UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Luke Barnatt TUF 17 'European Gangster'

1/28/13 4:34 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Fight! UK Online
214 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/22/13 6:00 AM

Chael Sonnen's first pick for TUF 17, Luke Barnatt, is blogging over at Your MMA. Dubbing himself 'The European Gangster', Barnatt has long been known as an interesting character on the UK MMA scene. However, now he gets international exposure with The Ultimate Fighter.

He also gets the first fight post-eliminations after a good win in the first episode.

Stay tuned to his blog. He doesn't hold back, it's a great read! Some of his nicknames for the other contestants include 'Wifeless Wonder', 'Serial Killer', 'Mr DOuchetastic' and 'The Jamaican Spider Monkey'.

The first installment is here, talking about making weight, the fights and his thoughts on the picks etc:

The American Gangster won the coin toss (obviously) and he decided to pick the first fighter. Being British I expected Chael to look the other way when it came to the name Luke Barnatt. I expected him to look at someone like Jimmy with exceptional wrestling credentials rather than a lanky British white boy! But in fact he saw the inner gangster in me.... and made The Bigslow the number one pick for TUF 17.

Then everyone else got picked... who really cares in what order? Only number and last place matters... so me! and then Dylan Andrews was the scraps left over that little JJ had to pick up. A 16-4 vet who has fought the likes of Brian Ebersole was left for last place... which was pretty astonishing! But when you think a British 5-0 badass who has only been fighting professionally for about 1 year was picked first, then you know it’s all fucked up!

Week 1:http://www.yourmma.tv/news/details.asp/id/2573/luke-barnatt-tuf-17-blog-week-1.htm

Week 2: http://www.yourmma.tv/news/details.asp/id/2586/luke-barnatt-tuf-17-blog-week-2.htm

Week 3: http://www.yourmma.tv/news/details.asp/id/2605/luke-barnatt-tuf-17-blog-week-3.htm

Week 4: http://www.yourmma.tv/news/details.asp/id/2633/luke-barnatt-tuf-17-blog-week-4.htm

Week 5: http://www.yourmma.tv/news/details.asp/id/2644/luke-barnatt-tuf-17-blog-week-5.htm

The Return (22nd March): http://www.yourmma.tv/news/details.asp/id/2684/luke-barnatt-tuf-17-blog-the-return.htm

1/28/13 4:58 AM
Bisping NEEDS to retire
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My pick to win Phone Post
1/28/13 7:23 AM
Fight! UK Online
214 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chael obviously fancies his chances too!

1/28/13 7:43 AM
Vitor Me A New One
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

'Mr DOuchetastic'

Definitely that Josh Samman guy... Phone Post
1/28/13 8:02 AM
dannyapodaca
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My pick to get hurt very bad Phone Post
1/28/13 10:27 AM
Fight! UK Online

dannyapodaca -  My pick to get hurt very bad Phone Post

Why is that?

1/28/13 10:40 AM
aka_rtotheoh
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gilbert will smash i believe Phone Post
1/28/13 10:47 AM
Fight! UK Online

He does look like a bit of a unit:

1/28/13 11:26 AM
Vitor Me A New One
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The guy Luke is fighting is a tank but he is very short... I don't think it was a smart matchup by Jones to be honest, I think they just picked Luke because he has some damage on his eye but I can see him keeping the Mike Tyson look-a-like at range and picking him apart from the outside.

Someone with the build of his opponent can be susceptible to gassing, Chael picked Luke because of his conditioning. I think this is an easy fight for Luke on paper, I'll see if I'm right in a couple days, lol. Phone Post
1/28/13 11:35 AM
cheesyfries
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vitor Me A New One - 'Mr DOuchetastic'

Definitely that Josh Samman guy... Phone Post
Haha I thought the same thing. Phone Post
1/28/13 11:36 AM
NorthFromHere
310 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com
Beach muscle guy will gas out
1/28/13 4:48 PM
Fight! UK Online

From the blog:

"Jones had stated earlier that he would put Gilbert against someone with good stand up and not so good takedown defense.

So what I’ve taken from this is, although Jon Jones has built his whole UFC career on the fact that he has the longest limbs in the UFC, he decided to put Gilbert (5’9”) up against The British Badass himself (ME!) who is 6’6”, because he feels I have 0 takedown defense even though I’m more like JJ than any other contestant."

1/29/13 4:07 AM
Fight! UK Online

Luke's video blog. He reveals he fractured his orbital in the elimination fight.

1/29/13 1:51 PM
Card
2123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1/29/13 1:59 PM
3rdLion
236 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

War Barnatt!
1/29/13 2:04 PM
shaqitup
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lanky colossus

1/29/13 3:07 PM
jj93
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Uriah hall = Jamaican spider monkey he also calls someone serial killer so doubt hall is the "killer" Phone Post
1/29/13 3:17 PM
FOX Force Five
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think I spotted a huge spoiler at the end of episode one.

I may have read it wrong though and I wouldn't want to spoil it for anyone else.
1/29/13 3:21 PM
Card
2123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1/29/13 3:27 PM
3rdLion
236 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FOX Force Five - I think I spotted a huge spoiler at the end of episode one.

I may have read it wrong though and I wouldn't want to spoil it for anyone else.

Reveal all my fren
1/29/13 3:31 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
839 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3rdLion - War Barnatt!

1/29/13 3:36 PM
FOX Force Five
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3rdLion - 

Reveal all my fren

If someone is going to hospital, who would be the last guy at the back of the ambulance as they close the doors?

Would it be fair to assume it would be a team-mate?

1/29/13 3:43 PM
3rdLion

FOX Force Five - 
3rdLion - 

Reveal all my fren

If someone is going to hospital, who would be the last guy at the back of the ambulance as they close the doors?

Would it be fair to assume it would be a team-mate?

Good spot but I think the preview was for the rest of the season and not for tonight's episode, I could be wrong though
1/29/13 3:47 PM
Pancake Syrup
549 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They're not dumb enough to put the ambulance part up for the first fight imo
1/29/13 3:51 PM
FOX Force Five

I hope it was for later on.
Show airs late Weds evening here and I'm likely to watch late Thursday after Judo practice - I tend to keep off the internet 'cos I don't want to spoil it!

Last few seasons it hasn't mattered as the fights have been piss poor but I'm hoping the show has turned a corner with this series.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.