UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Attn Dfw jr: Please allow us Pride FC in HD/BR

1/28/13 1:30 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Downwardo
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Please, for the love of god, the casual fans need it and the hardcore fans MUST have it. Its hard enough to see the fights in reasonable quality.

Whats the issue? There could be money to be made, especially with the hardcore fans.
I want to see my boys Wandy, Shogun, Hendo, Igor, Fedor, and Cro cop in HD! Hell if they release BR dvd's i would buy them all. Phone Post
1/28/13 1:32 AM
I AM A MOFO
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I literally think about making this thread every day. Will VU.
1/28/13 1:33 AM
I AM A MOFO
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Especially the Blu Rays.
1/28/13 1:41 AM
TheVileOne
236 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What you are asking for is literally impossible. Pride was never in HD. I mean some of the later events might've been, but most of the events were probably shot in fullscreen and not 1080p.

As for Blu-ray, UFC only seems to release the compilation sets on Blu-ray anyway. I think WEC 48 and UFC 100 got Blu-rays and that's about it.
1/28/13 1:45 AM
I AM A MOFO

Yep, I don't usually buy UFC dvds but was pretty bummed when I couldn't get 139 on BR.
1/28/13 1:58 AM
BackAndLeft
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In for Pride Blu-Rays. Phone Post
1/28/13 2:25 AM
TheVileOne
236 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The best you can hope for is a Best of or compilation set. And it still wouldn't be true HD since most Pride events were never shot in HD.
1/28/13 3:33 AM
simonpe
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pride wasnt even filmed in 16:9 Phone Post
1/28/13 3:40 AM
i remember halloween
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The DVDs are still pretty good quality though.  More than enough to enjoy the fights.

1/28/13 4:07 AM
TheVileOne

simonpe -  Pride wasnt even filmed in 16:9 Phone Post

Right so any event in "widescreen" would have to be some edited, chopped up version and would look weird.
1/28/13 4:16 AM
time traveling 12er
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheVileOne - What you are asking for is literally impossible. Pride was never in HD. I mean some of the later events might've been, but most of the events were probably shot in fullscreen and not 1080p.

As for Blu-ray, UFC only seems to release the compilation sets on Blu-ray anyway. I think WEC 48 and UFC 100 got Blu-rays and that's about it.

Actually it depends on if Pride were filmed in video or on actual film. Anything recorded on film can be re-scanned in HD because film is higher quality than 1080p. That's why there are old tv-shows like Star Trek The Next Generation, that were never on HD but are now being released in HD on Blu-Ray. As for aspect ratio it depends on what it was filmed in. Lots of tv broadcasts recorded in a wider aspect ratio so they had some breathing room around the edges to edit things.

As I understand it though, re-scanning film to HD is really expensive.
1/28/13 6:55 AM
Bill Pharoni
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DVD is dead guys. If it didn't happen 5 years ago the chances are less even now.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.