UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Can fighters get glass bodies?

1/28/13 5:53 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Calebcb
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Julianhj1 -  Another prime example of glass body is Brock lesnar after stomach aids he always didn't like getting hit but overeem just crumpled him Phone Post

I actually thought he held up rather well and was showing improvement in his ability to absorb strikes without panicking compared to his previous fights. Most fighters crumple after just one clean Uber Knee or body kick. Brock took several before giving in.
1/28/13 5:56 AM
Salokcin69
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Taz Styles -
Brian McLaughlin - 

Definitely happens with fighter's hands - once they break they are never quite the same.  Look at guys like Dominic Cruz or Jamie Varner, they bust their hands up every fight

And Faber.
Any coincidence they're all lower weights? I'd expect the heavier hitters to be breaking their hands more.. Phone Post
1/28/13 5:59 AM
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com
From my experience I would say some guys can take a mean body shot while others just can't. Of course being a tough bastard and in great shape and having rock hard abs help but if you have that "weakness", its hard to get rid off. Like having a glass body indeed.
1/28/13 6:31 AM
spliff
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1/28/13 6:41 AM
hellride
161 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think the body shot is a lost art, so many guys are just head hunting.
1/28/13 7:38 AM
BRUCEYI
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cerrone fights tall with his abs contracted very little. His body is more vulnerable to power shots. Also doesn't help that he's so tall and has a lot of body to hit. Alistair does a good job of protecting his body, for someone relatively tall. He crunches his abs, contracting them a bit to better absorb impact, elbows in Phone Post
1/28/13 7:58 AM
Metafour
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aside from getting hit with a clean body shot Cerrone had an accident which MAY make him have a hard time with body shots. I have posted the link from an article that was written last year.

“I was racing some motocross and I wrecked real bad and just kind of spilled my guts out,” Cerrone said. “They had to take a bunch of my intestines and part of my stomach. What happened this time is, my stomach basically rolled around the intestine. Man, talk about pain. It was like someone was stabbing me. Oh, it was so brutal. I had to go to the ER, and basically they had to empty all of my intestines out and then rush water down my stomach and try to get it to unspin, kind of like a garden hose. If you have a kink in the hose, you run water and the pressure will cause it to unravel. It worked, so thank God.” Phone Post
1/28/13 8:18 AM
Olive Garden Table For One
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Please call this by the correct name: Glass Body Chin. There are also Leg Chins that can be iron or glass.

1/28/13 8:52 AM
Taz Styles
3159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

spliff - 

I think he had broken ribs before the Mendes fight.
1/28/13 9:35 AM
Julianhj1
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Salokcin69 -
Taz Styles -
Brian McLaughlin - 

Definitely happens with fighter's hands - once they break they are never quite the same.  Look at guys like Dominic Cruz or Jamie Varner, they bust their hands up every fight

And Faber.
Any coincidence they're all lower weights? I'd expect the heavier hitters to be breaking their hands more.. Phone Post
Yeah Cormier broke his hand against Bigfoot right Phone Post
1/28/13 10:16 AM
Taz Styles
3159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Julianhj1 - 
Salokcin69 -
Taz Styles -
Brian McLaughlin - 

And Faber.
Yeah Cormier broke his hand against Bigfoot right Phone Post

Didn't Barnett and Cormier both break a hand in their fight?
1/28/13 10:18 AM
KingGo
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Any time someone injures themself, they are more susceptible to that exact injury again bc the repaired state is never as strong before the injury. I think its also been shown that the brain/body remembers traumatic experiences like that, so it wouldnt be surprising if theres some sort of "trigger" cerrones body somewhere. Im not a doctor though so I could just be talking out of my ass Phone Post
1/28/13 10:28 AM
Taz Styles

KingGo -  Any time someone injures themself, they are more susceptible to that exact injury again bc the repaired state is never as strong before the injury. I think its also been shown that the brain/body remembers traumatic experiences like that, so it wouldnt be surprising if theres some sort of "trigger" cerrones body somewhere. Im not a doctor though so I could just be talking out of my ass Phone Post

When you break a bone it gets stronger, thats how fighters shins get so tough they get little fractures from kicking bags, pads and other things and after a while the bone and skin is much stronger.
1/28/13 10:28 AM
Taz Styles

KingGo -  Any time someone injures themself, they are more susceptible to that exact injury again bc the repaired state is never as strong before the injury. I think its also been shown that the brain/body remembers traumatic experiences like that, so it wouldnt be surprising if theres some sort of "trigger" cerrones body somewhere. Im not a doctor though so I could just be talking out of my ass Phone Post

When you break a bone it gets stronger, thats how fighters shins get so tough they get little fractures from kicking bags, pads and other things and after a while the bone and skin is much stronger.
1/28/13 10:46 AM
XxLiveBaitxX
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In before the references to the movie "Unbreakable" and the name "Elijah Price a.k.a. Glass Man."
1/28/13 11:53 AM
GoldMedaLInTapping(R)
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brian J DSouza -

Its a good question.

Agreed I was actually wondering the same thing Phone Post
1/28/13 12:10 PM
KingGo
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Taz Styles -

Not the same. Take weight lifting: lifting is about ripping muscle and having it repair, muscle grows bigger and stronger. But if you have an injure yourself w an extreme tear in the muscle, I dont think it will return to full strength once its healed Phone Post
1/28/13 12:26 PM
PrettyBoy
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The hand thing is correct. I broke mine twice and I'm extremely cautious with it now. It will never be as
Good as new. Phone Post
1/28/13 3:58 PM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom

Liver shots will take down any one, at any time.

your body literally shuts down, buckles, to protect a vital organ...

1/28/13 4:24 PM
Calebcb
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PostOPandProudAMA - 
Taz Styles - I just watch Pettis vs Cerrone again and it got me thinking can a fighter have/get a glass body?

It might just be a coincidence but Cerrone said that Guilard hurt him badly with a shot to the body in his last fight.
Tito was stopped twice in a row by body shots.

I don't mean any disrespect by this!
Or maybe he just took 2 massive fucking liver kick from a known badass kocker. Phone Post

Badass kocker eh.
1/30/13 9:31 PM
Taz Styles

Cyril Jeff - 

Liver shots will take down any one, at any time.

your body literally shuts down, buckles, to protect a vital organ...

I know body shots hurt, i was wondering if fighters ability to take body shots can diminish over time.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.