UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Elite tier of strikers in MMA?

2/2/13 9:14 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
liquidrob
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

liquidrob - What do you guys think about Alexander Shlemenko?

2/2/13 1:50 PM
Wasa-B
259 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2/2/13 3:08 PM
D241
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Why do you think Overeem was awarded as the unanimous winner in his fight with Werdum?"

Beats me.  It's hilarious that you're implying that Overeem must have done something right because the judges -- MMA's infamous judges -- gave him the win.

Fightmetric in fact has Werdum winning under both the 10-point must system AND their own system, and -- unsurprisingly -- also landing more strikes (both significant and otherwise) than Overeem: http://blog.fightmetric.com/2011/06/overeem-vs-werdum-ii-official.html . What do you make of that?

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&quote=43131297&forum=1&thread=2126614&page=1#bottom

orcus - 

Many, including me, think he won the second fight with Benson.

I would say that basing who won a fight on fightmetric.com is stupid and unreliable.  In 2 fights, your main argument is that fightmetric scored it for Werdum, therefor if fightmetric is a reliable base for scoring a system, that would be what you base your opinion on.

However, in the 2nd example, you have Frankie Edgar winning against Benson, while Fightmetric disagrees with that.

Why don't you be consistent orcus? If you're going to say fightmetric scored the fight for Werdum, and they're accurate, than why not use fightmetric's scores for Edgar/Benson 2 and say that Edgar DID NOT beat Benson?

I know, it's because you're a hypocrit and inconsistent.
2/2/13 11:38 PM
orcus

lol again @ anyone putting Alistair in the league of Anderson, Aldo, and Pettis. The guy has gotten KTFO by EVERY good fighter he has ever fought in MMA, no matter how well he does against the kings of K-1.

2/3/13 1:33 AM
D241

Here's me

Here's orcus

Orcus, I should not have used Alistair Overeems name in your thread. Do you accept my apology?

I hope his name didn't taint this thread. If you want me to edit out his video or something to make this thread a little cleaner, let me know.

2/3/13 1:39 AM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
436 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Give D241 credit for a classy response!

2/3/13 2:12 AM
orcus

Props to D. You can work off the crow by bumping one of my "lol @ k1 striking" threads :P

2/3/13 3:12 AM
Wasa-B
259 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think I noted something that rang true as well.
2/3/13 3:49 AM
BigSleep
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol, orcus wins this round.
2/3/13 1:43 PM
wreckker
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reem looked like shit!

Was it lack of superjuice?

Overconfidence?

Not elite level striker performance at all Phone Post
2/3/13 1:47 PM
D241

wreckker -  Reem looked like shit!

Was it lack of superjuice?

Overconfidence?

Not elite level striker performance at all Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.