UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Ab work on a slant board: still worth doing?

1/27/13 9:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Angle 5
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Back in high school, I had a slant board that I'd use for situps, crunches, leg raises, etc.

I sometimes see these things for sale at a garage sale or at Walmart at a relatively cheap price.

Is ab work still worth doing on a slant board, or is the current consensus correct that: a) they primarily work the hip flexors; b) better off doing squats, deadlifts, etc. for core; c) better to do stabilization work like planks; d) do crunches on a Swiss ball or Ab Mat.

I'm just wondering if Old School exercises as done on the slant board still have a place.
1/27/13 10:31 PM
Taku
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/27/13 10:33 PM

Depending on how you use them, they (slant boards) are fine. There is no magic in the "Plank" and other trendy moves. Train flexion, extension, and rotation movements. Some resisted rotation stuff can be handy as well.

TAKU

1/28/13 10:21 AM
Wiggy
208 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^What he said.
1/28/13 10:35 AM
Angle 5
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for the replies.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.