UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Luke Barnatt TUF 17 'European Gangster'

2/1/13 8:48 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Fight! UK Online
197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

soldave - I've read so many ultimate fighter blogs but this is way better than all of them

great mix of behind scenes info and brutal honest opinions

2/1/13 11:35 AM
temp154226
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That was a stupidly entertaining read.

Thx OP!
2/1/13 11:43 AM
MarcVanBas
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good read, Thanks
2/1/13 4:54 PM
Fight! UK Online
197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

More than welcome chaps!

2/7/13 5:13 AM
Fight! UK Online

Week 3 and The European Gangster is back in the mix with his TUF 17 blog:

http://www.yourmma.tv/news/details.asp/id/2586/luke-barnatt-tuf-17-blog-week-2.htm

Topics are:

Embracing a spining kick to the head

The vicious cycle of bullying

Sonnen is an inspirational quote / speech machine

Massacre of Adam Cella

Fight Pick

2/7/13 6:46 AM
Bofbro
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So here it is, the only thing you’ve been waiting for all week, the third edition of Banter with Bigslow is here…

Today we cover:

Big athletic ninjas getting bullied, The American Gangster highlighting how important the mind is, and some bastard thief sneaking into my room at night and stripping me of every penny I have…

Episode 3 – Embracing a spinning kick to the head

So, interesting turn of events for the British badass this week. I got told off by my mother!

Apparently she is stalking my every move on the internet and has been reading these blogs. There were one or two positive things to say, but mainly the message was, “You were raised to be able to SPELL and NOT swear.”

She was pretty pissed, I could see it in her eyes, and around a dinner table with all my family she gave me a good telling off! Just goes to show, no matter how many big, scary, muscle bound freaks you knock out with your knee, your mother still owns your ass!

Anyway, following that, this week’s blog may be a little bit more “tame” than the others. If this upsets you then e-mail my mother with some abuse! I’m sure you can find her on facebook. But remember, she does have a massive son who will track you down and beat your ass if you step over the line. His name is Stephane, and he’s my big brother.

The vicious cycle of bullying

So in the main chunk of this episode we get to hear about Uriah’s past and how he used to be this stupid, lost in translation child who the kids slapped about at school. He has a very LARGE chip on his shoulder about this. He obviously got scared for life by some spotty, fat white kid who beat the hell out of him at school (see how I used the word hell instead of shit? Take note mother!) for talking funny and not fitting in!

The thing about this is, there are loads of people out there who get bullied. Kids pick on them, because kids are cruel creatures, but not many of them turn out to be bad ass, spinning tornado, face crushing machines like Uriah Hall. So dude, LET IT GO! Chill out and enjoy your Mutant Ninja Turtle skills that these bullies helped you create!

I’m sure those idiot bullies are currently barricading themselves in their houses, sitting in the corner of a room in the fetal position and crying their eyes out, worried you are gonna come play patty cake with your foot and their heads. OR they are walking around the pub telling people, “You know that Uriah guy? I used to slap the Jamaican out of him.” It’s definitely one of these two options!

Sonnen is an inspirational quote / speech machine

Mr Sonnen really shines in this episode with some beautiful, uplifting dramatic music in the background. He lets us all know that failure is not an option, whilst comforting Uriah and making him realize that doubting yourself is 100% natural, and everyone goes through it.

I never knew this conversation happened until I watched it on the show. As an athlete I thought it was a very touching and supportive moment. The mind is a very powerful thing in all walks of life, it can hold you back or unleash your fury on the world. With the correct mindset anything is achievable, but the pressures of life that surround all of us will always have an affect on you. Learning to overcome these is a very specific skill within itself.

I am a huge believer of the mental aspect of sports and my mindset is what separates me from the rest of the world, not my physical abilities. Because, at the end of the day, I am not an athletic specimen, I have the support of MMA Mind Power, headed up by Luca Senatore, who have developed a step by step process to learn how to use the power of the mind to reach your goals in MMA.

I’m giving away a downloadable version of one of his most effective tapes on my website www.lukebarnatt.com - get involved!

Massacre of Adam Cella

Anyway that’s enough mind control mumbo jumbo. At the end of the day, the only thing that mattered in this episode was Uriah’s blatant cheek and disrespect for the European Gangster. He didn’t even have the decency to wear a stocking over his head like they do in the movies, or even dress up like a real villain (I would have gone for the Joker out of Batman) when the cheeky bastard shafted me.

I had just started counting the dollars in my head when Uriah Ninja kicked it outta my grasp. I mean, what a WANKER (sorry mum).

So I feel like we should all group together, grab some torches, old school medieval weapons, pitch forks, axes, sharp edged tools, and hunt this thief down! I mean, it’s been a while since we’ve seen a decent witch hunt on the news, because Uriah is obviously practicing black magic with spinning crazy shit like that!

HUNT, HUNT, HUNT!

Who’s with me? I’ll slip the man who catches him a hefty pat on the back and buy them a McDonald’s whilst I sly off with the 25k!

But in all seriousness, Uriah if you are out there reading this, make sure you spend that money wisely. Maybe on some professional cooking lessons or on a couple of decent body guards like the dude out of Taken to stop the bullies from getting close to you!

Fight Pick

There was obviously a lot of chit chat from Bubba about taking on King Kevin Casey in the next round, Bubba was attempting to keep control of the competition, which was a pretty smart move! Unfortunately for him we are headed up by a pretty smart dude in Chael P. Sonnen, who didn’t take the bait and opted for King vs Collin “The Dick” Hart.

Collin lives up to his name by giving King the finger at weigh ins next week! And things get tasty, so tune in to find out if King can carry the Gracie Family into the Quarters… or if the middle finger throwing Dick can get the first win for Team Little JJ!

Hopefully there will be me calling people bitches and generally being a British badass, with some high quality fashion scenes! And more parts with me wearing ridiculous sun glasses that make me look like a douche…

Can’t wait!

Well done for keeping up to date with the Banter from Bigslow, it’s obviously a vital part to your weekly schedule and so it should be! No-one else gives you the outlook on TUF 17 you deserve… apart from the European Gangster.

I still feel The Ultimate Fighter should have named this season – 'The Bigslow Arrives featuring The American Gangster, Little JJ and 13 other MW’s.'

But unfortunately that didn’t fly with the UFC. I think they are missing a trick! Hopefully one day I’ll have my own TV programme, maybe a talk show!

Nice one!

Tune in next week!

Peace,

Bigz
@LukeBarnatt
2/7/13 2:56 PM
Kanye loves fishdicks
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good read, look forward to next weeks Phone Post
2/8/13 4:02 AM
Fight! UK Online

Always a top read!

2/8/13 7:55 AM
Allen Hood

I have him over Uriah hall in finals Phone Post
2/8/13 10:42 AM
Fight! UK Online

That would be a good fight - might be a dark horse or two in there though, talented season it seems.

2/8/13 3:37 PM
Bofbro
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Allen Hood -  I have him over Uriah hall in finals Phone Post

Or Tor.
2/17/13 2:14 PM
Bofbro

http://dukemedia-uk.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/sweep-leg-luke-barnatt-interview-ufc.html
2/17/13 4:03 PM
Edelweiss
241 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why didn't luke do a blog this week? Phone Post
2/18/13 4:11 AM
Fight! UK Online

Edelweiss -  Why didn't luke do a blog this week? Phone Post

I shall enquire for you.

2/18/13 4:34 AM
burner22
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Entertaining cat that englishman Phone Post
2/18/13 5:15 AM
Ben CQ

Him and John Maguire are in Portland training with Chael Sonnen at the minute.
2/18/13 2:12 PM
Edelweiss
241 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fight! UK Online -

I shall enquire for you.

Thank you. Phone Post
2/19/13 4:23 PM
Edelweiss

Fight! UK Online -

I shall enquire for you.

Did you find anything out? Phone Post
2/19/13 4:33 PM
RickStorm
1616 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Forum Admin
Ben CQ - Him and John Maguire are in Portland training with Chael Sonnen at the minute.

Training with Coach Scott at One-MMA

Plus taping for the countdown show

2/19/13 4:41 PM
FOX Force Five
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I really enjoy reading these.
2/20/13 4:45 AM
Fight! UK Online

Edelweiss - 
Fight! UK Online -

I shall enquire for you.

Did you find anything out? Phone Post

Yeah, he's just got to Portland and hopefully we'll have one for this episode :)

2/20/13 12:39 PM
Bofbro

http://mmaplus.co.uk/content-details.php?nID=806&title=luke-barnatt-tuf-17-blog-banter-with-bigslow-week-4-&type=ufc
2/20/13 12:43 PM
3rdLion
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He tweeted Bisping about going to L.A for a few days to train with him
2/20/13 12:50 PM
Card
1908 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://mmaplus.co.uk/content-details.php?nID=806&title=luke-barnatt-tuf-17-blog-banter-with-bigslow-week-4-&type=ufc

2/21/13 12:31 AM
Edelweiss

Thanks, guys. I'll vote up everyone when I get on a comp.

Also, I didn't care for the week four blog. Luke is trying to be the European Chael, but it isn't believable. Compared to his earlier blogs, this one was hard to get through. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.