but i think it's unfair to not give them credit for being the 'best of the best.'

1/27/13 12:09 AM
Wicked smahtMF

OP is full of shit
1/27/13 12:14 AM
Vinnie G
212 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AyyAnt - Awesome fight. Eat shit OP Phone Post
This here. Phone Post
1/27/13 12:20 AM
orcus

D241 - 

The other difference between Forrest/Bonnar and Frye/Takyama besides technique, is that they were actually big guys.

Although Forrest and Bonnar and Frye and Takayama were 125lbs as well, they were that weight in the 5th grade.

If you can watch skilled bigger guys, which UFC obviously has, why watch the lighter less powerful guys with skills?

If you took the toughest 7th graders in the world, I'd like to watch him vs Dodson, just as a freakshow match, but that's about it.

So what you're saying is you have no interest in anything but heavyweight fights?

What a fan of MMA. You prefer watching the guys with not just less speed and endurance, but less skill and technique.

"why watch the lighter less powerful guys with skills?"

Because they put on better fights, that's why. Why watch Rampage and Glove wheezing and getting slower and slower with nothing really close to a finish when I can watch Dodson and MM go 25 minutes at incredible speed, keeping up clean technique to the end, coming as close or closer to a finish on multiple occasions?

There has never been a HW, or probably even LHW, fight that compares with something like Pettis/Henderson, Melendez/Thomson II, Huerta/Guida, Lawler/Riley, Edgar/Maynard II or III, or many other fights in the lower weight classes.

1/27/13 12:20 AM
TDogg926

Chagrin - Because it was an awesome fight?
This Phone Post
1/27/13 12:23 AM
D241

quotes that aren't complete can be taken out of context.

The FULL quote was why watch the lighter less powerful guys with skills when you can watch bigger more powerful guys with skills.

1/27/13 12:29 AM
unfilter
240 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

D241 - 

The FULL quote was why watch the lighter less powerful guys with skills when you can watch bigger more powerful guys with skills.

but...

can't i watch all the guys with skills? :D

1/27/13 12:31 AM
FreakDaddy
149 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Op is making his fellow 1'ers feel ashamed.....
1/27/13 12:34 AM
D241

unfilter - 
D241 - 

but...

can't i watch all the guys with skills? :D

unfilter-Of course you can good buddy!!

This seems to be a topic that has mma fans split.

Very similar to watching women fight. I assume you're cool with that?

I'm cool watching women fight, i'm looking forward to seeing Rhonda fight, however I'm hoping that this leads to finding out in the future, who the baddest woman in the world is, and I don't think she'll be at 135 or 145.

I don't blame ANYONE for enjoying fights at 125. It's just not for me. 

MMA has grown so much, and the UFC has as well. UFC has the clear cut best stable of the best fighters, and what do they do? separate them with weight classes and don't do tournaments, instead they give random title shots. 

There's tons of smaller guys who can kick my ass, but what I want to know, is who is the bad mother fucker who can kick the shit out of the big guys who can kick ass.

1/27/13 1:06 AM
Dana Stern

My Dad and I watched the fights together and he has watched maybe 4 MMA Cards in his whole life. He has never seen a flyweight fight and thought DJ vs Dodson was the best fight of the night. My opinion on Mighty Mouse has been a bit back and fourth as well but he won me over tonight. Dodson drives freakn insane but he's fun as hell to watch. Creepy, Beneviedez, there's some tough, exciting dudes in that devision. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.