UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Maia vs fitch

1/28/13 6:42 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BJ bashed into McDs mincemeat
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maia gonna sub him Phone Post
1/28/13 7:08 PM
Vale_Tudo_83
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im looking forward to fight maia has iooked good at ww. I think he wins standing and on the ground. The only way Jon win is guida style lay and pray.

1/28/13 8:17 PM
burner22
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vale_Tudo_83 - Im looking forward to fight maia has iooked good at ww. I think he wins standing and on the ground. The only way Jon win is guida style lay and pray.

Eh the more I think about the more I doubt fitch can LNP a man of maia's abilities. Fitch should have the edge on the feet tho, and that may be where he looks to keep it. Maybe go for td's late in the rounds. I hope it doesn't turn into a c grade boxing match tho Phone Post
1/28/13 8:43 PM
XFactah416
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If we get Broke Fitch vs ADCC Maia it'll be a great fight.

I can see both guys winning but at the end of the day I think Fitch will win 30-27 in a not so exciting fashion. Phone Post
1/28/13 8:45 PM
SHOGUN250
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just hope Jon Fitch is poor as fuck right now
1/28/13 8:49 PM
Darkstar95
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I see this fight playing out just like Sonnen vs Maia Phone Post
1/28/13 9:34 PM
UGCTT_LastCall
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Darkstar95 -  I see this fight playing out just like Sonnen vs Maia Phone Post

Only worser since Fitch is a bit smaller than Chael.
1/28/13 9:36 PM
irishrottie
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shocked maia is an underdog, he is going to own fitch if they box and tap him if they grapple.

1/28/13 9:39 PM
Jsteven
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maia has unreal triangles from his back, I could see the being the finish Phone Post
1/28/13 9:56 PM
burner22
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Darkstar95 - I see this fight playing out just like Sonnen vs Maia Phone Post
Fitchs sub defense is eons ahead of chaels tho. He is a legit bb, unlike chael, and I seriously doubt he will escape mount straight into a triangle like the American gangster Phone Post
1/28/13 11:11 PM
Vale_Tudo_83
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

burner22 - 
Vale_Tudo_83 - Im looking forward to fight maia has iooked good at ww. I think he wins standing and on the ground. The only way Jon win is guida style lay and pray.

Eh the more I think about the more I doubt fitch can LNP a man of maia's abilities. Fitch should have the edge on the feet tho, and that may be where he looks to keep it. Maybe go for td's late in the rounds. I hope it doesn't turn into a c grade boxing match tho Phone Post

I don't know man, I think he has good sub defense and very well could handle Maia guard but I hope he cant. I agree with you that it could turn is to a shitty boxing match but I think Maia hand are better than Jon's. Ether way it should be a great fight!
1/29/13 4:27 AM
burner22

Vale_Tudo_83 -
burner22 - 

I don't know man, I think he has good sub defense and very well could handle Maia guard but I hope he cant. I agree with you that it could turn is to a shitty boxing match but I think Maia hand are better than Jon's. Ether way it should be a great fight!
Should be a great fight for sure. I agree fitch might survive maia's guard, im thinking he might look to sweep from the half. He has a sick half guard game. Phone Post
1/29/13 5:56 AM
ortman166

burner22 -

Maia is a far better striker then Fitch Phone Post
1/29/13 6:03 AM
LastMinuteReplacement

ChaosOverkill - 

Maia subs him and gets a big feather in his cap

that would be awesome
1/29/13 6:23 AM
FullyLoadedFists

Fitchburg decision I know that to my is very good on the ground but I just cannot see fish ever getting subbed also I don't think the Mayas is stupid enough with his knockout power to be able to threaten with any sort of flash Kayla possibility. Phone Post
1/29/13 1:07 PM
knuckleballs

Anderson Fucking Silva couldn't put Maia away in 25 minutes. I think Fitch doesn't bring much to the table for him, but, i think that they are both pretty evenly matched, regardless.

It should be an excellent fight.
1/29/13 1:11 PM
disbeliever
534 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
knuckleballs - Anderson Fucking Silva couldn't put Maia away in 25 minutes. I think Fitch doesn't bring much to the table for him, but, i think that they are both pretty evenly matched, regardless.

Not sure if you're serious or not. I think the majority of MMA fans believe Silva could have put Maia to sleep if he had wanted to, and rather easily. The gap in stand up was light years.

What confuses everyone is why Silva did not, and why he was spending 25 minutes dancing around and acting the clown
1/29/13 2:03 PM
triso
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't care who wins just please no standup. I want to see a grappling match with strikes on the ground and that's it.
1/29/13 3:02 PM
knuckleballs

disbeliever - 
knuckleballs - Anderson Fucking Silva couldn't put Maia away in 25 minutes. I think Fitch doesn't bring much to the table for him, but, i think that they are both pretty evenly matched, regardless.

Not sure if you're serious or not. I think the majority of MMA fans believe Silva could have put Maia to sleep if he had wanted to, and rather easily. The gap in stand up was light years.

What confuses everyone is why Silva did not, and why he was spending 25 minutes dancing around and acting the clown

Actually, the first three rounds, Anderson didn't run from him, he hit him with the kitchen sink. Anderson only ran for the last 2. Yes, it is and was weird, but if one can take 15 minutes worth of what Anderson Silva has, than they should be able to take 15 minutes of what Jon Fitch has.
1/29/13 3:08 PM
MartialArtsMixed
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is going to be a stand up war.
1/29/13 3:11 PM
disbeliever
534 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
knuckleballs - 
disbeliever - 

Actually, the first three rounds, Anderson didn't run from him, he hit him with the kitchen sink. Anderson only ran for the last 2. Yes, it is and was weird, but if one can take 15 minutes worth of what Anderson Silva has, than they should be able to take 15 minutes of what Jon Fitch has.

I may have to go back and re-watch it, but I don't ever remember Anderson "hitting him with the kitchen sink". He threw shots here and there, but never really went into beast mode and engaged.

I don't have any doubt that if Anderson wanted to KO Maia, he could.
1/29/13 3:49 PM
knuckleballs

disbeliever - 
knuckleballs - 
disbeliever - 

I may have to go back and re-watch it, but I don't ever remember Anderson "hitting him with the kitchen sink". He threw shots here and there, but never really went into beast mode and engaged.

I don't have any doubt that if Anderson wanted to KO Maia, he could.

He broke his orbital bone, his nose, and made one of his eyes completely close. Anderson wouldn't follow up on the ground, which was his game plan, to stay away from the ground of the BJJ champion. Can't fully blame him, especially after seeing how easily he submitted some good fighters in Chael and Quarry. Now, why he ran in those last two rounds is the millon dollar question, but it should be mentioned that Maia was pushing the fight and wasn't butt scootting in the last 2 rounds like Leites was. At the end of the day, all we can take from that fight is that Anderson lit up Maia on the feet, wouldn't go on the ground with him, and was scared to fight him for the final two rounds.

Check out Maia in this post fight interview.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/4/12/1416802/demian-maia-post-fight-interview
1/29/13 4:08 PM
Drew_Akira
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MartialArtsMixed - This is going to be a stand up war.
I think you're right. We are going to see which fighters striking has evolved more. Maia has crazy subs though so if he can get ahold of Fitch it could be over fast. Phone Post
1/30/13 9:59 AM
UGCTT_LastCall
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maia will only stand and Wang as long as it takes to grab hold of Fitch...and then it will be a sad day for Jon.
1/30/13 10:14 AM
Mushroom Slap
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maia got worked by Weidman, any chance Jon Fish will runn the same game plan?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.