UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> The reason Anderson wants Le... Etc

1/27/13 5:04 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
The Mouth
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gorgesjorj - Weidman is undefeated, 5-0 as a UFC mw, with three finishes. Has a top 5 win over Munoz (an event he main evented, btw), two bonuses and has been on Versus (now NBC Sports), Spike, Fuel and big FOX. How is he unknown or undeserving of a title shot.

Le is a stud and has some nice accomplishments at Strikeforce and a respectable 2-1 record in the UFC. But I just don't see how that resume has people running to pay $54.99 while they wouldn't think of parting with their cash for Weidman.

Weidman is the #1 contender.

Rockhold and Belfort makes sense for the next guy in line after that. Rockhold wants it, Dana wants it, let's hope Belfort does.

And looking further, Lombard seems to have gained some traction with his last performance in Australia.

Lastly, if Hendo and Hashad want to drop (if they win their next fights at lhw), I could dig that too. But now we're way ahead of ourselves.

Forget the GSP-Silva fight, GSP doesn't want it. Forget the Silva-Jones fight, Silva doesn't want it.

GG
@mmajunkiegeorge

Weidman is not a draw regardless.  The every day person hasnt even seen Weidman fight.

Belfort does not make sense considering he was absolutely WAXED recently.

Rockhold does for champion/champion.

Rashad would be a fight that would draw as well as Bisping would and I'm not against an immediate title fight if he drops.  But I'd rather see Hendo fight Jones.

1/27/13 5:19 PM
gorgesjorj
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAjunkie Radio, Host
There's got to be a point though where being a draw doesn't factor in. I don't remember Leites, Cote and Maia being huge draws.

Otherwise, let's give Sonnen a shot again.

I'm ok with Hashad getting the immediate too.

And I don't worry about draws as much cause I don't get a cut of the ppvs. I'm just a fan who wants to see champions defend against the best in their divisions.

GG
@mmajunkiegeorge

PS -- Belfort did get waxed, but he's come back nicely (throw out the Jones fight) since then. And others are dropping fights too so a win over Rockhold has to have him back in the mix.
1/27/13 5:20 PM
Anderson Ducking Weidman

Forssberg - AS is not ducking anyone. It's a negotiating ploy that AS and Soares repeat over and over again before agreeing to a fight. They know if Dana wants a fight bad enough that he will give in.
Nope. Did u see them doing the same thing with Bisbing? Nope. Phone Post
1/27/13 5:20 PM
Anderson Ducking Weidman

UGCTT_zackthewop -
Anderson Ducking Weidman - Cung is not a draw. Is he a bigger name than Weidman? Yes, but any marginal advantage he has in name value is outweighed by the fact that its a matchup that makes no sense. Is cung in the top 20? It would not be a bigger ppv than an undefeated prospect who has the style to beat Anderson. Phone Post
Cung beat ace

Frankin is much better than anyone weidman has beat. Phone Post
Lol Phone Post
1/27/13 5:21 PM
Lahzerous
268 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1/27/13 5:22 PM
Anderson Ducking Weidman

gorgesjorj - Weidman is undefeated, 5-0 as a UFC mw, with three finishes. Has a top 5 win over Munoz (an event he main evented, btw), two bonuses and has been on Versus (now NBC Sports), Spike, Fuel and big FOX. How is he unknown or undeserving of a title shot.

Le is a stud and has some nice accomplishments at Strikeforce and a respectable 2-1 record in the UFC. But I just don't see how that resume has people running to pay $54.99 while they wouldn't think of parting with their cash for Weidman.

Rockhold and Belfort makes sense for the next guy in line after that. Rockhold wants it, Dana wants it, let's hope Belfort does.

And looking further, Lombard seems to have gained some traction with his last performance in Australia.

Lastly, if Hendo and Hashad want to drop (if they win their next fights at lhw), I could dig that too. But now we're way ahead of ourselves.

Forget the GSP-Silva fight, GSP doesn't want it. Forget the Silva-Jones fight, Silva doesn't want it.

GG
@mmajunkiegeorge
Thank u!!!!! Phone Post
1/27/13 5:25 PM
The Mouth

gorgesjorj - There's got to be a point though where being a draw doesn't factor in. I don't remember Leites, Cote and Maia being huge draws.

Otherwise, let's give Sonnen a shot again.

I'm ok with Hashad getting the immediate too.

And I don't worry about draws as much cause I don't get a cut of the ppvs. I'm just a fan who wants to see champions defend against the best in their divisions.

GG
@mmajunkiegeorge

PS -- Belfort did get waxed, but he's come back nicely (throw out the Jones fight) since then. And others are dropping fights too so a win over Rockhold has to have him back in the mix.

Remember what Anderson did when they MADE him fight Maia?  I may be the only one who laughed his ass off at how badly Maia got tooled, but you're not gonna see Dana go through that again.

The premise of the thread was to simply outlay the fact that Anderson is worrying about money.  Not #1 contenders.

After Rockhold, I'd be ok with Vitor being in line again.  Clearly we can't name people we'd LIKE to see.

1/27/13 5:35 PM
SOO72

It's always just a ploy for leverage, or a troll. Meanwhile his last fight was Bonnar after having to be dragged kicking and screaming for over a year to rematch Sonnen.
1/27/13 5:42 PM
The Mouth

SOO72 - It's always just a ploy for leverage, or a troll. Meanwhile his last fight was Bonnar after having to be dragged kicking and screaming for over a year to rematch Sonnen.

He wouldnt ever turn down a fight in Brazil

1/27/13 5:50 PM
Lazer MMA

The Mouth - 
gorgesjorj - Weidman is undefeated, 5-0 as a UFC mw, with three finishes. Has a top 5 win over Munoz (an event he main evented, btw), two bonuses and has been on Versus (now NBC Sports), Spike, Fuel and big FOX. How is he unknown or undeserving of a title shot.

GG
@mmajunkiegeorge

Weidman is not a draw regardless.  The every day person hasnt even seen Weidman fight.

Rashad would be a fight that would draw as well as Bisping would and I'm not against an immediate title fight if he drops.  But I'd rather see Hendo fight Jones.

Amazing OP how you ignore "Rockhold with 20K less twitter followers must be a 'really' "awful" draw?

The draw has nothing to do with the decision, it's got to be close to even inbetween the two."

As as well as the substantiating post after being questioned, "as it stands Weidman beat a #3 & #6 in the UFC. A fool can see there is more credibility in fighting him Vs rockhold. The draw of each fighter is about =, there is nothing to talk about and if there is you have not touched on it"

Instead you respond as such to a MMAjunkie Radio Host. Joke, like your opening argument OP in light of the above.

1/27/13 5:52 PM
The Mouth

Lazer MMA - 
The Mouth - 

GG
@mmajunkiegeorge

Amazing OP how you ignore "Rockhold with 20K less twitter followers must be a 'really' "awful" draw?

The draw has nothing to do with the decision, it's got to be close to even inbetween the two."

As as well as the substantiating post after being questioned, "as it stands Weidman beat a #3 & #6 in the UFC. A fool can see there is more credibility in fighting him Vs rockhold. The draw of each fighter is about =, there is nothing to talk about and if there is you have not touched on it"

Instead you respond as such to a MMAjunkie Radio Host. Joke, like your opening argument OP in light of the above.

Twitter followers can be purchased and do not convert into PPV sales.  The mere fact you brought that up is proof of your mental midgetry and I was doing you a favor by ignoring it.

You're trying to get me to bite on your poorly executed troll job. 

Not happening.

1/27/13 5:56 PM
Soul Gravy

DiSmAnTLeR - 
GableGrip - It's because Le is the easier fight.

His manager says big name and then says rockhold is a option and Weidman is not. Since when is rockhold a bigger name? CW has fought in bigger shows and beat more top knotch guys.

Andy is scared. So all you AS lovers need to get real and understand that he wants to pad his record and title defenses.

He won't fight CW or Lombard , he is goin to move to LH once bones is gone to avoid that mess. He wants no piece of jones either and will stay at MW fighting the easier comp till bones is gone.

Anderson is the greatest chump of all time
They should ban you for being a Moran .

Look at the list of guys Anderson has beaten, compare it to Weidman's list and see who looks like a chump. Phone Post

Except he's right. Anderson has always been about padding his record.
1/27/13 6:06 PM
Lazer MMA

The Mouth - 
Lazer MMA - 
The Mouth - 

GG
@mmajunkiegeorge

Twitter followers can be purchased and do not convert into PPV sales.  The mere fact you brought that up is proof of your mental midgetry and I was doing you a favor by ignoring it.

Not happening.

Sure every fighter buys their twitter followers. Surely AS bought his too, LOL. Rockhold just didn't want to spend the $$$, LMFAO twit.

The "troll" is not acknowledging to the all the above and that SF Rockhold is not a much bigger draw then Weidman.

Good night Op
1/27/13 6:10 PM
The Mouth

Lazer MMA - 
The Mouth - 
Lazer MMA - 
The Mouth - 

GG
@mmajunkiegeorge

Not happening.

Sure every fighter buys their twitter followers. Surely AS bought his too, LOL. Rockhold just didn't want to spend the $$$, LMFAO twit.

The "troll" is not acknowledging to the all the above and that SF Rockhold is not a much bigger draw then Weidman.

Good night Op

Clearly you're forgetting the contests the UFC used to have...

Try again.

1/27/13 6:15 PM
soremano

if money is all anderson cares about then he will sign jones fight tomorrow

fight will be massive

1/27/13 6:23 PM
ekiben
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i am not commenting on who anderson silva should fight, but only in terms of drawing power. rockhold's last headliner (vs kennedy) drew 420,000 average, while ufc on fuel 4 (munoz v weidman) drew 211,000 average. obviously they are different organizations and promotions, but i could see how soares argues double the viewers in a headlining event equals bigger draw, as opposed to 20K more twitter followers. also there is the question of what is more known weidman or strikeforce. if strikeforce is know more than weidman than strikeforce champion rockhold has more legs than chris weidman. whether that is a fair way to determine a challenger is a different story, but in terms of business sense i understand the argument.
1/27/13 6:28 PM
Lazer MMA

Showtime Vs Fuel, that's fair! DERP

What about UFC on Fox?
1/27/13 6:29 PM
The Mouth

ekiben - i am not commenting on who anderson silva should fight, but only in terms of drawing power. rockhold's last headliner (vs kennedy) drew 420,000 average, while ufc on fuel 4 (munoz v weidman) drew 211,000 average. obviously they are different organizations and promotions, but i could see how soares argues double the viewers in a headlining event equals bigger draw, as opposed to 20K more twitter followers. also there is the question of what is more known weidman or strikeforce. if strikeforce is know more than weidman than strikeforce champion rockhold has more legs than chris weidman. whether that is a fair way to determine a challenger is a different story, but in terms of business sense i understand the argument.

More concise than I.

1/27/13 6:30 PM
Lazer MMA

Lazer MMA - 
Showtime Vs Fuel, that's fair! DERP

What about UFC on Fox?

At least the OP agrees LMFAO
1/27/13 6:34 PM
Virginio
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson Ducking Weidman - Cung is not a draw. Is he a bigger name than Weidman? Yes, but any marginal advantage he has in name value is outweighed by the fact that its a matchup that makes no sense. Is cung in the top 20? It would not be a bigger ppv than an undefeated prospect who has the style to beat Anderson. Phone Post
Is it just me, or did the UFC just debut in China with Cung Le as the headliner. For you to say he's not a draw (especially in one of the major markets that the UFC is pushing into) is just plain ignorant. Phone Post
1/27/13 7:12 PM
UGCTT_zackthewop
278 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson Ducking Weidman -
UGCTT_zackthewop -
Cung beat ace

Lol Phone Post
Am I wrong? Phone Post
1/27/13 7:23 PM
Lazer MMA

UGCTT_zackthewop - 
Anderson Ducking Weidman -
UGCTT_zackthewop -
Cung beat ace

Lol Phone Post
Am I wrong? Phone Post

Given the point in time it happened I say yes. I just don't think ace could cut anymore (85-95) at all really. If it was back in the day I'd say 100 percent.

I don't think Munoz was a great #3 no question but I'd say at this juncture of Ace's carrier (and being it was at 85) a win over Munoz is better (granted I DO think the MW ranking are from hunger though, back then too but it was slim pickens).
1/27/13 9:49 PM
Anderson Ducking Weidman

Virginio - 
Is it just me, or did the UFC just debut in China with Cung Le as the headliner. For you to say he's not a draw (especially in one of the major markets that the UFC is pushing into) is just plain ignorant. Phone Post

wtf r u babbling about.  weidman headlined a card too. dosnt mean shit. cung certainly isnt a bigger name than bonner and that card only did like 300-400k buys

1/27/13 11:05 PM
Anderson Ducking Weidman

s3xyama - Atm moment Le is a bigger draw than boner, considering his positive test and retirement. Phone Post
Wat? Obviously talking about when he fought bonner. Anyone that thinks a Rockhold or a cung is going to add a significant number of buys over a Weidman is delusional. Do I think Weidman is a draw? No but none of those guys will bring in bigger ppv buys. Phone Post
1/27/13 11:07 PM
mijo

Anderson Ducking Weidman - 
s3xyama - Atm moment Le is a bigger draw than boner, considering his positive test and retirement. Phone Post
Wat? Obviously talking about when he fought bonner. Anyone that thinks a Rockhold or a cung is going to add a significant number of buys over a Weidman is delusional. Do I think Weidman is a draw? No but none of those guys will bring in bigger ppv buys. Phone Post

I think to the hardcore fan. Weidman is the fight we all want to see. Overall though. Cung Le brings in better buys.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.