UnderGround Forums

GeekGround >> Death Battle: Superman Vs Goku

1/27/13 10:12 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MarkRobinson
1183 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reposted from the OG. Weve had this debate on the GG several times before. I think this was a pretty damn good and fairly objective look at the characters. Despite destroying the earth.
1/27/13 10:16 PM
MarkRobinson
1183 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Heres Batman vs Spiderman. 

Theres a bunch of other matches on Youtube as well. 

1/27/13 11:24 PM
Somerville Bad Boy
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That was actually pretty awesome! Thanks, MarkRobinson. I totally wasted an hour that I should have spent working on that.
1/28/13 12:58 AM
Juijitsuboxer
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AWESOME!
1/28/13 7:49 AM
junon
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nonsense.
1/28/13 7:52 AM
MarkRobinson

I definitely agree junon. Spiderman would have taken batmans head off with the first punch.
1/28/13 10:35 AM
paw
1369 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great find!  Voted up!

....and Goku is a badass!

1/29/13 5:45 AM
junon
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Goku was under powered.
1/29/13 9:49 AM
Leigh
757 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Those spiderman stats seem a bit off - run at 200mph? IQ 250?

I think the reason Batman wasn't killed with one punch is his bullet proof armour
1/29/13 9:59 AM
MarkRobinson

Running at 200 mph is off but his movement is definitely at those levels. He's swung through spinning helicopter propellers. Also Pete is one of the smartest dudes in the marvel universe. 250 isn't that far off. Especially if Reed is like, what, 320? IIRC. Phone Post
1/29/13 3:41 PM
Leigh
757 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The helicopter thing is ridiculous. Was it the Thanos-copter?

Pete should have an IQ around 150. He's nothing like the smartest guys in marvel. Reed, Stark and Doom are obviously FAR above him. So are Banner and Pym and a load of non top 5 guys. Phone Post
1/30/13 2:45 AM
MarkRobinson

Helicopter thing wrong or not, i believe ive seen him do it at least twice. Hes constantly moving faster than the human can react so thats pretty fast. if any of the street level guys should be moving that fast its him.  

I definitely disagree with you about him being "nothing like the smartest guys in marvel". 

Pete isnt that far off from the top ten "pop" geniuses in the marvel universe. Hes constantly impressing Reed and the others and even out thinking them at times. Recently hes been inventing up a storm including discovering alpha particles on his own (although Reed said he found them before, Pete found them shortly after working in a lab). Looking at the likes of Banner and how hes constantly in the top 10, Pete definitely should be up there as well. Hes probably got more intelligence showings that banner. This is a kid that created web-shooters and the webbing when he was like 15. He just doesnt focus on science as much as the geniuses. When he started working at Horizon Labs, he created crazy tech and recently controlled like a million spider-bots at once to cure NY during Spider-Island. 

Petes always been super genius. definitely above 150. Steven Hawkings IQ is supposed to be around 160. Pete is smarter than him by far. Its just never really been a core focus of the character. 

heres a scan where he states " Ive got an IQ north of 250 and can balance complex chemical equations in my sleep..." Super genius spidey is well established. 

1/30/13 3:04 AM
MarkRobinson

Edited: 01/30/13 4:34 AM

some more intelligence feats from spidey:

Pym admitting that pete is smarter than him

1/30/13 3:09 AM
Leigh

Stark invents iron man armour, including extremis. Doom creates a time machine. Reed out thinks Galactus. Pym discovers Pym Particles that can make you grow giant

....and Pete makes a glorified water pistol

Regarding the speed thing, why is he so constantly underwritten? Can't dodge punches from Wolverine, Captain America or even Frank Castle. Cap humiliated him in a punch up in Civil War. Batman is about Cap's equal and neither should touch Spidey even without the ability to run at 200mph and dodge rotor blades Phone Post
1/30/13 3:14 AM
MarkRobinson

Edited: 01/30/13 3:15 AM

glorified water pistol? cmon now, you jsut dont want him to be smart.

the fact of the matter is that those guys are scientists that work on science all the time. pete doesnt. 

Banners top 10. What has he created? Hes in the top 10. 

I dont have a reason why hes constantly hit. why is superman hit? its for plot. im sure youve seen me rant a couple times on here. Spidey is one of the most underwritten characters out. Even more so than my dude Thor. Its because the core of his character is to overcome the odds. 

let him cut loose and he decapitates his enemies with his first punch. 

1/30/13 3:17 AM
MarkRobinson

i actually hate that i had to drop Slotts ASM because he was really doing Petes intelligence justice. The ASM book as been really good over the last two years despite this rapist doc ock spiderman we have now. 

1/30/13 3:52 AM
Leigh

If we go by feats, we have to be consistent. Dodges rotor blades but gets clobbered by punisher, so probably somewhere in the middle of those extremes Phone Post
1/30/13 4:22 AM
MarkRobinson

Ok, Ill agree that if it was the Punisher operating the helicopter Spidey would get cut in half. 

1/30/13 5:25 AM
Leigh

Your examples on his intelligence is pretty convincing, so how come he doesn't have tech superpowers like his genius peers? Phone Post
1/30/13 5:55 AM
MarkRobinson

I guess its the same reason batman hasnt mastered magic and doesnt wear a suit of armor. Its a logical extention of the character considering the potential but it would kind of take away from them too much. 

Although, like i said, Slott has been writing the shit out spidey's intelligence. Slott put Spiderman in an environment where his intelligence could excell and Pete has been making some interesting stuff. 

He recently made himself a pretty damn awesome suit of armor with tech specifically designed to defeat the Sinster Six. Even Stark was impressed, again. 

He found alpha particles which created the worlds first alpha hero. (read: more powerful that omega level threats.) He accidentally blasted some kid with the particles and gave him the powers. Then when the side-kick turned out to be a little fuck face, he figured out how to completely reduce the energy.  

Pete also really decked out his utility belt, which most writers seem to forget he even has. now hes got acid webbing, magnetic webbing, freeze capsules, updated spider tracers, different lenses for his spidey light. motion tracing camera, ect. 

1/30/13 6:12 AM
Leigh

Batman uses loads of tech, especially uber batman that runs JLA. He does use armour when required, like against Superman and Predator.

The different webbing is a neat idea. I'm not up to date with Spiderman
1/30/13 7:00 PM
hendownz
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

junon - nonsense.
This Phone Post
1/30/13 9:08 PM
MarkRobinson

Leigh - Batman uses loads of tech, especially uber batman that runs JLA. He does use armour when required, like against Superman and Predator.

The different webbing is a neat idea. I'm not up to date with Spiderman
What I mean is that batman wouldn't ever be ironman of the DCU. Or he wouldn't become the doc strange either. Even though he has the mental capacity and opportunity.

Spidey uses his smarts quite a bit but not so much tech. In fact, many of his villains are geared in ways that he must beat them without physical force.

From figuring out the symbiotes are weakened by sonics or finding out how to beat a guy made of sand/water.

The thing that sucks is that his intelligence is off set by his jokester attitude. Instead of using his brain, he's often mouthing off. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.