UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Can fighters get glass bodies?

1/27/13 2:05 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Taz Styles
2570 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just watch Pettis vs Cerrone again and it got me thinking can a fighter have/get a glass body?

It might just be a coincidence but Cerrone said that Guilard hurt him badly with a shot to the body in his last fight.
Tito was stopped twice in a row by body shots.

I don't mean any disrespect by this!
1/27/13 2:07 AM
shaqitup
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Probably fairly strong correlation with muscle mass.

1/27/13 2:09 AM
madvillain11
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what makes a brain shutoff quicker overtime prolly wont effect the body. but if there were past broken ribs and things it might work like that
1/27/13 2:10 AM
Brian J DSouza

Its a good question.

1/27/13 2:26 AM
Brian McLaughlin
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Definitely happens with fighter's hands - once they break they are never quite the same.  Look at guys like Dominic Cruz or Jamie Varner, they bust their hands up every fight

1/27/13 2:34 AM
Taz Styles
2570 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brian McLaughlin - 

Definitely happens with fighter's hands - once they break they are never quite the same.  Look at guys like Dominic Cruz or Jamie Varner, they bust their hands up every fight

And Faber.
1/27/13 2:38 AM
Taz Styles

DoomFarmer -  Tito against Rashad and Lil Nog comes to mind. Phone Post

Those are the fights i meant in the first post. up until that point Tito hardly ever got stopped and then he gets stopped twice by body shots.
1/27/13 2:55 AM
Non N00B
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Taz Styles - 
DoomFarmer -  Tito against Rashad and Lil Nog comes to mind. Phone Post

Those are the fights i meant in the first post. up until that point Tito hardly ever got stopped and then he gets stopped twice by body shots.

He got squashed by a Machida body shot way before those fights. I think body shots always work well when they hit a fighter in certain places.
1/27/13 3:19 AM
GriffinQ
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wouldn't be surprised if Cerrone's body is falling apart on him in ways that people aren't aware of

The dude takes a healthy amount of abuse in some of his fights, trains constantly, and does extreme sports and dumb(albeit fun) shit all the time. He's talked about falling while rock climbing, he used to be a bull rider, the abuse from falling while wake boarding probably adds up, and I believe he talked about a continual intestinal problem he has now(although I don't remember what caused it).
His toughness has taken him incredibly far in his career when coupled with his abilities... But I really think the dude should take some time away from fighting, training, and extreme sports and just let his body heal. Phone Post
1/27/13 3:40 AM
Captain Epic
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

agreed griffin. cowboy actually says in an interview how at one point i think his horse kicked him in the gut and they had to do surgery of somesort. i forget exactly but i think he does need to slow down. Phone Post
1/27/13 3:49 AM
And Wagners Cut

I actually thought the same thing. Phone Post
1/27/13 3:56 AM
Taz Styles

Can you think of any other fighters who lost or got hurt alot via body shots?
1/27/13 4:08 AM
Mike Adrian
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Liddell said Tito could never take a shot to the body. Coming from amateur boxing my bro (145/135) has never been able to take a good shot to the body whereas me (165/185) ha e always taken a good shot to the body Phone Post
1/27/13 4:14 AM
yellow c0ckahlc

Brian McLaughlin - 

Everytime your sister's animal commercial comes on, I have to change the channel in order to avoid crying.

1/27/13 4:48 AM
Kanye loves fishdicks
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Taz Styles - Can you think of any other fighters who lost or got hurt alot via body shots?
Scott Smith Phone Post
1/27/13 5:20 AM
88samurai88
253 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brian McLaughlin -

This is very true i have had a nagging wrist injury for the past 5-6 years. Phone Post
1/27/13 5:33 AM
Calebcb
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Part of it is that once a fighter gets exposed as not being able to take a shot to a certain area well or his opponent shows the holes in his defense where those shots can be snuck in easily, his following opponents will all target the same area.
1/27/13 6:23 AM
Zero1
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It´s fear and tension that stores up in a body and will make him stiff and vunarable.

As more trauma you get as worse it gets. You can work on a neutral body who is able to widstand more punches but it takes special training.....
1/27/13 6:33 AM
Vitor Me A New One
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Justin Lawrence, the young kid on TUF Live that trains with Anderson Silva, can't take a shot to the body.

Every time his opponent hits him in the body he buckles, Holloway finished him with a shot to the body.

I guess it's just one of those things, some guys can take it, some guys can't. Phone Post
1/27/13 7:14 AM
tenfeethigh
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you get hit clean on the liver with a shin, anybody can get put down. Or a perfectly placed punch. Getting bingoed on a vital organ can drop anyone.

1/27/13 10:06 AM
SKARHEAD
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow c0ckahlc - 
Brian McLaughlin - 

Everytime your sister's animal commercial comes on, I have to change the channel in order to avoid crying.

Seriously man....changes the whole mood of the night whenever that shit comes on...Always catches me off guard too. Has me bawling when I'm trying to act hard in front of my bros or worse my girl...Talk to her about that plz, thanks.
1/27/13 10:08 AM
SKARHEAD
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

john_d1974 - 
Mike Adrian -  Liddell said Tito could never take a shot to the body. Coming from amateur boxing my bro (145/135) has never been able to take a good shot to the body whereas me (165/185) ha e always taken a good shot to the body Phone Post

yeah ok, lol.

You do know that this board is teeming w/ tons of ammy combat athletes right ? Not just TUFer 12er keyboard warriors although there's far too many on here these days.
1/27/13 11:47 AM
tiger07
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I USED to take body shots pretty well, until I broke two ribs last year in a sparring bout.

Almost 12 months on, and I still take a knee now and then, even when hit from the opposite side. Same area hurts.
1/27/13 3:12 PM
BigTedBear
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well I must agree with the post above I broke 2 ribs from a side kick and I just can't take a serious hit in the ribs that shit hurts.

But I'm an old man in my forties. Phone Post
1/27/13 8:02 PM
Julianhj1
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Another prime example of glass body is Brock lesnar after stomach aids he always didn't like getting hit but overeem just crumpled him Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.