UnderGround Forums >> Rampage: I might just be like Gary Goodridge

1/27/13 6:07 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Kanabull
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HexRei - 
ANT_P1989 - 

A true "Legend of the Game".

Say whatever the fuck you want about Rampage, but that man has had one helluva career! He's fought the best, fought in the best organizations, he's been a champion, he's got a awesome track-record, a great win-loss record and has proven himself worthy of being given the Title of a Legend

Quinton, if you ever read this, I KNOW for a FACT that you could revamp your career.

1. You can still take a punch.
2. You can still deliver an ass whooping.
3. You always make weight, so that alone tells me you are still willing to compete.
4. You're exciting and still a huge draw.

I'm sure I could list more, but what I really wanna see from you is a CHANGE OF TRAINING CAMPS. You still have a good bit of fight left in you, try another team, maybe AKA or somethin. Hell, even Jackson's MMA, to bring your wrestling back into question.

Signed, a TRUE fan of The Game. Phone Post

Erm... page missed weight less than a year ago vs Bader. And not by a little, by five frickin pounds

It's hard to make weight with a knee injury. I think it was the only time in his career. 1/43 fights is pretty good imo.
1/27/13 7:08 PM
I_Pulled_Guard_On_Kimbo

The only loss that he needs to beat himself up about was Jon Jones. He can still compete at the top of the heap if he adjusts his training. He's far too predictable. Phone Post
1/27/13 7:08 PM
Kneeblock
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HexRei - haha that's funny cause i remember in pride rampage complaining about goodridge, cause he wanted to be the only token black guy in prideFC

It was Randleman he said that about, not Goodridge.

1/27/13 7:20 PM
HexRei

Kneeblock - 
HexRei - haha that's funny cause i remember in pride rampage complaining about goodridge, cause he wanted to be the only token black guy in prideFC

Whoops! I guess its time to marathon the pride collection again...
1/27/13 7:21 PM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think its cool that Rampage is giving Gary a shout out. Gary was a hero but Rampage obviously was and still is the better fighter. Having said that i rather not see him at an gate-keeper role when he keeps fighting like he does. He will get brain damage and that would fucking suck.

I rather see Rampage go back to the drawning board and put a renewed focus on his wrestling. I want to see Rampage takes some dudes down.

I still dont think he will be a legit contender again but at least he would pose a more diverse set of problems,would still have a chance against upper echelon dudes and would minimize the risk of brain damage as much as possible.

1/27/13 7:26 PM
mijo

Chaelismyhero - I would not want to be Big Daddy. He was getting ko'd in ever fight it seemed.
Just like Liddell, Wanderlei? They got knocked the fuck out! Phone Post
1/27/13 7:46 PM
HexRei

ChokeEmOut - 

He made that comment in reference to Kevin Randleman you noob!

Someone already corrected me, thread noob! That makes you a double noob! Now gimme fifty girl pushups.
1/27/13 8:01 PM
LShaman

If Rampage can stay in the condition he fought last night, stay focused & continue to train and improve I see no reason why he couldn't have his name thrown back in the mix.

Muuuuuch easier said than done tho of course =/
1/27/13 8:31 PM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To be honest, that's the best Rampage's boxing has looked in a long time. He was confident, he threw combinasion, had excellent head movement.

1/27/13 10:33 PM
MarkRobinson
1203 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm still really impressed by Dana throughout these exchanges. I don't think he's said one asshole (brutally honest or flat-out dismissive) rebuttal to rampage. Sorry to see rampage go but it seems like the UFC has been pretty fair and decent to him over the last few years. He's one of the bigger stars but isn't exactly performing all that well. I'm definitely still a fan but I'd hate to see him fall further from grace.
1/27/13 10:53 PM
Silverball
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It sucks watching guys like Rampage and BJ Penn becoming victims of their own stubborness. Yes, they're older, but last night's fight was totally winnable for Rampage regardless of whether he's past his prime or not. Phone Post
1/27/13 11:32 PM
TexDeuce
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post
1/27/13 11:40 PM
themmaexpert

HexRei - 
Kneeblock - 

Whoops! I guess its time to marathon the pride collection again...

Don't you have anything better to do with your life? Jesus man sounds fing pathetic.
1/28/13 12:23 AM
Kanabull

Chaelismyhero - 
Kanabull - 
HexRei - 
ANT_P1989 - 

A true "Legend of the Game".

Say whatever the fuck you want about Rampage, but that man has had one helluva career! He's fought the best, fought in the best organizations, he's been a champion, he's got a awesome track-record, a great win-loss record and has proven himself worthy of being given the Title of a Legend

Quinton, if you ever read this, I KNOW for a FACT that you could revamp your career.

1. You can still take a punch.
2. You can still deliver an ass whooping.
3. You always make weight, so that alone tells me you are still willing to compete.
4. You're exciting and still a huge draw.

I'm sure I could list more, but what I really wanna see from you is a CHANGE OF TRAINING CAMPS. You still have a good bit of fight left in you, try another team, maybe AKA or somethin. Hell, even Jackson's MMA, to bring your wrestling back into question.

Signed, a TRUE fan of The Game. Phone Post

Erm... page missed weight less than a year ago vs Bader. And not by a little, by five frickin pounds

It's hard to make weight with a knee injury. I think it was the only time in his career. 1/43 fights is pretty good imo.

Their is no excuse for missing weight.

I guess if you expect him to pull out of the match.

If not. How do you expect him to make weight with a knee injury?
1/28/13 12:47 AM
Wasa-B
294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought Rampage went out respectfully and knew that if Glover had trouble finishing Moldonado, Rampage could make this a fight. It wasnt that much of a fight but respectable enough imo.
1/28/13 1:25 AM
LBH_RN
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll say it...I don't think any of his fights have been that entertaining since his redemption over Wandy. He couldn't finish Hamill...His fight against Rashad was terrible. idk how he won a decision over Machida. Jones picked him apart (i'll let that one slide). But get real...he hasn't really done jack shit since 08 other than pass by on name value.
1/28/13 5:50 AM
Y2JB

Neither Rampage or Glover looked anywhere near Elite on Saturday night. Jones could have fought them both on the same night and wiped the floor with them.

It's hard not to feel a bit sorry for athletes when they tip over the hill but Rampage has made himself impossible to like over the past couple of years.
1/28/13 6:14 AM
KZTT_W85
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_mousetrap -
GloverRampagedMyBrownEye - That interview broke my heart Phone Post
x100 Phone Post
Yep Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.