UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Matches to make after UFC on FOX 6?

1/28/13 1:48 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1293 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

TJ Grant vs. Jamie Varner

Surging upward in the lightweight division, T.J. Grant notched the biggest win of his career at UFC on Fox 6, a first-round stoppage via elbows against Matt Wiman.

This was a huge victory for Grant, but he'll probably have to build up his name with one more win before he is given the opportunity to fight a top-five lightweight.

A matchup with Jamie Varner has Fight of the Night written all over it and would be deserving of a spot on the main card of a big event.

Pettis vs. Henderson/Melendez winner

The call is easy here. Pettis should wait and fight the winner of that April bout between Henderson and Melendez.

Glover Teixeira vs. Ryan Bader

Glover Teixeira proved he's more than just a prospect against Quinton Jackson on Saturday, but his win wasn't one that makes him deserving of a title shot or even a fight with one of the top contenders in the light heavyweight division.

With a fellow heavy hitter like Ryan Bader coming off of an impressive win at the same event, it would seem to make sense for Teixeira to meet the TUF winner in his next appearance.

read entire article...

1/28/13 1:51 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Clarence Parents
280 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd personally prefer to see GloTex fight the winner of Gustafsson/Mousasi rather than Bader.
1/28/13 1:59 AM
yellow c0ckahlc
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Clarence Parents - I'd personally prefer to see GloTex fight the winner of Gustafsson/Mousasi rather than Bader.

If Gustaffson wins, they only person he should be fighting next is the champion. No one else.

1/28/13 2:07 AM
Mauro Ranallo's Mic

Clay Guida vs Chad Mendes Phone Post
1/28/13 2:08 AM
shaqitup
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow c0ckahlc - 
Clarence Parents - I'd personally prefer to see GloTex fight the winner of Gustafsson/Mousasi rather than Bader.

If Gustaffson wins, they only person he should be fighting next is the champion. No one else.

Also IMO if Gegard beats him convincingly then give him a shot as well.

1/28/13 2:09 AM
ChaosOverkill
740 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TJ requested Jim Miller and Jim is not likely to turn it down.

1/28/13 2:11 AM
Darkstar95

Ricardo Lamas vs Chan Sung Jung for #1 contender, unless Jung is still wait for his title shot. Phone Post
1/28/13 2:11 AM
yellow c0ckahlc

shaqitup - 
yellow c0ckahlc - 

Nah. If Gegard beats Gus, I say give him one more fight before facing the champion. 

1/28/13 2:15 AM
Darkstar95

Mauro Ranallo's Mic - Clay Guida vs Chad Mendes Phone Post
Chad Mendes will obliterate Guida, he's not getting taken down and he's ALOT faster than Maynard so Guida won't be able to run a 5K in there. Phone Post
1/28/13 2:18 AM
Ip Man 81

yellow c0ckahlc -
shaqitup - 
yellow c0ckahlc - 

Nah. If Gegard beats Gus, I say give him one more fight before facing the champion. 

GloTex vs the Nog/Evans winner. That's the fight they will make, I don't think they'll go the Bader route, and the Gus fight is
far out I would hope they get Glover booked sooner than that. Phone Post
1/28/13 2:32 AM
NitroSantanaCFH

IMHO, Bader's not much better than Page. Styles make fights (which is why you have the results of Machida/Page, Machida/Bader and Bader/Page) but Tex just embarrassed Page and would do the same to Bader. Not to mention, popularity-wise, Bader's a step down from Page.

Let him KO the winner of Nog/Evans.

PIT REPRESEEEEEEEEEEENT!!!!!
1/28/13 2:35 AM
sodagoespop

Edited: 01/28/13 2:36 AM
Clay Guida v Warm Blanket

The winner? THe fans of course
1/28/13 2:36 AM
Shango Unchained

lamas vs guida.... let guida learn the real meaning of ground and pound Phone Post
1/28/13 2:38 AM
yellow c0ckahlc

Ip Man 81, I like that.

I say Bader vs. Davis is next.

1/28/13 2:40 AM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
869 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Guida vs Lentz actually makes sense. They're both coming off top wins over top contenders in the division but were not exciting to watch. Perhaps their 'boringness' would cancel out and we'd actually get a good fight out of it.

1/28/13 2:48 AM
LBH_RN
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GloTex vs the winner of Machida/Hendo would be pretty epic. He would KO Bader easy.
1/28/13 6:56 AM
Mismatch
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glover needs a better opponent than Bader. No disrespect to Bader but they're in different places in the UFC right now, Bader is 3-3 in his last 6 I believe and Glover is the undefeated prospect coming up. I'd like to see him fight Phil Davis. Winner of that fight should then get one more fight against one of the top guys and then a title shot if they win.
1/28/13 10:52 AM
Big Pookie
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shango Unchained -  lamas vs guida.... let guida learn the real meaning of ground and pound Phone Post

I like this idea.

TJ Grant vs. Raphael Dos Anjos would be a good fight. I don't think Dos Anjos has a fight lined up right now.

I wouldn't mind seeing Glover beat up Phil Davis, but the Rashad/Lil Nog winner interests me more.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.