UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rampage: I might just be like Gary Goodridge

1/27/13 3:14 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1295 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson left the UFC on a three-fight losing streak, without a clearly explained road map of future plans.

Before the co-main event fight with Glover Teixeira, Jackson expressed confidence.

"It's going to be the UFC's loss and not my loss," said Rampage. "Because I can go to any organization on the planet and have a successful career. "When I leave the UFC I'm just going to move onto the next chapter in my life and try to remain positive and happy."

There remains the possibility that he will re-sign with the UFC.

"I don't know," said UFC president Dana White at the post-fight press conference when asked whether Rampage would be back in the Octagon. "We'll see how this thing plays out and see what happens."

Post fight, Rampage struck a more somber tone.

"I don't know if I can compete with the top people," he said to FUEL TV's Ariel Helwani. "It's my first time I've lost three fights in a row. I'm not going to give up. I'm going to go back to the drawing board and work on everything. I feel like I can come back if I set my mind to it, but right now if anyone picks me up, that's my marketing pitch -- hey I'll put on a great show for you."

"I think that this is my reality and I have to see what's next. I've been fighting for 13 years and the game has changed a lot. I might just be one of those fighters that come in and excite the crowd -- be like Gary Goodridge. One of those guys who just comes out and puts on a great show. Gary Goodridge is a great ambassador for the sport and he taught me a long time ago that it's all about the show. I'm just going out there and try to entertain the fans. I'll be one of those middle range fighters. If someone wants to pick me up and somebody is going to put on an exciting fight for the fans."

While Goodridge was and remains an enormous fan favorite, he has been strugglng valiantly with Dementia Pugilistica, the effects of a career as a gate keeper in the highest ranks of kickboxing and MMA.

Transcription by MMAMania.

1/27/13 3:19 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
HexRei
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

haha that's funny cause i remember in pride rampage complaining about goodridge, cause he wanted to be the only token black guy in prideFC
1/27/13 3:19 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
589 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rampage sure has been fun to watch the last few years Phone Post
1/27/13 3:23 PM
Dirk Bevlin
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is it just me, or does that say three fight win streak? I think that might be a typo - Phone Post
1/27/13 3:23 PM
HandyDarsh
244 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He has that something that makes me tune in everytime, even if he did lose 3 straight.
I'm sure another organization is interested. Phone Post
1/27/13 3:25 PM
Ryan Wood
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Video not available in my country (Canada). Gheyness.
1/27/13 3:29 PM
HOLLYWOOD-MO

I really hope he doesn't turn into Goodridge and try to put on a show... Goodridge has severe brain damage from his career; all of it from "putting on shows" for Pride.
1/27/13 3:30 PM
Dirk Bevlin
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Now that it's sunk in for a minute, that is a sad, depressing statement from ol' Rampage.

Damn. Phone Post
1/27/13 3:31 PM
Dirk Bevlin

Edited: 01/27/13 3:43 PM
+
1/27/13 3:46 PM
GloverRampagedMyBrownEye
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That interview broke my heart Phone Post
1/27/13 4:06 PM
LucySnorebush

GloverRampagedMyBrownEye -  That interview broke my heart Phone Post

1/27/13 4:09 PM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

Rampage should move up to HW. Phone Post
1/27/13 4:11 PM
LastRowCarl

LucySnorebush -
GloverRampagedMyBrownEye -  That interview broke my heart Phone Post

+2 Phone Post
1/27/13 4:12 PM
whoabro

Dirk Bevlin - Now that it's sunk in for a minute, that is a sad, depressing statement from ol' Rampage.

Damn. Phone Post
Rampage has weird moments of extremely clear thinking where he tells it like it is that are in stark contrast to his usual river of denial Phone Post
1/27/13 4:13 PM
SHOGUN250
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn Rampage.... what happened. Used to be such a killer.
1/27/13 4:18 PM
ANT_P1989
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A true "Legend of the Game".

Say whatever the fuck you want about Rampage, but that man has had one helluva career! He's fought the best, fought in the best organizations, he's been a champion, he's got a awesome track-record, a great win-loss record and has proven himself worthy of being given the Title of a Legend

Quinton, if you ever read this, I KNOW for a FACT that you could revamp your career.

1. You can still take a punch.
2. You can still deliver an ass whooping.
3. You always make weight, so that alone tells me you are still willing to compete.
4. You're exciting and still a huge draw.

I'm sure I could list more, but what I really wanna see from you is a CHANGE OF TRAINING CAMPS. You still have a good bit of fight left in you, try another team, maybe AKA or somethin. Hell, even Jackson's MMA, to bring your wrestling back into question.

Signed, a TRUE fan of The Game. Phone Post
1/27/13 4:19 PM
Pompei
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In my personal opinion, Rampage looked like he had great upper body movement but his legs seemed to let him down. He couldn't get strength from them as you saw in his take down "attempts".

I love the rampage but seems like the top guys have better athleticism and that's the difference. Phone Post
1/27/13 4:20 PM
Stache
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rampage will always make good fights with other strikers. He's a matchmaker's go-to guy if paired properly.
1/27/13 4:24 PM
HexRei

Edited: 01/27/13 4:24 PM
ANT_P1989 - 

A true "Legend of the Game".

Say whatever the fuck you want about Rampage, but that man has had one helluva career! He's fought the best, fought in the best organizations, he's been a champion, he's got a awesome track-record, a great win-loss record and has proven himself worthy of being given the Title of a Legend

Quinton, if you ever read this, I KNOW for a FACT that you could revamp your career.

1. You can still take a punch.
2. You can still deliver an ass whooping.
3. You always make weight, so that alone tells me you are still willing to compete.
4. You're exciting and still a huge draw.

I'm sure I could list more, but what I really wanna see from you is a CHANGE OF TRAINING CAMPS. You still have a good bit of fight left in you, try another team, maybe AKA or somethin. Hell, even Jackson's MMA, to bring your wrestling back into question.

Signed, a TRUE fan of The Game. Phone Post

Erm... page missed weight less than a year ago vs Bader. And not by a little, by five frickin pounds
1/27/13 4:24 PM
32Hunter
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HandyDarsh -  He has that something that makes me tune in everytime, even if he did lose 3 straight.
I'm sure another organization is interested. Phone Post

^
1/27/13 4:39 PM
Drunkenirishfc
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GloverRampagedMyBrownEye - That interview broke my heart Phone Post
. Phone Post
1/27/13 4:55 PM
Rear Naked Chode
641 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I will miss watching him fight, and his funny antics.
1/27/13 5:18 PM
Doem
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pompei -  In my personal opinion, Rampage looked like he had great upper body movement but his legs seemed to let him down. He couldn't get strength from them as you saw in his take down "attempts".

I love the rampage but seems like the top guys have better athleticism and that's the difference. Phone Post

good observation,
it was obvious that he is head and shoulders above others at 205 in boxing technique, but he seems stiff at the same time. And he got tired pretty quick, that doesnt help.
1/27/13 5:59 PM
UGCTT_mousetrap
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GloverRampagedMyBrownEye - That interview broke my heart Phone Post
x100 Phone Post
1/27/13 6:05 PM
Ryan10
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know many people on here have certain feelings towards Page for the questionable things he's both said and done but you got to respect that he's put it all out there for us as fans his entire career. You could certainly tell that was a hard interview for him, he has been humbled. Hopefully we see him go out on a high note!
Always a fan of Da Haven 901!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.