UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Glover Teixeira will get out pointed on feet...

1/28/13 3:06 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
circulation123
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

..if he fights the likes of Machida or Gustafsson. I just think it’s a bad match up for these types of fighters with good footwork. Those two might even take Glover down in later rounds to score points. In later rounds, Glover’s concentration and conditioning won’t be the same as the 1st Round. This is assuming that Glove gets dominated on feet for the first 2 rounds with no successful take downs. I think these two fighters are perfectly capable of doing that.

With Rampages’ plodding style, Glover’s style matched perfectly for him not just for boxing but with take downs.

And if he fights the likes of Rashad or Phil Davis, I feel like he is going to get taken down at will and be dominated.

Of course Glover could improve his overall MMA game or even change his style according to his opponent but this is how I feel at the moment.

What do you guys think?
1/28/13 3:52 AM
Mauro Ranallo's Mic

Who's to say Glover couldn't take Gustafsson down at will and submit him? Phone Post
1/28/13 3:54 AM
Phisher

Edited: 01/28/13 4:23 AM
Stay Based - Machida says Glover and Kevin Casey give him the hardest trouble in sparring at Black House though? I think he'd do just fine with them two. I can actually see him knocked Gustaffson out as well unlike shogun he throws his shots with more of a snap and much quicker. Imagine Glover landing one of those hard rights shogun did on Gustaffson

I can't see a lot of lhws taking Glovers shots the man is a diesel

Are we talking about the same Kevin Casey who couldn't outstrike Lindland or is there a different guy that I've never heard of?

I just don't believe that.

1/28/13 3:55 AM
JetSetter

OP is an idiot Phone Post
1/28/13 3:58 AM
NorthFromHere
306 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com
Mauro Ranallo's Mic -  Who's to say Glover couldn't take Gustafsson down at will and submit him? Phone Post

What makes you think Glover would be able to take down Gustafsson's "at will"?
Some of Glover's takedowns on Rampage were ridiculously slow.
1/28/13 4:00 AM
circulation123

Stay Based - Machida says Glover and Kevin Casey give him the hardest trouble in sparring at Black House though? I think he'd do just fine with them two. I can actually see him knocked Gustaffson out as well unlike shogun he throws his shots with more of a snap and much quicker. Imagine Glover landing one of those hard rights shogun did on Gustaffson

I can't see a lot of lhws taking Glovers shots the man is a diesel

If it lands-sure I could see Gustafsson getting knocked down but I just don’t see Glover catching him. We will have to agree to disagree I guess.

And by the way I know Machida trains with Glover but that doesn’t mean there is 0 chance that they will fight.
1/28/13 4:04 AM
circulation123

NorthFromHere - 
Mauro Ranallo's Mic -  Who's to say Glover couldn't take Gustafsson down at will and submit him? Phone Post

Yes. Especially on later rounds. I just think Gustafsson will move in and out and stay out of power shots or take downs. And when the time is right, when Glover is thinking about catching Alexander with his hooks, Gustafsson can take him down. It will be just for points and there won’t be any damages or subs but it will definitely score points.
1/28/13 4:06 AM
yellow c0ckahlc

NorthFromHere - 

He wouldn't be able to, period.

We haven't seen it in fights, but you (NorthFromHere) know I'm telling the truth when I say Alexander's ground game has improved leaps and bounds since his fight with Davis.

The reality is, Alexander outstrikes Glover for 3 rounds straight.

1/28/13 4:09 AM
Mauro Ranallo's Mic

One thing's for sure, I'd love to see Glover vs Shogun. Phone Post
1/28/13 4:28 AM
MartialArtsMixed
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nobody has ever been able knock Quinton off his feet like Glover has. He will knock the blocks off other foes no doubt.
1/28/13 4:31 AM
shorebreaker420
1012 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree with the fellow above me Phone Post
1/28/13 4:47 AM
circulation123

MartialArtsMixed - Nobody has ever been able knock Quinton off his feet like Glover has. He will knock the blocks off other foes no doubt.

While the Rampage fight was a good platform to introduce Glover to casual fans, I just don’t think it was the best test for Glover. I even felt like Glover was holding back. Not going 100%.

We haven’t seen him face strikers with really good footwork. I know he trains with Machida but sparring isn’t the same as real fights.

And what about against elite wrestlers like Rashad or Daivs?
1/28/13 4:48 AM
circulation123

..and I forgot to mention the reach of Gustafsson. Footwork and reach of Gus will really mess with Glover.

1/28/13 6:02 AM
simonpe

Glover won't be able to catch Alex, but if Alex fucks up things will get intreresting. Phone Post
1/28/13 7:02 AM
circulation123

I still haven’t heard from you guys about how Glover would do with wrestlers like Rashad and Davis. I don’t think he has faced a good wrestler yet. At least not wrestlers at UFC level with decent BJJ and striking and overall MMA game.
1/29/13 2:54 AM
AbbottMary
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

glover has a limited range of strikes, he throws with great power but If he faced someone like Gus with some good odds id bet heavily against him, I just don't think his game is very well rounded.
1/29/13 3:06 AM
dermotfix
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was really surprised how well he did taking Rampage down.

I thought Rampage had this great wrestling pedigree and had forgotten how to wrestle.

This is because I know very little about wrestling. Props to Glover in that area.

But I loved how he gave Rampage the standup fight he wanted (while securing a few takedowns ftw).

If it  was his final fight, I think he got exactly what he wanted, minus the W.

The Glover fits.

1/29/13 6:25 AM
circulation123

Stay Based - 
circulation123 - 
I still haven’t heard from you guys about how Glover would do with wrestlers like Rashad and Davis. I don’t think he has faced a good wrestler yet. At least not wrestlers at UFC level with decent BJJ and striking and overall MMA game.

I think he'd do just fine with a coach and partner like Chuck.. a fight with Bader or Davis would be an interesting match up. I think it'd end up like Mark Hunt vs Chris Tuchscherer... well a little something like that

I really don’t think taking down or out striking unmotivated Rampage proved very much in terms of striking or wrestling. It was a good fight to introduce him to casual fans, sure. But that’s about it. We have yet to see him face elite wrestlers like Rashad or Davis. We have yet to see him face good strikers with good movements. Sadly, Rampage is neither of those. Not anymore anyway.
1/29/13 6:51 AM
NorthFromHere
306 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com
Stay Based - 
circulation123 - 

I think he'd do just fine with a coach and partner like Chuck.. a fight with Bader or Davis would be an interesting match up. I think it'd end up like Mark Hunt vs Chris Tuchscherer... well a little something like that

Glover vs Davis or Bader next please.
1/29/13 6:54 AM
circulation123

NorthFromHere - 
Stay Based - 
circulation123 - 

Glover vs Davis or Bader next please.

I like that! It would be a good test  for him although I would add Rashad in there as well.

1/29/13 7:42 AM
Olive Garden Table For One
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Even Rashad rocked Rampage harder with a punch.

Glover is an interesting guy in the 205 mix. I don't think his takedowns would work on Gustamante, who was able to stuff Phil Davis for 4 minutes straight and has trained with him since. Then the fight is a standing battle where one guy is 10 years younger, faster, moves well and far more technical. 

Glover-Davis/Bader is something we need to see before we make any more assumptions. 

1/29/13 9:09 AM
MediumRareMistake
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

circulation123 -
Stay Based - 
circulation123 - 

I really don’t think taking down or out striking unmotivated Rampage proved very much in terms of striking or wrestling. It was a good fight to introduce him to casual fans, sure. But that’s about it. We have yet to see him face elite wrestlers like Rashad or Davis. We have yet to see him face good strikers with good movements. Sadly, Rampage is neither of those. Not anymore anyway.
Rampage was motivated quit making excuses when the fighter himself isn't. Phone Post
1/29/13 11:24 AM
Jetster
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We have not seen him enuff in the UFc to really make any educated predictions i think, his next couple of fights should tell us more, he is definitely a good fighter but we need to see him tested more to see if he is Elite
1/29/13 11:25 AM
Jetster
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh and the UFC hype on him is again ridiculous..
1/29/13 2:20 PM
Olive Garden Table For One
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Shogun were to stay disciplined in his striking like he did in the Machida fight, he'd have handled: Hendo, Gusta, Glo-Tex, bascially everyone except Bones. But he's regressed into a predictable brawler. The skill and the heart are there, but he doesn't seem to have the dedication to be a champion.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.