UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Reverse Triangle....?

1/27/13 11:37 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Ben Saunders
694 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I want to thank Eddie Bravo for sending me some great videos on him rolling live and using his system and transitions the man is a genius and I look forward to adding his knowledge to my to my game...

I also want to thank Robert Drysdale who I also hit up on twitter to ask for some advise and he directed me to check out Braulio Estima if my interest was on the reverse triangle. Now to be honest that wasn't the kind of Reverse Triangle I was originally thinking or talking about. But after I watched it on Youtube it opened my eyes to yet another unorthodox yet proven effective technique. I replayed it about 10 times and then almost got it in Round 1 of my fight without ever actually practicing before Ever. Lol I may have ADHD but i learn fighting like a computer. Lol

Also quick props also to Matt Serra who showed me a Kimura series to add to my own series. Almost pulled it off Round 1 also. But live, learn, and refine is the name of the game.

I want to thank my sponsors real quick... for sticking by me and believing in me... and above all paying me... lol we see that not all sponsors are created equal so to me your support is Huge and means a lot on my Road to become a Champion. Big Thanks to

@1FutureLegend who will be the official carrier of my clothing line KB Wear.
@onnit
@mmawarehouse
@BIGBOYSMOVING
@SeriousPimp

and finally.... I want to Thank the people behind the Win... Bobby Robare, Jose Figueroa , Byron Byrd , Julien Williams , Jason Carapallucci , Jason Patino , ATT and everyone else in my camp that helped me prepare for this past fight. You guys are true reason I got this Win, Thank You!

To the fans I apologize for not getting the finish or if it wasn't up to par with my past outtings... all I cam do and kearn and use the experience to improve. As always thanks for all the positive feedback and support throughout my career. It means more than you all realize. And to the critics and haterz... thanks you guys most of all. Negative must exist for positive to exist so I welcome both. Just gotta man up and take it as constructive criticism. Lol :)

So for you guys... My question is.... did I have the Reverse Triangle? Did I just have to squeeze with everything I had... or was I missing something? Phone Post
1/27/13 11:43 PM
JiuKaraKwonThaiKungDo Master
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome fight Killa B!!!!!!! I look forward the the next ass whoopin you'll be handing out!

Bring the belt back to FLO-RIDA hahahaha! Phone Post
1/27/13 11:47 PM
MrNiceguy66
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Beez kneez! Congrats man! Phone Post
1/28/13 12:11 AM
Pride Wanderlei

MrNiceguy66 - Beez kneez! Congrats man! Phone Post
. Phone Post
1/28/13 12:19 AM
Ben Saunders
694 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks guys... wondering if i added too much text in my post or if no one who has info on the Question has yet to read it...?

Probably a combination of both. LoL :) Phone Post
1/28/13 12:50 AM
Krs10KO.com
348 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ben Saunders - Thanks guys... wondering if i added too much text in my post or if no one who has info on the Question has yet to read it...?

The UG has the attention Span of puppies on crack :)

Honestly I don't remember specifics. I do remember a nice scramble in Round 1 with A few triangle attempts and then going for the straight arm bar.
You're so active off your back so it's hard to keep track!!
Were you in NY? Thats my hometown :) Phone Post
1/28/13 1:01 AM
Ben Saunders

Krs10KO.com -
Ben Saunders - Thanks guys... wondering if i added too much text in my post or if no one who has info on the Question has yet to read it...?

Honestly I don't remember specifics. I do remember a nice scramble in Round 1 with A few triangle attempts and then going for the straight arm bar.
Actually "Tge Terror" was in Orlando for a vacation to Disney with his wife and kid. He got stuck for longer due to weather... So he did a Seminar and invited me and Arroyo. It was very good techniques I'm always trying to add to my game. We went and got some Grub with Din Thomas after. Good times with old friends. :) Phone Post
1/28/13 1:17 AM
Krs10KO.com
348 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ben Saunders - 
Krs10KO.com -

Actually "Tge Terror" was in Orlando for a vacation to Disney with his wife and kid. He got stuck for longer due to weather... So he did a Seminar and invited me and Arroyo. It was very good techniques I'm always trying to add to my game. We went and got some Grub with Din Thomas after. Good times with old friends. :) Phone Post

Nice! He is definitely quite the character. I may be going to Florida in March. I think im like the only adult who has never been to Disney. You all recovered from last week? Congrats BTW, you looked great! 

1/28/13 2:03 AM
Sparkplug303bjj
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Congrats on the win! Great fight. I really appreciated the aggressive guard game!

To address your question, that kind of reverse triangle, IMHO, is a low percentage finish. You have to really pull the arm that's trapped, as well as squeeze with more of a 'scissor' kind of angle. I think attacking the free arm is a much higher likelihood of getting a finish. It looked like you thought about a straight armbar on that arm, but I think a kimura on that arm while keeping the reverse triangle locked is probably the best chance at a finish there. Cheers! Phone Post
1/28/13 3:24 AM
burner22
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Throw up a gif/ video so we can see what your talking about Phone Post
1/28/13 7:26 AM
Ben Saunders

burner 22 - I think you can see it in this video about the 3:20 mark of round 1, or 1 min 40 seconds in the 1st round. However you wanna clock it. Lol

http://www.allthebestfights.com/ben-saunders-vs-koffi-adzitso-full-fight-video-bellator-86/ Phone Post
1/28/13 7:28 AM
Naderhood
810 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great fight, Ben. Your legs are perfect for any triangle.

Expect some videos from DanTheWolfman and expect him to take credit for any move you ever do.

1/28/13 7:33 AM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome performance Ben.
1/28/13 7:57 AM
Drewout
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ben I met you a few times on the Florida circuit a few years ago, and you were an extremely nice guy and I have been a fan since seeing you make it to the big shows. Have rooted for you in every fight except the last Lima fight.

Douglas has been a good friend since I met him fighting his 2nd fight when he was 17 years old on one of my shows and he finished a very tough and experienced fighter via armbar.

Hopefully you guys are the final in this tournament if Douglas get past Weedman (who has a win over Douglas a few years ago.)

As a fan, not being bias I want to ask a very serious question.

How hard is it to face an opponent that has defeated you previously?

Regardless of the outcome, I hope that you guys are the Championship fight this season and the fight is a great fight with both of you coming out healthy.

I wish you well!

Andrew
1/28/13 8:06 AM
Ben Saunders

Drewout - None. He is a great fighter and it will be an honor to fight him again if we both make it to the finals. :) Phone Post
1/28/13 10:47 AM
NomoRomophobia
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ben, it is a pleasure watching you fight.
Your ground game is very exciting, and its very cool to see that you are always looking to improve. Phone Post
1/28/13 1:14 PM
DaddyO4
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ben,
Congrats on the win. I am familiar with most of your training partners,especially Jose. We tained together for several months following Katrina as I evacuated to Orlando. Most of those other guys you mentioned have fought on my show in New Orleans and performed very well.

I can't watch that link due to filters here at work, but I will later and I am looking forward to seeing the reverse triangle situation you a referring to. If it is what I tink it is I have a very unorthodox finish from there that I have used without fail,even on blackbelts.

Best wishes and tell Jose, Byron,Julien...that I said Happy New Year!

Warren Donley
1/28/13 4:22 PM
burner22
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ben Saunders - burner 22 - I think you can see it in this video about the 3:20 mark of round 1, or 1 min 40 seconds in the 1st round. However you wanna clock it. Lol

http://www.allthebestfights.com/ben-saunders-vs-koffi-adzitso-full-fight-video-bellator-86/ Phone Post
Saw it. I hit that a bit in training, my coach told me the best way to finish is to come around so your in kinda like a north/ south position, grab your opponents leg, and stretch them out to finish.
Like the guy said above tho, grabbing a kimura on the free arm is a good option. Then usually you can roll them over And finish from on top.
But I am not half the grappler you are so what would I know. Good fight bro, good luck with the next one! Peace Phone Post
1/28/13 4:32 PM
DanEzra
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ben Saunders -  burner 22 - I think you can see it in this video about the 3:20 mark of round 1, or 1 min 40 seconds in the 1st round. However you wanna clock it. Lol

Awesome fight!

1/28/13 4:37 PM
greenseed
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

great fight Ben

weedman injured his hand
1/28/13 5:11 PM
Nexuscrawlers
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why is it only the Bellator guys looking for the reverse triangle? If you pulled that off, that would be 3 reverse triangles in Bellator in just the last couple years. Phone Post
1/28/13 5:18 PM
Sprawl 68

I thought you had it, but you've got long legs so maybe it was just the "squeeze" Phone Post
1/28/13 6:28 PM
Ben Saunders

Nexus crawlers - No your thinking of the "Inverted Triangle" cause yawe got two of those bad ass subs. Lol

But im talking aboht a "Reverse Triangle" but i personally feel there are two versions. :) Phone Post
1/28/13 6:34 PM
Nexuscrawlers
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ben Saunders - Nexus crawlers - No your thinking of the "Inverted Triangle" cause yawe got two of those bad ass subs. Lol

But im talking aboht a "Reverse Triangle" but i personally feel there are two versions. :) Phone Post
Oh yeah, you're right my bad. Great fight either way. Love watching u work standing or on the ground. Not a dull moment. Phone Post
1/28/13 6:43 PM
Ben Saunders

burner 22 - i think you are reffering to the inverted triangle also. Not the reverse triangle. :) Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.