UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Epsom Salt baths for cutting weight

1/28/13 12:03 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
yellow c0ckahlc
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JustDOit - 
yellow c0ckahlc - 

What's the best way to cut water weight fast? I don't have access to a sauna anymore, I don't go to Lifetime anymore.

turn on faucet

place sharp knife, blade up, into the stream.

Now, see, I've had many people tell me this was an effective method while others claimed it was unsafe.

Have you attempted it?

1/28/13 12:09 AM
canofsticks
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Am I the only person who came to this thread thinking OP meant snorting bath salts as a means to lose weight?

I am?

*shrugs*

proceed.
1/28/13 12:14 AM
frontdesk mma
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

canofsticks - Am I the only person who came to this thread thinking OP meant snorting bath salts as a means to lose weight?

I am?

*shrugs*

proceed.
Hahaha!

THANK you to everyone for their input and tips. Reminder not me cutting weight. Looking up info for a friend cutting weight and get some input about a new method. But I think he's going to stick with the ol' sauna this time and maybe test the waters out with salts next time. Phone Post
1/28/13 12:20 AM
BUFFGEO
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bullet -  Look up Polly plunge.
1 large bag of epson salt
Hot bath
Cover skin with Arbolene
6 bottles of wintergreen rubbing alcohol

Soak for 45 minutes it's usually good for 12-15 pounds. Phone Post

This. It's SOOOO much easier then a sauna and it doesnt kill you.
20 pounds is tough cut anyway you do it tho.

A water cut like that has a system you follow that starts about 3 weeks out though... thats the 'secret part' most people dont know or understand. if you dont fully know what im talking about then dont even bother going to the fight, you're not going to come close to making weight no matter how you do it.
1/28/13 12:21 AM
pcuzz

Before I would chime in on the guy cutting 20 lbs I would ask whats his start weight? 20 lbs for a guy at 285 isnt the same as for a guy at 190.
1/28/13 12:35 AM
Alumynabjj

Kostakio - Tip: Try not to have to cut that much weight in such a short time next time (I know people do it but it's counter-effective, imho). Phone Post
Do hot yoga to cut weight right? Phone Post
1/28/13 2:50 AM
useless
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can do comfortably 7-9 pounds in one day in a hot bath. Anything more than that and im not a happy camper. I don't even use Epsom Salt just albelone and warm water. I do 25 mins total. 7 mins neck deep, 3 mins legs all the way in, do that 2 times and the last 5 mins neck deep for a total of 25 mins. After I lay down wrapped in towels until im done sweating. I get about 2.2 pounds in those 25 minutes. Usually more at first than starts to taper off. Easier than a sauna but still sucks. Phone Post
1/28/13 3:23 AM
carcaju
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub
1/28/13 9:12 AM
OhNo
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I tried this once to cut 2 lbs the day of weigh ins. I sat in the bath until I became light headed and sick feeling, for me only about 30 mins. It took me an hour to recover from that since I couldn't drink water. I ended up having to light shadow box in 4 layers of clothing anyways since I lost almost nothing. I hated it and do not reccommend it.
1/28/13 9:22 AM
Seats Taken
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bullet - Look up Polly plunge.
Hot bath
Cover skin with Arbolene

Came here too say this.... And also too say it sucks.... And it's going to be the longest 45 minutes of your life... Until the longest 15 minutes of your life when you gas out hard the next day.

I used to cut a lot of weight; my last one went terrible and I went from this style to just adjusting my diet correctly so it's only a few pounds to cut at the end in the sauna. Fuck that 20lbs over the day before shit. Phone Post
1/28/13 9:43 AM
A.W.Ashford
248 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
1/28/13 9:59 AM
AK-BJJ

Sub
1/28/13 10:01 AM
Chris Power
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You guys are doing it wrong - you don't BATHE in the bath salts, or even ingest them. You give them to your friend, who summarily eats your face off.

No face? Less weight. You're welcome.
1/28/13 10:20 AM
Fight! UK Online
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've used baths, saunas and a combination of the two in the past.

Don't for one minute think you're gonna lose a ton of weight having a leisurely bath to relax your muscles. It fucking sucks because you have to have it so hot it makes you sweat copious amounts, and that's not nice. A minute feels like an hour and your head will spin. It has been effective for cutting water weight though.

Do hot bath for as long as you can handle it, and then lay under some towels etc. to keep sweating whilst your gear up for another dip.

Have a friend with you for safety, and to keep you the hell in there when all you want to do is haul ass out of there. Doesn't need epsom salts though in my experience.

1/28/13 10:26 AM
Triple_B
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hot bath
Cover skin with Arbolene

what weight are you cutting from for this?
1/28/13 12:26 PM
Bullet
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Triple_B -
Hot bath
Cover skin with Arbolene

what weight are you cutting from for this?
I cut from 230 to 215. Just like a sauna, it is a mental test. After tolerating the bath as long as you can, get out (the Arbolene will still be on our skin) and put on a sauna suit. Your body temp will still be up and you will continue to sweat. While in your sauna suit get under a sleeping bag on the floor or warm blankets. I keep my head uncovered, but I'm sure if you covered it you would sweat more. Shower off after removing the Arbolene and sweat. Go to sleep, and float a little more weight through the night. I did this with medical supervision, and this should not be something you do without knowing the risks involved, read up on signs of heat exhaustion and heat stroke. While in a sauna or epson salt bath you are depleting your body of not only water but calcium, K , and sodium that can affect the action potential of your heart. Phone Post
1/28/13 12:31 PM
Carrtrouble
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I refuse to eat salts that go in a bath, I have a feeling that kindof thing doesn't go so well Phone Post
1/28/13 12:34 PM
UGCTT_DontToewsMeBro!!

I believe Dan miller posted a video of him doing this for a fight. Lemme try to find it. Phone Post
1/28/13 12:39 PM
Letibleu
1473 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow c0ckahlc - 

What's the best way to cut water weight fast? I don't have access to a sauna anymore, I don't go to Lifetime anymore.

Bleed.

1/28/13 12:40 PM
dermotfix

Ask his girlfriend to tell him she is getting a pregnancy test done the day of the cut.

Should be good for 15lbs of sweat

1/28/13 2:18 PM
CV973

We do 20mins in The bath and 5 mins out. That should be good for 2 lbs every 20 Mins. When you get out wrap yourself like a mummy so you are still sweating. For 20 lbs you should start the night before and lose about 8 lbs and get the other 12 lbs off the morning g of the weigh ins. Use aboline. The Epson salt removes the toxins and water from your skin. Phone Post
1/28/13 2:23 PM
2JupitersTooMany
1568 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is the theory that the bath salts will make you eat yourself?  Intradasting.

1/28/13 2:29 PM
LiveFromThe7x7

http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog/2008/01/18/how-to-cut-weight/
1/28/13 2:39 PM
Bloodstorm

Bullet - Look up Polly plunge.
Hot bath
Cover skin with Arbolene

Bingo. I would probably try this the night before weigh ins the sauna out the last few the daybof weigh ins.

Make sure the bath is hot though Phone Post
1/28/13 4:38 PM
Fight! UK Online
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jose Aldo cutting weight in the bath:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xlgj0m_jose-aldo-weight-cut-battle_sport#.UQbvD2c8qFM

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.