UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Promotional Suicide

1/27/13 12:31 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
FreakDaddy
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Op is making his fellow 1'ers feel ashamed.....
1/27/13 12:34 AM
D241
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

unfilter - 
D241 - 

quotes that aren't complete can be taken out of context.

The FULL quote was why watch the lighter less powerful guys with skills when you can watch bigger more powerful guys with skills.

but...

can't i watch all the guys with skills? :D

unfilter-Of course you can good buddy!!

This seems to be a topic that has mma fans split.

Very similar to watching women fight. I assume you're cool with that?

I'm cool watching women fight, i'm looking forward to seeing Rhonda fight, however I'm hoping that this leads to finding out in the future, who the baddest woman in the world is, and I don't think she'll be at 135 or 145.

I don't blame ANYONE for enjoying fights at 125. It's just not for me. 

MMA has grown so much, and the UFC has as well. UFC has the clear cut best stable of the best fighters, and what do they do? separate them with weight classes and don't do tournaments, instead they give random title shots. 

There's tons of smaller guys who can kick my ass, but what I want to know, is who is the bad mother fucker who can kick the shit out of the big guys who can kick ass.

1/27/13 1:06 AM
Dana Stern

My Dad and I watched the fights together and he has watched maybe 4 MMA Cards in his whole life. He has never seen a flyweight fight and thought DJ vs Dodson was the best fight of the night. My opinion on Mighty Mouse has been a bit back and fourth as well but he won me over tonight. Dodson drives freakn insane but he's fun as hell to watch. Creepy, Beneviedez, there's some tough, exciting dudes in that devision. Phone Post
1/27/13 1:09 AM
Jaybrone
270 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/27/13 1:13 AM

This doesn't seem to be going well for the OP.

1/27/13 1:52 PM
CLINTK9

Deuce77 - The average television spectator cannot tell how big or small these guys are.

disagree!

watched with a group of people, a couple new fans. and one of the new ones almost immediatly asked if these guys were midgets.

most got bored during main event, were standing around talking instead. one of the semi hardcore fans said to everyone during 2nd round, dont worry it'll go like this for the full 5 rounds. and when it did, everyone laughed that he was DEAD on!

1/28/13 4:26 AM
Arachnoid

Yep, they are just too small...no one cares other than the 90 people on this thread. Granted, 90 is a small number when compared to the millions of people that had access to the fight.
1/28/13 5:18 AM
Motivated Penn
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LardArseScaretyCat - So your point is the heavier the better?! You should be into sumo, not MMA...

I bet you thought you were a genius when you wrote that.

Problem is, somebody did the statistics on fight finishes pr weight class, and found a strong and steady drop from heavyweight and down. At 125 you will see the least amount of finishes of any weight class, by far.

These guys are simply unable to hurt each other.

People want to see fights end with a clear victor, not arbitrarily chosen by three judges who probably got bored half-way through the fight themselves.

Is this so difficult to understand?
1/28/13 5:23 AM
mijo

Arachnoid - Why would you EVER put on a 125lb main event when you are on a channel as big as FOX?

It's beyond ridiculous.

No one wants to watch the lollipop guild fight for a "World Championship". No one that weighs less than most women should ever be called a "World Champion".
Exactly right Phone Post
1/28/13 1:02 PM
Archer0545

jvwand - You're a fucking idiot.
This! Phone Post
1/28/13 2:17 PM
Mike F
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Johnson/Dodson was a great fight.

For me, I was looking forward to Pettis/Cerrone and Rampage/Glover more than the main event. Pettis had some impressive moments in his dominant win and Rampage/Glover produced a few exciting moments as well, but the main event was easily the best fight of the night. I'll be looking forward to watching either guy fight again.

I don't really care about the finishing stats of a whole division. Welterweights probably have a higher finishing percentage and the division champion is a decision machine. Boring is boring, exciting is exciting, and I'd take any two flyweights over having to watch Clay Guida.
1/29/13 3:42 PM
DamnSevern
1185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

@MMASupremacy: UFC on FOX 6 drew 4.2M viewers with peak of 5.2M. UFC on FOX 5 drew 4.4M viewers with peak of 5.7M #mma #ufc #fox #ratings

Apparently viewership peaked during the main event. Good news for the flyweights! Phone Post

1/29/13 4:03 PM
torquemada
245 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sockeye -

This. Phone Post
1/29/13 4:21 PM
MattyECB
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Johnny Ringo - OP received my first ever VTFD.

Wow, that VTFD travelled 12 years and was waiting for just the right asshole to land on. Really, I'm just impressed at your patience. You get a VTFU for not being a shit slinger
1/29/13 4:25 PM
MattyECB
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

D241 - 
LardArseScaretyCat - So your point is the heavier the better?! You should be into sumo, not MMA...

No. I'd like for the best to face the best.

As great as Anderson Silva is, he's not the baddest mother fucker in the world. There's at least one lhw who I think is badder, and there are several heavyweights who I think is badder. Ain't no way in hell the 125lbs can even hang with the lowest of middleweights, let alone the best of the best.

These guys are 5'6 125lbs. That's a tall 6th grader. "Ultimate fighting championships", that just doesn't seem accurate to me. Sorry if you disagree with my take.

I find the fact that these people look like keebler elves, yet could dismantle my jaw without even breaking a sweat even cooler

I also value things like speed, technique and stamina alot, in fact way more than strength when it comes to lower tier fighters at least. TUF with HWs was the most godawful thing I've seen in my life lol,
You get much larger gas tanks, speed and most uniquely, crazy-assed acrobatic subs you'll never see at higher weight classes. Could you imagine a HW pulling of the showtime kick or a flying-sub of any kind?

I mean, that's why weight classes exist, so you can see the best even if they're not the biggest. We'd never have experienced Aldo's or AS' or GSP's brilliance without weight classes. Look at boxing, easily the best p4p fighter ever was Robinson, and most of my favorite trilogies aren't even in the top weight class

Agree to disagree is more than fair in terms of which weightclasses you prefer, but if you thought that main event was shit, you're not a fan imo
1/29/13 4:28 PM
MattyECB

D241 - 

quotes that aren't complete can be taken out of context.

The FULL quote was why watch the lighter less powerful guys with skills when you can watch bigger more powerful guys with skills.

It's funny, the reason p4p was started was because of the idea that lower weight classes will always be the more technical and more skilled.

Personally, as long as weight is matched I couldn't give a fuck. So if the most skilled are lower weight classes, than I'm currently a bigger fan of the lower weights.
1/29/13 4:29 PM
MattyECB

^^ Not to mention, although you can debate skill / enjoyment aspects. It's a fact that the lower you go, you substitute power and size for speed and cardio.

SO again, just falls to a matter of preference
1/29/13 4:53 PM
D241

Guys in the UFC who are smaller than you may be able to break your jaw or arm, but the same could be said for guys in the UFC who are bigger than you, and it'd be worse.

No need to explain the advantages and disadvantages of bigger and smaller guys regarding speed/cardio/power, etc.

But technique isn't just reserved for the smaller guys, and if you think heavyweights are just power, I'd say you're not a fan.

I watch fighting for a purpose.  The purpose isn't just for enjoyment, it's to see who the better man is. More times than not, lighter weight class fights go to decision, many times the fight is too close to have a clear winner. Heavyweight fights don't tend to last as long and controversial decisions are very rare in the division.

1/29/13 4:55 PM
parrishmma
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Arachnoid - Why would you EVER put on a 125lb main event when you are on a channel as big as FOX?

It's beyond ridiculous.

No one wants to watch the lollipop guild fight for a "World Championship". No one that weighs less than most women should ever be called a "World Champion".

Didnt read anything but this post... you got a vote up my friend... not because i agree with you, but because it was funny as crap to me... Lollipop Guild...hahaahaha
1/29/13 5:00 PM
D241

MattyECB - 
 Could you imagine a HW pulling of the showtime kick or a flying-sub of any kind?

To answer this question, YES.

Continue your rant on how lighter weight guys can do things bigger guys cant.
1/29/13 5:06 PM
D241

SuperHeavyweight.

What's sad but more than likely true, is that ^^that guy^^ isn't nearly as good as flyweights are, however he'd kick the shit out of anyone of them.

1/29/13 5:10 PM
DamnSevern
1185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

D, I'm disappoint son

1/29/13 5:16 PM
D241

Sorry. I'll always be honest though instead of just saying what the majority thinks.

I don't blame anyone for enjoying the smaller guys, I simply state it's not for me and give my reasons. It's like ignorance is bliss type of thing. If 5'2 125lb guys who are the same size as the average 6th grade boy(http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Average_weight_of_a_6th_grade_boy) entertain you, than be entertained. I WISH I could be entertained by the smaller guys, trust me. Don't think I didn't give them a shot.

1/29/13 8:33 PM
CLINTK9

D241 - 

Sorry. I'll always be honest though instead of just saying what the majority thinks.

I don't blame anyone for enjoying the smaller guys, I simply state it's not for me and give my reasons. It's like ignorance is bliss type of thing. If 5'2 125lb guys who are the same size as the average 6th grade boy(http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Average_weight_of_a_6th_grade_boy) entertain you, than be entertained. I WISH I could be entertained by the smaller guys, trust me. Don't think I didn't give them a shot.

I hear that!

1/30/13 1:14 PM
Mike F
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

D241 - 

SuperHeavyweight.

What's sad but more than likely true, is that ^^that guy^^ isn't nearly as good as flyweights are, however he'd kick the shit out of anyone of them.

That is an insanely ridiculous comment. A guy I train with and have tons of respect for beat the guy in that video. That same guy would get devastated by John Dodson or any other UFC flyweight or potential UFC flyweight.

You are talking about an amateur superheavyweight kicking the
shit out of a UFC caliber anything. That is the new definition of insanity.
1/30/13 2:08 PM
D241

yeah I don't see a flyweight UFC or non taking a trained heavy or super heavy.

But if you think 5'3 125 men can easily dismantle men over 6' tall and over 200lbs, keep on smoking what you're smoking, it must be pretty good.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.