UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DFW: Cung Le talk typical Soares Silva craziness

1/27/13 11:15 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Just over a week ago, the next title defense for every UFC champion appeared to be in order.

Then on Jan 19 Michael Bisping lost to Vitor Belfort who already lost to Anderson Silva, and big hole appeared. Who is next for Anderson Silva?

Chris Weidman
(+) Weidman is the #1 contender by most accounts.
(-) Weidman is recovering from surgery with an anticipated mid 2012 return. Silva unenthusiastic about Weidman.

Luke Rockhold
(+) Strikeforce middleweight champion; bout would be billed as champion vs. champion.
(-) Not widely known to the general UFC fan base. Might be best for him to have a UFC fight first.

Rashad Evans
(+) Massive name recognition. Fights Antonio Rogerio Nogueira at UFC 156 on Feb. 2, and might drop to 185 thereafter.
(-) Started in the UFC at Heavyweight. If he beats Lil Nog, can he make 185?

Hector Lombard
(+) Had an unparalleled 28 fight win streak.
(-) Lost to Tim Boetsch, who in turn lost his next fight, to Costas Philippou. Fights Yushin Okami at UFC on FUEL TV 8, and will likely have to win one or two more to qualify.

Georges St-Pierre
(+) SUPERFIGHT
(-) GSP has to beat Nick Diaz at UFC 158 in March first, and then move up a division, a move he says would be permanent.

Jon Jones
(+) SUPER SUPERFIGHT
(-) Silva don't want to.

A light heavyweight
(+) Silva has moved up to light heavyweight before for fan pleasing paydays.
(-) Silva's legacy is at Middleweight.

Chael Sonnen
(+) Sonnen doubtless feels a rubbermatch is in order, once he gets by Jon Jones.
(-) Winning every second of every round until you don't is not a W.
(--) Jon Jones.

Cung Le
(+) "Cung Le is coming off of three wins or something like that where he's got a little bit of a name," said Silva's manager Ed Soares. "I mean, it's really hard in that division because it's so evenly matched. All the opponents, on any given day, one of those guys can beat the other."
(-) Really?

UFC president Dana White revealed that he had a sitdown with Weidman and his manager and that Weidman told White, “ I want to fight Anderson Silva. I’m going to beat him. I’m going to be the next world champion.”

However, Silva and his manager Ed Soares don't want a fight with Weidman, and instead referenced Luke Rockhold, or Cung Le.

At the UFC on FOX 6 post fight press conference, UFC president Dana White responded.

“This is typical Anderson Silva, Ed Soares craziness,” said White. “Every f---ing time there’s a fight, he wants to fight ‘Mighty Mouse’ Johnson. Then he wants to fight this guy and that guy. It’s always the same deal.

"It always happens. ‘I absolutely will not fight Chael Sonnen. He doesn’t deserve the title. I’m not doing this and I’m not doing that.’ This is what we do.”

“We’re waiting on something and want to see if this thing pans out. When we’re ready to announce it, we’ll announce it. Silva will defend his title, but it won’t be a super fight.”

1/27/13 11:44 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
atlantis_ninjah
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wow, unbelievable, they know Weidman will win, Anderson Has NEVER faced a wrestler WITH BJJ, Weidman will Sub him, Cung le? Luke Rockhold? are you fucking kidding me?, if I was Dana I would make him fight Weidman or force him to retire, no superfights, that shit isnt happening, Weidman has waited long enough.
1/27/13 11:53 AM
Ice Cold Igors Right Hand

Wow Phone Post
1/27/13 11:56 AM
Anderson Ducking Weidman

it will be interesting to see how anderson fanboi's spin this one..im beginning to feel sorry for them...

1/27/13 12:00 PM
Anderson Ducking Weidman

because weidman has dangerous submissions and hendo does not? and weidman has shown better wrestling than hendo for mma and is much younger?

1/27/13 12:04 PM
Zanzoken
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jon Jones is the only fight that really matters for Anderson at this point, and it's mind-boggling that neither guy wants to do it. Think about it, you have an opportunity to compete against a fellow top 3 all-time fighter, to participate in what could be the sport's hugest, most epic fight, and you don't want to?

The only possible explanation is that they are both more worried about protecting their legacies than actually testing themselves.
1/27/13 12:26 PM
Dr Gonzo
203 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RobinVanRooney - 
atlantis_ninjah - wow, unbelievable, they know Weidman will win, Anderson Has NEVER faced a wrestler WITH BJJ, Weidman will Sub him, Cung le? Luke Rockhold? are you fucking kidding me?, if I was Dana I would make him fight Weidman or force him to retire, no superfights, that shit isnt happening, Weidman has waited long enough.
Lutter had him on the ground for a majority of that fight, he is a brilliant submission grappler. Log off go watch some more MMA then come back.

Oh and Anderson made Lutter TAP. Phone Post

Lutter was also half dead from a horrible weight cut, he looked like he was going to pass out on the way to the cage.
1/27/13 12:36 PM
PelantyMan

RobinVanRooney - 
Anderson Ducking Weidman -

because weidman has dangerous submissions and hendo does not? and weidman has shown better wrestling than hendo for mma and is much younger?

Which high level guy has Weidman submitted? Phone Post

This. Jackanory gym stories don't prove squat.
1/27/13 12:37 PM
HandyDarsh
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wonder if Tom lawler feels as if Weidman is the man to overwhelm and dethrone the GOAT? Phone Post
1/27/13 12:37 PM
hogh20

RobinVanRooney - 
atlantis_ninjah - wow, unbelievable, they know Weidman will win, Anderson Has NEVER faced a wrestler WITH BJJ, Weidman will Sub him, Cung le? Luke Rockhold? are you fucking kidding me?, if I was Dana I would make him fight Weidman or force him to retire, no superfights, that shit isnt happening, Weidman has waited long enough.
Lutter had him on the ground for a majority of that fight, he is a brilliant submission grappler. Log off go watch some more MMA then come back.

Lutter gasssed just walking out to the cage. GTFO.
1/27/13 12:43 PM
Herring In A Fur Coat

FightMatrix.com, MMA Rankings

Cung Le vs Anderson would be awesome.  Hope they make that fight.

1/27/13 12:46 PM
hogh20

PelantyMan - 
RobinVanRooney - 
Anderson Ducking Weidman -

Which high level guy has Weidman submitted? Phone Post

This. Jackanory gym stories don't prove squat.

"Weidman met Gabriel “Monsta” Toribio while attending Hofstra who invited Weidman to come to Matt and Nick Serra’s BJJ Academy to help some of the fighters with their wrestling. Weidman also took some jiu-jitsu classes and within three months he competed in and won The East Coast Grappler’s Quest in his weight class and the Absolute Division with all 13 matches ending in submissions."

"Weidman qualified for and competed at the 2009 ADCC Submission Wrestling World Championship (with just 1 year of formal Jiu-Jitsu training) in Barcelona[3] where he lost to world renowned Jiu-Jitsu practitioner André Galvão."

So, he is 4 time collegiate All-American wrestler, trains under Matt Serra, won a Grapplers Quest tourney submitting 13 guys in a row, qualified for ADCC after just one year of Jitz training. You don't think he can submit Anderson? Just think Sonnen with subs, or Lutter with a gas tank.
1/27/13 12:49 PM
hogh20

RobinVanRooney - 
hogh20 -
RobinVanRooney - 

Lutter gasssed just walking out to the cage. GTFO.
He had Anderson in MOUNT don't give me that shit. If he can mount Ando I think he could have subbed him. Anderson defended perfect all fight then submitted him. Phone Post

You go dehydrate yourself to death, then try to submit Anderson. He was dead by the time he got him to the mount. You are making it sound like Anderson is a better grappler than Lutter. Sure, in the mount, he definitly could have subbed him, but he had absolutley nothing left in the tank AND YOU KNOW IT.
1/27/13 12:50 PM
Unseen
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Herring In A Fur Coat - 

Though roughly the same age, Lee has not aged as well as Anderson.  Five years ago this fight would be more interesting.

1/27/13 12:56 PM
hogh20

Nobody, yet. Does that mean he can't? I think with my quoted post, it shows that he is more than capable. I don't know what you are trying to say. Are you saying that because Weidman has no submissions against other high level MMA guys, that means he CAN'T? Gabriel Gonzaga also, has no submissions over high level guys. Are you saying that he as well is not capable?
1/27/13 1:01 PM
Bloodstorm

Being an Anderson fan the only fight that scares me is Jon Jones & maybe Rashad. Other then that the rest is just one big highlight waiting to happen Phone Post
1/27/13 1:04 PM
hogh20

RobinVanRooney - 
hogh20 - Nobody, yet. Does that mean he can't? I think with my quoted post, it shows that he is more than capable. I don't know what you are trying to say. Are you saying that because Weidman has no submissions against other high level MMA guys, that means he CAN'T? Gabriel Gonzaga also, has no submissions over high level guys. Are you saying that he as well is not capable?
Therefore why are people thinking he is going to submit Anderson when he hasn't submitted a high level black belt? Phone Post

Because he can! How dense are you?
1/27/13 1:06 PM
Dirk Bevlin
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hogh20 - Nobody, yet. Does that mean he can't? I think with my quoted post, it shows that he is more than capable. I don't know what you are trying to say. Are you saying that because Weidman has no submissions against other high level MMA guys, that means he CAN'T? Gabriel Gonzaga also, has no submissions over high level guys. Are you saying that he as well is not capable?
I'm no expert, but isn't it an entirely different game when your opponent can pinch you in the face? Phone Post
1/27/13 1:07 PM
Dirk Bevlin
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

*punch Phone Post
1/27/13 1:18 PM
hogh20

RobinVanRooney - 
Dirk Bevlin -
I'm no expert, but isn't it an entirely different game when your opponent can pinch you in the face? Phone Post
Don't talk logic with this guy he is clueless Phone Post

It is clueless to think that somebody with the grappling credentials of Weidman can't submit somebody else.
1/27/13 1:21 PM
willthiswork
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Once again.. It's all about money!
Dana has stated on numerous occasions that the Silva camp has said that they don't want certain fights and preferred other fights.
Dana has stated on numerous occasions that the Silva camp has NEVER not signed a contract and will fight anyone when it comes down to it.

Not liking a matchup or preferring another matchup doesn't mean anything when you end up taking the fight. It just means that you're going to make Dana work and offer up more of that Anderson Silva money to get you to do it.

1/27/13 1:21 PM
MostUGersAreGhey

Herring In A Fur Coat - 

I bet you would, your site probably ranks Cung as the 4th or 5th best MW in the world. Le vs Silva would be a waste of time and money for many, many people. DFW please don't make this fight, please. Silva only has so many fights left and I don't want to have those fights wasted on guys who can't compete. Le has as much of a chance vs. Silva as Bonnar did.
1/27/13 1:22 PM
Brian Rule
279 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

After Anderson destroys Weidman in highlight reel fashion, once again, there will be a period of acknowledgement that he is the GOAT.

Then, after the next UFC event, someone will begin trolling about how Anderson is ducking ________. It may be Lombard. It may be Jacare. It may be Evans. It may be Kimo. It's inevitable and expected, because for whatever reasons there will always be people inclined to push bullshit on others.

In the end, it really doesn't matter, because the cycle of Anderson destroying whoever is placed in front of him remains the same. This is prizefighting. Anderson and his management want big money fights. Anderson, in the twilight of an all-time great career, is posturing for the biggest paydays possible. This should not surprise anyone.

Of course it's little sad how some have so much time on their hands that they waste it constantly trolling and spamming this place. But that's neither Anderson's problem nor UFC's. Phone Post
1/27/13 1:33 PM
UGCTT_CloudStrife
267 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brian Rule -  After Anderson destroys Weidman in highlight reel fashion, once again, there will be a period of acknowledgement that he is the GOAT.

Then, after the next UFC event, someone will begin trolling about how Anderson is ducking ________. It may be Lombard. It may be Jacare. It may be Evans. It may be Kimo. It's inevitable and expected, because for whatever reasons there will always be people inclined to push bullshit on others.

In the end, it really doesn't matter, because the cycle of Anderson destroying whoever is placed in front of him remains the same. This is prizefighting. Anderson and his management want big money fights. Anderson, in the twilight of an all-time great career, is posturing for the biggest paydays possible. This should not surprise anyone.

Of course it's little sad how some have so much time on their hands that they waste it constantly trolling and spamming this place. But that's neither Anderson's problem nor UFC's. Phone Post

1/27/13 1:40 PM
Anderson Ducking Weidman

anderson is GOAT.  but hes also ducking. and even if he does beat weidman doesnt mean he wint duck again

the point is that he doesnt want to fight weidman because weidman is a bad matchup. but he doesnt acknowledge this. he belittles weidman and lies to the fans by saying its due to his name or him not being worthy but then says he wants to fight rockhole or cung. 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.