UnderGround Forums

Pro Wrestling Ground >> Flair refuses treatment for Blood Clot

1/27/13 3:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Barry_BondsMVP
879 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair suffered a blood clot in his left leg over the weekend, preventing him from returning to the ring in a tag match. The latest report suggests that Flair refused any kind of medical treatment after being examined in the emergency room. Doctors had wanted him to remain in hospital but Flair ending up appearing on the show at ringside. Flair is flying back to the US today and is still scheduled for a series of autograph signings in Las Vegas later this week.
1/27/13 4:05 PM
G-Hands
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what the blood clot
1/27/13 4:38 PM
Nuckin Futs
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Blood clots are nothing to mess around with. Very foolish of Naitch
1/27/13 4:52 PM
SamboMMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nuckin Futs - Blood clots are nothing to mess around with. Very foolish of Naitch

Yes. Chris Candido died from a Blood Clot in his leg as well IIRC.
1/27/13 5:02 PM
Big Baby 6942

Dumb. Flying is no no with a clot Phone Post
1/27/13 5:21 PM
grizz632
557 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/27/13 5:21 PM
Who's got time to get treatment when you could be ballin' around Tokyo with Funaki, Muto, Chono, and Akebono???

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
1/27/13 5:23 PM
SamboMMA

Big Baby 6942 -  Dumb. Flying is no no with a clot Phone Post

Exactly. Flying with a Blood Clot is what killed Candido. If I was Flair I would be praying the whole time.
1/27/13 5:29 PM
TheZa
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A very good friend of mine died from ablood clot he incurred due to a kner injury. Didn't even know he had it until they were operating on his knee and he died on the table because of it. 40 years old, newly retired, and left behind a few young children. Blood clots are srs bznz. Phone Post
1/27/13 7:16 PM
torubu
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheZa - A very good friend of mine died from ablood clot he incurred due to a kner injury. Didn't even know he had it until they were operating on his knee and he died on the table because of it. 40 years old, newly retired, and left behind a few young children. Blood clots are srs bznz. Phone Post
Sounds like Candido's story... crazy (for me if you've seen what I've posted) Phone Post
1/28/13 2:04 AM
roninthebox
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SaintVon Barksdale - It's not at all surprising to hear. Flair will die in the ring, and people will feel sorry for him and call it a tragedy, but it's exactly what he wants and it will be almost poetic.
Ether in the ring or in some women(he hopes both) but i dont think hed have it any other way Phone Post
1/28/13 10:03 AM
BigWilliam
270 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The clot could just as easily cause a stroke and ric will go from the nature boy to the vegetable boy. Nothing cool or poetic about that.
1/28/13 9:47 PM
Slydawg

Big Will, why do you despise Flair? Phone Post
1/28/13 11:34 PM
BigWilliam
270 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't like his antics and his bullshit outside the ring. Mostly it's annoying the way people go on about him.

But that really does not come into this. An untreated blood clot CAN lead to stroke. Ignoring it just proves my point about the guy. All that being said I would hate to see him end up another tragic wrestling story. If people think that somehow this ends like The Wrestler with a romantic fade out they are kidding themselves. This most likely ends on a plane with him having a severe stroke and being rendered paralyzed or some shit.
1/28/13 11:37 PM
RoyMunson
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm a Flair fan after his book, kind of.  The guy should have died 20 years ago with his lifestyle and PROFILE!

1/31/13 10:01 PM
grizz632
557 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Soooooooo...about that "blood clot"...

"Tokyo Sports in Japan is reporting that Ric Flair did not have a health concern that led to him being pulled from a tag match for All Japan Pro Wrestling on Saturday. Instead, Keiji Mutoh (Great Muta) says Flair "forgot to bring his attire in with his suitcase to the arena."

Mutoh claims the "health scare" announcement was a cover-up for Flair's "carelessness." However, Mutoh seems to feel that Flair never intended to compete in their tag match. Flair ended up appearing in Reid Flair's corner during the scheduled tag match.

Tokyo Sports reports that Mutoh felt a bit betrayed by the matter, and the health scare angle was created to protect Flair. The report adds that Flair got paid for his appearance and pocketed autograph money.

Overall, responsibility is on Mutoh, who has a history of misjudgments, and Mutoh seems to be in self-protection mode to talk about what he claims actually happened with Flair."
2/7/13 8:17 AM
Slydawg

grizz- Your knowledge and resources are endless. Your the GOAT on this forum.

Can you please tell me that dangerous finishing move that one guy used in Japan? You mentioned it has killed younger wrestlers. I think I recall this from previous threads.

2/7/13 2:55 PM
grizz632

After those kind words I feel bad that I can't think of the move you're talking about. I don't recall mentioning anyone dying from a move before Phone Post
2/7/13 3:41 PM
TheBearStare
248 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hmmm this is probably off topic. i also admit i havent seen tons of flair stuff but i cant help but think that a big part of his greatness is him just repeatedly saying it himself over the years and people eventually believing it and repeating it themselves.
2/7/13 4:54 PM
THABADGUY

TheBearStare - hmmm this is probably off topic. i also admit i havent seen tons of flair stuff but i cant help but think that a big part of his greatness is him just repeatedly saying it himself over the years and people eventually believing it and repeating it themselves.
Lizard lick towing. 10pm Feb 11. truTV

Must see Phone Post
2/7/13 11:49 PM
Augie Max
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMARoundup.com

Yeah, sure he forgot to bring his gear.

2/8/13 9:54 PM
grizz632

SaintVon Barksdale - I heard that this was all a misunderstanding regarding Ric Flair owing some Rastafarian money for weed that he has not paid for.

2/9/13 12:47 AM
Size

BigWilliam - I don't like his antics and his bullshit outside the ring. Mostly it's annoying the way people go on about him.

But that really does not come into this. An untreated blood clot CAN lead to stroke. Ignoring it just proves my point about the guy. All that being said I would hate to see him end up another tragic wrestling story. If people think that somehow this ends like The Wrestler with a romantic fade out they are kidding themselves. This most likely ends on a plane with him having a severe stroke and being rendered paralyzed or some shit.

You're not really going out on a limb there. Flair said a couple years ago on TNA (and you know it's a shoot):

"When I die, it'll either be in the ring, or on top of a wild woman!"

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.