UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> The reason Anderson wants Le... Etc

1/27/13 11:22 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MrNiceguy66
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's all part of the master plan. To get everyone thinking AS is ducking and refusing fights, so that he has more negotiating leverage, gets more money to actually fight CW, after Dana worked so hard to make that fight "happen". At the same time all this does is build value to CWs name, the guy who is supposedly a nightmare match up for the champ, which will I turn sell more PPVs. Marketing genius. If AS said yes to Chaels rematch right away, he wouldn't have made as much money as he did. Of course this could be total bullshit since I'm talking out of my ass, but it makes you think hmmmmm could this be happening, or is this really good weed? Phone Post
1/27/13 11:35 PM
The Mouth

Anderson Ducking Weidman - 
s3xyama - Atm moment Le is a bigger draw than boner, considering his positive test and retirement. Phone Post
Wat? Obviously talking about when he fought bonner. Anyone that thinks a Rockhold or a cung is going to add a significant number of buys over a Weidman is delusional. Do I think Weidman is a draw? No but none of those guys will bring in bigger ppv buys. Phone Post

Cung would.

Especially from a style stance.

1/28/13 1:02 AM
dermotfix
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I really think AS should vacate the title, step aside.

He has no more history to make. 

Surely he has accomplished all his goals?

Then he can just fight whoever the fuck he wants at lhw/catchweight and fans like me would watch every one.

1/28/13 1:36 AM
mijo

TheMentalisT - 
LETMEBANGBRO - He's ducking Weidman !! Weidman is a massive draw and has crushed all the top names at 185 !!

First post of the thread, but by far the worst.

Nobody knows who the fuck Weidman is yet(besides hardcore fans), and even if they did know him, he is not a 'massive' draw.

He is not from another country so you can't use the global fan base aspect to bring in PPV buys.

He doesnt have a mohawk, lip piercings and tribal tattoos.

He doesn't come from a dominant or popular history in one Martial Art, for example.......Ronda(Judo), Maia(BJJ), etc etc.

Yes he was a great Wrestler at Hofstra and an All-American, but he never won NationaL Titles like Askren, Hendricks and guys like that.

He wasn't some beast in Brazil

He doesn't trash talk like Chael, Rampage, Bisping etc..

He has ZERO marketing and sell power right now.

A shame to say because he is a great fighter.

Great fighter by beating Mark Munoz, and Damian Maia.
1/28/13 1:42 AM
The Mouth

mijo - 
TheMentalisT - 
LETMEBANGBRO - He's ducking Weidman !! Weidman is a massive draw and has crushed all the top names at 185 !!

First post of the thread, but by far the worst.

Nobody knows who the fuck Weidman is yet(besides hardcore fans), and even if they did know him, he is not a 'massive' draw.

He is not from another country so you can't use the global fan base aspect to bring in PPV buys.

He doesnt have a mohawk, lip piercings and tribal tattoos.

He doesn't come from a dominant or popular history in one Martial Art, for example.......Ronda(Judo), Maia(BJJ), etc etc.

Yes he was a great Wrestler at Hofstra and an All-American, but he never won NationaL Titles like Askren, Hendricks and guys like that.

He wasn't some beast in Brazil

He doesn't trash talk like Chael, Rampage, Bisping etc..

He has ZERO marketing and sell power right now.

A shame to say because he is a great fighter.

Great fighter by beating Mark Munoz, and Damian Maia.

He LEGIT struggled with Maia.

1/28/13 2:08 AM
knuckleballs

Rockhold, Lombard, Mousasi (who is actually smaller than anderson, but refuses to cut) and Weidman are all dangerous and awesome fights in the making.
1/28/13 2:45 AM
Mayweedz
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighting Cung Le in Macau would give Anderson pretty quick access to some name recognition in an untamed and potential growing market. Cung Le really needs 1 - 2 more fights and wins and some conditioning training though...although he is only getting older and the longer he waits, the more likely he is to get an injury or loss away from ending his career.

Interesting fight style matchup, but would be an extremely difficult fight for Cung Le (although I guess anyone would have a hard time with Anderson). Main problem is Cung Le would have a hard time lasting 5 rounds. Anderson never gasses and with his style of fighting he could easily back up and evade until Cung Le gasses. Cung Le does have some crazy advancing abilities and reach with those kicks of his, but Anderson has crazy timing and counter punches that knock people like no other. Cung Le rarely gets hit by anyone even people of decent striking pedigree, but Anderson uses unorthodox movement.

I have kind of wanted to see this match up for a while, although it is maybe 5 years too late, but if it does not happen soon it will likely not happen at all. Such an interesting match up style wise. Lombard and Weidman vs Anderson are bound to happen they are all on an unavoidable collision course if Anderson does sign a 10 fight deal.

Anderson is no fool though. I am sure he wants those fights towards the end of those 10 fights when his career is going to be catching up with him, regardless. These fights haven't built up the ppv anticipation and those fights have risks to them. The sooner he looses the belt the sooner he loses his payday.

I honestly do not think Anderson is afraid of losing per say. I do think he is afraid of the possibility of losing the big paydays and sponsorship.
1/28/13 2:47 AM
Klownoh

The Mouth - Comes down to his portion of PPV revenue.

That's the only reason he gives a shit about name power.

Him/Bisping would have done close to a million buys Id bet... Especially if he'd have beaten Vitor decisively.

No one left in the division is a draw. I expect Anderson to start seriously negotiating super fights. He will retire soon and will want the money in the bank. Phone Post
Cus its a fight he's confident in winning I think is the bigger reason. I'm not a Silva hater I think he's amazing just feel he doesn't want to lose now so he'd rather not fight the guys who could give him problems in a fight like Weidman. Phone Post
1/28/13 2:53 AM
DirtehSneakehs
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Let's put the whole Luke is too unknown to be a big draw nonsense to rest with the simple reminder of GSP vs. SHIELDS. Everyone knows GSP, but Shields was pretty much unknown outside the "hardcore" fans, and so by that logic you displayed that means it wouldn't be a big draw. But lo and behold, it became the biggest ufc event and absolutely smashed records like never before.
Or did you forget about that? Phone Post
1/30/13 5:06 PM
Forssberg

Forssberg - AS is not ducking anyone. It's a negotiating ploy that AS and Soares repeat over and over again before agreeing to a fight. They know if Dana wants a fight bad enough that he will give in.
Nope. Did u see them doing the same thing with Bisbing? Nope. Phone Post

As a matter of fact I did. AS' camp had been ranting on Bisping's unworthiness for a long time prior to that.
1/30/13 5:50 PM
hockey fighter
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TOAO - Weidman is a really low draw Phone Post
IMO Thays the only reason he hasn't received a title shot.

The UFC threw him in vs Munoz as a measuring stick to see how far he could go and he passed the test with flying colors!!

I don't think ANYone saw that coming, and the aftermath of hype followed.

Wiedman is legit, so is Le, so is Rockhold. But from a PPV stance Le has more fans and drawing power given he's been a household name in Strikeforce for many many years. Phone Post
1/30/13 5:50 PM
Lazer MMA

Forssberg - 
Forssberg - AS is not ducking anyone. It's a negotiating ploy that AS and Soares repeat over and over again before agreeing to a fight. They know if Dana wants a fight bad enough that he will give in.
Nope. Did u see them doing the same thing with Bisbing? Nope. Phone Post

As a matter of fact I did. AS' camp had been ranting on Bisping's unworthiness for a long time prior to that.

Source?

He has positioned for that fight for A VERY long while! AS fans called it a $$ fight to support it. The fight was going to be easy murder plain and simple.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.