UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Keenan vs Miyao was a Bjj abomination

1/27/13 11:02 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
checkuroil
215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gDg1Ia5-pQ Phone Post
1/27/13 11:03 PM
checkuroil
215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glorified footsie Phone Post
1/27/13 11:08 PM
checkuroil

Both are capable of such beautiful Bjj. Both are amazing athletes. What can be done to stop this Phone Post
1/27/13 11:10 PM
gusto
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

first 5 minutes was awful.

the back attack was good and the KCs pass was really cool

but overall, i agree. it was some weak shit
1/27/13 11:13 PM
170 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

you aint kidding,was going to post a Your world championship jiu jitsu player.

1/27/13 11:18 PM
liquidrob
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think there match from last year was even worse
1/27/13 11:23 PM
John Clarke
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The rules and scoring criteria really need close examination or the sport will continue to evolve in this direction. Phone Post
1/27/13 11:27 PM
H
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Once the action got started, I thought it was a great match. For such a smaller guy, Paulo controlled a lot of the action, the back take was really close. The guard pass was really slick and lightning fast.
1/27/13 11:36 PM
shen
630 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That is the kind of BJJ match that makes sport TKD players rightfully say, "That's some completely unrealistic sh!t right there."

1/27/13 11:38 PM
SpiderRicco

this is a suck
1/27/13 11:44 PM
Muffinho
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If I did this during a match, my world champion instructor would stop coaching and walk away.
1/27/13 11:47 PM
checkuroil

I thought they would start tickling each other at one point.

Sad thing is the kumite showed how Keenan can look Phone Post
1/27/13 11:48 PM
klif
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Helio was rolling over in his grave on that one.
1/28/13 12:42 AM
GrahamJ

Muffinho - If I did this during a match, my world champion instructor would stop coaching and walk away.

Your instructor obviously never raped a woman.
1/28/13 1:05 AM
drx604
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is there a name for this type of guard? Where they grab each others pant legs/shin Phone Post
1/28/13 1:13 AM
dokomoy
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This thread is pretty dumb and that match wasn't nearly as bad as you all are making it out to be. I mean I'm not going to argue that it was an exciting match by any stretch, but that wasn't some stallfest where neither guy tries to do anything. Double guard is a complicated game, but both guys were trying to work from there and the second half of the match was pretty cool. That back take attempt by Paulo was pretty cool(and the only other person I've seen have Keenan in that much trouble was Rodolfo so that's kind of cool too) and that pass Keenan hit was pretty neat too.

If you guys don't like guard pulling or double guard or think that jiu jitsu should be all about self defense that's fine, but then why even bother watching these matches? Sport jiu jitsu is what it is and there are a lot of people who love it and don't care that what they do isn't "street applicable" or whatever.
1/28/13 3:09 AM
checkuroil

dokomoy - This thread is pretty dumb and that match wasn't nearly as bad as you all are making it out to be. I mean I'm not going to argue that it was an exciting match by any stretch, but that wasn't some stallfest where neither guy tries to do anything. Double guard is a complicated game, but both guys were trying to work from there and the second half of the match was pretty cool. That back take attempt by Paulo was pretty cool(and the only other person I've seen have Keenan in that much trouble was Rodolfo so that's kind of cool too) and that pass Keenan hit was pretty neat too.

If you guys don't like guard pulling or double guard or think that jiu jitsu should be all about self defense that's fine, but then why even bother watching these matches? Sport jiu jitsu is what it is and there are a lot of people who love it and don't care that what they do isn't "street applicable" or whatever.
Five minutes of foot to foot isn't that bad? Phone Post
1/28/13 3:16 AM
tf1
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Eh...Keenan even went to 50/50 for the stall when there was a minute left. Phone Post
1/28/13 3:19 AM
JasonGV
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GrahamJ - 
Muffinho - If I did this during a match, my world champion instructor would stop coaching and walk away.

Your instructor obviously never raped a woman.

Goddamn son.
1/28/13 3:31 AM
elburrogrande
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wow great match. My guess most wont understand what actually happened. that wasnt just footsie. if you dont believe me try playing footsie with them. Great job by paulo and awesome pass by keenan.
1/28/13 4:20 AM
pray for japan

strategic match. great pass by keenan but after he got points for it he clearly went on the defensive to stall for the win. it was obvious he has great respect for miyao. i felt miyao was aggressive the whole match despite the whole "foot to foot" people are complaining about. it was just neither wanted to make a mistake early into the match but miyao was very aggressive from the start. keenan played a smart strategy and won it with the slick pass Phone Post
1/28/13 5:19 AM
Rival School

People don't realize that the reason this match goes this way is because keenan has fought the Miyao brothers like 5 or 6 times and he has a specific way of trying to beat them. Phone Post
1/28/13 5:21 AM
Rival School

If you stand in their guard there is a high percentage you will get berimbolo'd so why take that chance. People want an exciting match but to beat Paulo or Joao you can't play their game in turn not making the most exciting match. Phone Post
1/28/13 6:36 AM
Hywel Teague

Rival School - People don't realize that the reason this match goes this way is because keenan has fought the Miyao brothers like 5 or 6 times and he has a specific way of trying to beat them. Phone Post
Exactly.

And nobody has mentioned he put the other brother to sleep in the match prior Phone Post
1/28/13 7:05 AM
carcaju
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vid to said match Hywel?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.