UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Any TMA Gym added Bjj to the programme??

2/1/13 4:58 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Master Bater
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Santino DeFranco - I teach at a TMA school and it's working out pretty well. The place I teach at (in Flagstaff, AZ) is a TKD place (mainly kids, but some adult classes), but all of the kick boxing and bjj classes are priced differently (separate from any of the TMA classes). I get 50% of all income from BJJ and Kick boxing, and he gets 50%.

I really like the set up and it's working out well for both of us.

Thanks for this info Santino, this is what i was thinking. 50/50 is probably the norm.

are you under a main Bjj banner/group and he is like an affiliate?
2/1/13 11:33 AM
Santino DeFranco
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Master Bater - 
Santino DeFranco - I teach at a TMA school and it's working out pretty well. The place I teach at (in Flagstaff, AZ) is a TKD place (mainly kids, but some adult classes), but all of the kick boxing and bjj classes are priced differently (separate from any of the TMA classes). I get 50% of all income from BJJ and Kick boxing, and he gets 50%.

I really like the set up and it's working out well for both of us.

Thanks for this info Santino, this is what i was thinking. 50/50 is probably the norm.

are you under a main Bjj banner/group and he is like an affiliate?

Not really. The whole school is under me (I'm under John Crouch, a Royce BB). The owner of the TMA school is actually a Purple belt ( forget who he's under) but he wanted to go under me and John so he can train/progress more efficiently.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
2/1/13 12:27 PM
BrCutter
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Master bater, what's the purpose? Ie, a batter niche, retention, Phone Post
2/1/13 12:28 PM
BrCutter
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Better niche Phone Post
2/1/13 7:53 PM
Master Bater
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i dont understand what better niche is?

i guess i have been a huge fan of bjj for as long as i can remember, and being able to offer classes in our area would be agood thing - on the selfish side i would be able to train often too - but i am not interested inany financial gain from it.. and i totally believe in the art that i teach too, so i would not walk away from it (to dedicated more time to training bjj)
it may be hard to understand as many will vision our TMA as the kind of strip mall stuff you see in the US.. but i can assure you its nothing like that... if i had a thai school and wanted to add the opportunity of a grappling art to, people would not think twice... but our stand up is NOT Japanese karate, white pyjamas standing in lines punching this air stuff (nothing wrong with that if thats what yuo want to do) but that not us - think Kyokushin with less rigidity and strikes to the head - think daido juku without the faceguards.. think MMA with a gi... i cant really explain it in any other way.

also remember i already said that we were offered a live in Black belt from a world famous instructor/school in the past but i could not justify the cost at the time
2/2/13 4:24 AM
elbigsam
193 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like my idea the best. Phone Post
2/2/13 6:13 AM
Master Bater

elbigsam -  I like my idea the best. Phone Post

me too bud :) and this is pretty much exactly what was arranged a couple years back - wiht the live in BB (see above)

but i dont want to replace anything? just like you said "Add" to the programme.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.