UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DFW: Cung Le talk typical Soares Silva craziness

1/27/13 1:46 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
hogh20
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nothing wrong with Anderson wanting big money/big name fights at this point. He is clearly the dominant champion of his division. Let him fight whoever he wants, but have him vacate the title if he wants to make spectacle fights.
1/27/13 1:48 PM
Anderson Ducking Weidman

hogh20 - Nothing wrong with Anderson wanting big money/big name fights at this point. He is clearly the dominant champion of his division. Let him fight whoever he wants, but have him vacate the title if he wants to make spectacle fights.

well nothing wrong with wanting it per se, but then when you say you would rather fight rockhold who actually not as a big of a name as weidman according to virtually every objective, comparable metric, it shows a level of deceit that perceptive people can pick up on

also, there is something that can be said about a champion manning up and facing the #1 contender, especially when the champ hasnt defended the belt in a long time...

1/27/13 2:27 PM
Dirk Bevlin
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

#1 contender or vacate the belt. This is bullshit. Phone Post
1/27/13 2:36 PM
Ice Cold Igors Right Hand

What Dirk said, stop trying to hand pick your opponents Andy. Phone Post
1/27/13 2:42 PM
R00STER
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson has earned the right to decide who he wants to fight IMO. Chris Weidman seems like a good guy and a formidable foe but I'm starting to get sick of hearing about him. This idea that he has "paid his dues" and "deserves" a shot is premature. Beating Munoz makes him the undeniable next contender? I don't get it and I'm starting to hope he gets his head kicked off by Anderson when the fight happens.
1/27/13 2:59 PM
chaplinshouse
716 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

this is why anderson can never be goat.  goat takes on anyone anytime anywhere, as long as they're the best available. 

andy takes on only certain guys, that aren't world beaters, preferably in his home country, and LHWs? only if they're gatekeepers or lower. 

lol at the Rashad negative:  "(-) Started in the UFC at Heavyweight. If he beats Lil Nog, can he make 185?"  not only can Rashad make 185, that is the class for his size.  he's always been a small LHW and it's been bugging the shit out of me how he won't drop down to his perfect size, in a much weaker division where he'd do better.  Rashad is the opposite of Andy.  He goes out of his way for the most challenging matchups available, in a tougher division.  Andy also ignores the proper division for his size, but it's because he prefers the safer neighborhood of MW, NOT because he's a warrior looking for the best challenge available. 

when has a champion basically REFUSED to fight a legit contender? never.  ONLY Anderson "afraid of a challenge" SILVA.  and those of you acting like this is a bargaining chip.  this isn't the NFL.  Dana is Andy's biggest cheerleader.  he wouldn't do that if he were planning on tough negotiations because then they can say "you said it yourself, he's the best, now pay up."  Dana happily pays up to the best on his roster so that strategy isn't even relevant or necessary

Thank god Dana finally says he pulls this shit all the time trying to fight the weakest fighters he can get away with.  When your biggest supporter is the UFC prez and he finally comes out and calls bullshit on your cowardice posturing, that's huge, you know you fucked up.  Now do your fucking job and defend your fucking belt, PERIOD.  "Goat," lol.  You hopeless Andy nut huggers are soon going to see why he's long been afraid to fight the best.  A losing streak is coming because he can no longer hide with this bullshit

1/27/13 3:18 PM
atlantis_ninjah

RobinVanRooney - 
atlantis_ninjah - wow, unbelievable, they know Weidman will win, Anderson Has NEVER faced a wrestler WITH BJJ, Weidman will Sub him, Cung le? Luke Rockhold? are you fucking kidding me?, if I was Dana I would make him fight Weidman or force him to retire, no superfights, that shit isnt happening, Weidman has waited long enough.
Lutter had him on the ground for a majority of that fight, he is a brilliant submission grappler. Log off go watch some more MMA then come back.

Oh and Anderson made Lutter TAP. Phone Post

Lutter also came into that fight unprepared, remember he failed to make weight and had to try again, he was drained and had nowhere near the wrestling ability of weidman, but he was the michael jordan of bjj right?
1/27/13 3:20 PM
atlantis_ninjah

RobinVanRooney - 
Anderson Ducking Weidman -

it will be interesting to see how anderson fanboi's spin this one..im beginning to feel sorry for them...

Don't need to spin shit he destroyed Hendo why would his fans be scared of Weidman? Phone Post

LOL Dan Hendersons wrestling hasnt been effictive in a loong time and had nowhere near the submission ability, your kidding right?
1/27/13 3:43 PM

R00STER - Anderson has earned the right to decide who he wants to fight IMO. Chris Weidman seems like a good guy and a formidable foe but I'm starting to get sick of hearing about him. This idea that he has "paid his dues" and "deserves" a shot is premature. Beating Munoz makes him the undeniable next contender? I don't get it and I'm starting to hope he gets his head kicked off by Anderson when the fight happens.

You can't be serious about this. If that were the case then there would be no point of having belts in each weight class. If you want to be considered the best, especially the GOAT, you take on all comers; especially if there is a number one contender in your weight class.

Weidman's last three wins were over Munoz, Maia, and Lawlor, and since Bisping just lost that makes Weidman the only true number one contender. You really believe before Bisping lost that he deserved a shot more than Weidman?!

Its just strange how ppl used to rag on Fedor for not fighting the best when it was Vadummy making the calls and he wasn't ever in the UFC to begin with. Anderson IS in the UFC and he CAN fight the best in the world; instead he's trying to make the calls, but apparently its ok for him to do it.

I'm and Anderson fan (ppl who don't admire him are liars or haters) but hardcore fans of his have ZERO logic.

Weidman is number one contender and he deserves the shot; enough of this 'give the title shot to the guy who will bring the most PPV buys' - all that does is make the belt itself illegitimate.

1/27/13 3:54 PM
Dirk Bevlin
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A champion who refuses to face the best in his division is not a true champion. Never. Not ever. Phone Post
1/27/13 4:17 PM
Chromium
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mighty Mouse would wreck Silva. He don't want none of that.
1/27/13 4:18 PM
Mexican Janitor

Anderson Silva is overwhelmingly the best fighter in MMA. Yes, I would take Silvas striking and jitz over Jones, but his management is a complete fucking joke. Pressing for a fight with a fighter in a lower weight class while coming off an 18 month layoff, and now pushing for Cung Le. Ed Soares is turning into a scum bag manager choosing his fights for easy pay days. Shut the fuck up, fight the top ranked middleweight or jump to 205. Phone Post
1/27/13 5:49 PM
SOO72

So who should Anderson fight? It seems like some people are saying he can beat everyone in the World no question and he should be able to choose his opponents because he's going to win no matter who he faces anyway.

Fucking quit crying because people want to see him challenged.
1/27/13 6:24 PM
Lazer MMA

How is there much more $$$ in Rockhold than Weidman when Rockhold has 20K less twitter followers and never even fought in the UFC?

With wins VS a #3 & #6 Weidman is the number 1 contender

I'm a fan of Cung but, no just no
1/27/13 6:28 PM

Lazer MMA - 
How is there much more $$$ in Rockhold than Weidman when Rockhold has 20K less twitter followers and never even fought in the UFC?

I think both Rockhold and Cung Le would be cool fights for Anderson and i'm really not a Weidman fan @ all; the point is the UFC needs to stop giving ppl title shots based on 'talk' or 'potential PPV buys' (this isn't WWE wrestling) and give the shot to ppl who have EARNED IT by FIGHTING and working their way up.

And ppl saying that Anderson should be allowed to pick his fights must not understand the point of belts and the meaning of GOAT.

1/27/13 6:32 PM
drrilll
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seriously? Anderson you are undoubtedly great, but you can have a super fight, or you can fight Chris Weidman. He is the clear #1 contender.

I think him and Soares are worried his age is catching up with him, and so they want to fight the older Cung Le.

Anderson you have an incredible legacy and you are an incredible fighter but this is pure duck. If you want to pick your fights then vacate the belt.
1/27/13 6:37 PM
Lazer MMA

Ice Cold Igors Right Hand - 
Lazer MMA - 

I think both Rockhold and Cung Le would be cool fights for Anderson and i'm really not a Weidman fan @ all; the point is the UFC needs to stop giving ppl title shots based on 'talk' or 'potential PPV buys' (this isn't WWE wrestling) and give the shot to ppl who have EARNED IT by FIGHTING and working their way up.

And ppl saying that Anderson should be allowed to pick his fights must not understand the point of belts and the meaning of GOAT.

That's where you're wrong! it's the MMAE!

JBJ Vs Sonnen LMFAO (#1 gets screwed like dog, in favor of a fighter coming off a loss who never won 1 big fight at LHW)

GSP VS Diaz ((#1 gets screwed like dog, in favor of a fighter coming off a loss and suspension)

Cung Vs AS would be par for the course

That's only who SHOULD get the fights (#1's), not who is getting them and who the GOAT should WANT to fight (the best).
1/27/13 6:39 PM
5 Round Main Event

Lol the UG blog loves trolling the Anderson haters.
1/27/13 6:43 PM
hogh20

Anderson Ducking Weidman - 
hogh20 - Nothing wrong with Anderson wanting big money/big name fights at this point. He is clearly the dominant champion of his division. Let him fight whoever he wants, but have him vacate the title if he wants to make spectacle fights.

well nothing wrong with wanting it per se, but then when you say you would rather fight rockhold who actually not as a big of a name as weidman according to virtually every objective, comparable metric, it shows a level of deceit that perceptive people can pick up on

also, there is something that can be said about a champion manning up and facing the #1 contender, especially when the champ hasnt defended the belt in a long time...

There is a cluster of top guys at MW. Wiedman, Belfort, Okami, Bisping is still there, Lombard, now Rockhold, Jacare. I see nothing wrong with Anderson fighting any of these guys, save Okami and Belfort as he just destroyed them, and Bisping as he is coming off a loss. However, 2 good wins for Bisping and he is back in there. So Anderson has Weidman, Lombard, Rockhold, Jacare, in no particular order. Maybe I am forgetting somebody. I would have said Belcher before he lost.

But that looks like a solid top 5. Anderson, Weidman, Rockhold, Lombard, Jacare.

Then in the next 5 has Belfort, Bisping, Boesth, maybe Belcher, Palhares, I dont know after that. Maybe even Rory MacDonald will move up to MW in a couple of years, or GSP. Lots of options. I also think Mousasi should move down to MW, maybe Rashad also.
1/27/13 7:26 PM

Lazer MMA - 
Ice Cold Igors Right Hand - 
Lazer MMA - 

That's where you're wrong! it's the MMAE!

JBJ Vs Sonnen LMFAO (#1 gets screwed like dog, in favor of a fighter coming off a loss who never won 1 big fight at LHW)

GSP VS Diaz ((#1 gets screwed like dog, in favor of a fighter coming off a loss and suspension)

Cung Vs AS would be par for the course

That's only who SHOULD get the fights (#1's), not who is getting them and who the GOAT should WANT to fight (the best).

LOL yeah that's what i'm afraid its going to turn into!

JBJ vs Sonnen there is no need to explain, we know why that fight is happening. The part that bothers me the most is Hendo is the oldest fighter in the UFC, he's paid his dues and deserves the shot and time isn't his friend.

GSP vs Diaz will actually be a good fight because they don't like eachother, but I see GSP decisioning Nick pretty easily IF Diaz doesn't switch up his gameplan in order to deal with George's speed and explosiveness. All in all though, Hendricks really deserves the shot, he has definitely earned it.

I think Anderson has bought into his own 'mysticism' and doesn't want to lose because he believes that will tarnish his legacy; which in my opinion is ridiculous because a loss SHOULDN'T overshadow all the great things he did in his prime.

1/27/13 8:00 PM
I AM A MOFO
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Finally. Nice to see Dana finally fed up enough to stop sugar coating this bullshit and changing the subject to how good he is or some other crap.

Anderson may well be the greatest MMA FIGHTER ever, but he has been a miserable champion. Great champs don't pick and choose their own fights. They don't repeatedly refuse number one contenders and ask for fringe top ten opponents or guys from lower weight classes instead. They don't dick around and refuse to engage opponents (particularly dangerous submission guys in Anderson's case), hiding behind refs, dancing and doing impressions in title fights because their opponent said they thought they could win. They don't call up a former training partner's opponent and offer inside tips because said former partner is in their weight class now (as he did to Wand for you new guys). They don't hold up their entire division when they're perfectly healthy just cause they can't have their way or specific fights.

These are not the actions of a great champion, they're the actions of a smug, spoiled, crybaby. He may be the most skilled but that doesn't stop him from being among the worst champions in MMA history to me. Brock Lesnar was a better champ (by far).

And his fans really need to get the shit out of their eyes and ears and face facts. This fucking guy isn't looking for "super fghts" or any of that shit (Cung?), he's looking for EASY fights an desperately trying to protect his "legacy" at this point, nothing more. Younger stronger wrestler and number two in the division? "FUCK that shit!" Biggest superfight possible with Jon Jones? "No, I am a middleweight, this is my division....I want to fight GSP....cause it will be easier". Sad that I'm not even exaggerating on the last one. He literally said that shit. Yet you fanatical nut huggers will argue with even Anderson himself about his motivations for turning down any possibly competitive match up.

Nothing but respect and awe for his skills (when he decides his opponent is safe or nice enough to use them), but they don't blind me to EVERYTHING else he says and does like so many of you guys.
1/27/13 8:07 PM
I AM A MOFO
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And anyone who says "he earned the right to do whatever he wants" needs to be punched in the throat, if it's not up Anderson's ass along with their head.

There is NO SUCH THING as a "champion" who has "earned" the right not to fight number one contenders or dangerous opponents. He'll have that "right" when he fucking puts down his belt or retires. Lol@ a champion "earning the rights" not to do his fucking job.
1/27/13 8:12 PM
Dirk Bevlin

Word! Phone Post
1/27/13 8:15 PM
Lazer MMA

Edited: 01/27/13 8:19 PM
Funny how Dana is now owning up that “This is typical Anderson Silva, Ed Soares craziness,”. “Every f---ing time there’s a fight, he wants to fight ‘Mighty Mouse’ Johnson. Then he wants to fight this guy and that guy. It’s always the same deal."

This has been going on a long long time

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=ki-henderson101609
"But Silva and his manager, Ed Soares, weren’t keen on fighting Henderson again and didn’t think he’d done enough to warrant a rematch."

This led to Dan's exit from the UFC per Dan in this very forum as well.

Dan was promised the shot for KO'ing Bisping. http://www.5thround.com/3548/title-shot-on-the-line-for-bisping-henderson/
1/27/13 8:20 PM
mikerobmma
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RobinVanRooney -
Dr Gonzo -
RobinVanRooney - 
atlantis_ninjah - wow, unbelievable, they know Weidman will win, Anderson Has NEVER faced a wrestler WITH BJJ, Weidman will Sub him, Cung le? Luke Rockhold? are you fucking kidding me?, if I was Dana I would make him fight Weidman or force him to retire, no superfights, that shit isnt happening, Weidman has waited long enough.
Lutter had him on the ground for a majority of that fight, he is a brilliant submission grappler. Log off go watch some more MMA then come back.

Oh and Anderson made Lutter TAP. Phone Post

Lutter was also half dead from a horrible weight cut, he looked like he was going to pass out on the way to the cage.
Had Anderson in mount, best position in MMA and couldn't do nothing. Silva sweeps him. Bad weight cut yet he was doing just fine. Phone Post
Yeah, bad cut and he was doing just fine. Kind of contradicts your point doesn't it?

And mount being the best position in MMA? And you're telling people to educate themselves? C'mon son. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.