UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Metal Gear Revengeance

2/20/13 10:33 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TSMontana
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/20/13 10:37 AM
bogle1 - 

Been a big fan of all the mgs games but this one is terrible, like a nasty ninja gaiden rip off

I wouldn't class this as a metal gear solid game Phone Post

Yes, it's called Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. :-)

I don't get all the Raiden hate. We get it...people wish Solid Snake was playable throughout the whole MGS2 game. Why mess with the formula and throw in this other guy. However, I think Raiden's story is pretty badass, actually...child soldier hardened by civil war in his homeland and not some genetic-enhanced clone like Solid Snake is/was. Apparently, also, there is a "no kill" achievement/trophy available, so if you wanted to play it like MGS, you could, in theory.
2/20/13 11:52 AM
bogle1
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TSMontana -
bogle1 - 

Been a big fan of all the mgs games but this one is terrible, like a nasty ninja gaiden rip off

I don't get all the Raiden hate. We get it...people wish Solid Snake was playable throughout the whole MGS2 game. Why mess with the formula and throw in this other guy. However, I think Raiden's story is pretty badass, actually...child soldier hardened by civil war in his homeland and not some genetic-enhanced clone like Solid Snake is/was. Apparently, also, there is a "no kill" achievement/trophy available, so if you wanted to play it like MGS, you could, in theory.
Its not raiden I don't like I really liked his role in mgs2 was a change, it's the game play, it's more or less just a hack and slash game, ino its not the same people that made etc

But I thought you would have been able to sneak a little bit at least Phone Post
2/20/13 11:54 AM
TSMontana
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bogle1 - 
TSMontana -
bogle1 - 

Its not raiden I don't like I really liked his role in mgs2 was a change, it's the game play, it's more or less just a hack and slash game, ino its not the same people that made etc

But I thought you would have been able to sneak a little bit at least Phone Post

I agree it was like the shoved a NG game into the MG universe.
2/20/13 11:59 AM
TSMontana

mjbreese -  Really hated the controls, but read an interview with the director of the game and he said he is aware of the control compaints and they will be tweaked for the final version of the game. Phone Post

Controlling the angle of the blade with the R-stick in Blade mode is so counter intuitive in the demo. I do hope they ironed it out.
2/20/13 4:49 PM
None So Blind
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The guys at Penny Arcade said they finished it in 3.5 hours :-O

That's just crazy. I don't care how much you tout the "replay value" - for fuck's sake, Ninja Gaiden Black was ~18 hours even if you didn't count all the times you had to repeat sections because you got killed. And very few games have as much replay value as Ninja Gaiden Black.
2/21/13 2:25 AM
superCulo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Excellent game, this coming from someone who thought it was gonna suck bad all along. Phone Post
2/21/13 3:32 AM
TSMontana

None So Blind - The guys at Penny Arcade said they finished it in 3.5 hours :-O

That's just crazy. I don't care how much you tout the "replay value" - for fuck's sake, Ninja Gaiden Black was ~18 hours even if you didn't count all the times you had to repeat sections because you got killed. And very few games have as much replay value as Ninja Gaiden Black.

3.5 hours, with or without cutscenes?
2/21/13 8:10 AM
DMC
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TSMontana - 
bogle1 - 

As much as I like playing video games, I really don't care enough to get really riled up about things.

Having said that, I do remember being struck by Raiden's effeminate appearance in MGS2. He had child-bearing hips (accentuated by his cat suit) and long blonde locks. And IMO he moved more like a genetically enhanced clone than a child warrior.

I do remember thinking, 'wtf is the story with this character's appearance?' lol.

The change of character itself was a neat twist and MGS2 was a great game overall but Raiden looked pretty gay to me tbh.
2/21/13 9:26 AM
None So Blind
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TSMontana - 
None So Blind - The guys at Penny Arcade said they finished it in 3.5 hours :-O

3.5 hours, with or without cutscenes?

Probably without, but IIRC they complimented the game for being a MG game *without* 10 hours of cutscenes :-P
2/23/13 5:33 AM
DMC
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah I like what they did with his story and in MGS4. He was part tragic wretch and part psycho ninja bad ass.

Ill definitely check this out as it sounds fun (even if its not a true MGS stealth game). Phone Post
2/23/13 8:06 PM
AdamStewart
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Took me 5 hours to beat, I was running around lookin for shit tho. I'm now on playthrough 2 trying to get S rank. The controls are awesome, for regular cyborgs hit them with a light attack first. Then go into blade mode and hit Y for verticle slice, or X for horizontal slice. I don't really mess with the RS I just repeatedly hit X or Y. Much more satisfying than just using the RS. Usually going into blade mode and hitting Y once will slice them in half for zandatsu Phone Post
2/24/13 12:54 AM
orcus

GAF nerds seem to be loving it, I saw a lot of "game of the year" posts and "best action game of the generation".

2/24/13 2:16 AM
mjbreese
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Beat it in 6 and a half hours, loved every second of it. Awesome game. Personally I prefer games this length because I will go back and play them many times. Once I beat a 40 hour game it rarely if ever gets played again. Phone Post
2/24/13 1:01 PM
invalid
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mjbreese -  Beat it in 6 and a half hours, loved every second of it. Awesome game. Personally I prefer games this length because I will go back and play them many times. Once I beat a 40 hour game it rarely if ever gets played again. Phone Post

What's really the difference? I mean, I like to replay a game as much as the next guy if I liked it, but if I had my choice I would choose a longer story with different content that just playing the old one I just beat
2/24/13 3:01 PM
Onikage

I'm enjoying the game. Metal Gear fans just need to go into it knowing it's a completely different game, only sharing a similar art direction.

I was under the impression this game was the cyborg evolution of Raiden we missed from MGS2-MGS4. I was thinking you'd start out more human like, and have slower battles with humans (similar to the Solidus rooftop fight) before it went into straight out Shinobi/Ninja Gaiden mode.

I think that would have been a much cooler game but whatever :/
2/26/13 2:14 AM
Onikage

Jeez this mother fucking biped tank boss makes me want to kill my own mother

I feel like I'm playing against one of those assholes in street fighter that back you into the corner and press the same button over and over till you die
3/5/13 9:00 PM
kid chaos
195 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Onikage - I'm enjoying the game. Metal Gear fans just need to go into it knowing it's a completely different game, only sharing a similar art direction.

I was under the impression this game was the cyborg evolution of Raiden we missed from MGS2-MGS4. I was thinking you'd start out more human like, and have slower battles with humans (similar to the Solidus rooftop fight) before it went into straight out Shinobi/Ninja Gaiden mode.

I think that would have been a much cooler game but whatever :/
Agreed Phone Post
3/6/13 2:34 AM
Onikage

Yeah I figured out you can easily beat the whole game just by slapping attack and the left stick towards the enemy the whole time.

Last boss is a little bit of an asshole, but not too bad.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.