UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rampage to Glover: "Now I'm Your Fan. Get Title"

1/28/13 7:53 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Rabid Bunyip
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not sure if this is from post fight presser or an Ariel interview or what... I like it, however.

Teixeira said:
"He's a legend in this sport, and I feel great going in there and having that fight with him. I stood up with him, took him down, did it all. I feel great about the fight."
"I beat a guy who's been in the top 10 for how long?"

"He's an ex-champ and a tough guy. Like Dana was saying, he was training hard. He was tough. He's so tough. He can take a punch.
"But this win puts me up there. I'm ready to fight anyone."

Teixeira then went on to say Jackson's gave him this message:

"'Now I'm your fan. Go get the title,'"

Dana White followed up with:
"I honestly believe that tonight if Glover was fighting anyone else he would have knocked them out in the first round," he said after the fight. "'Rampage' got hit with that shot, and not only can he punch hard, he can take a punch."

http://mma-bignevt1.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/jackson-told-teixeira-now-im-your-fan.html

1/28/13 7:55 AM
rjbo71
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hell Yeah!! 

1/28/13 8:00 AM
GregBell
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dont see it glover beating jj but I am a Glover fan guy is just fun to watch but lets be honest thats not anywhere near a prime rampage lets see Glover fight rashad or lyoto see whats what.
1/28/13 8:03 AM
GregBell
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Actually like to see how glover handles phil davis too.
1/28/13 8:12 AM
Larry Appleton

glover's good but lets be honest he only looked like a champ vs Kingsbury (not ranked)...JJ would own him Phone Post
1/28/13 8:14 AM
Olive Garden Table For One
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GregBell  - Actually like to see how glover handles phil davis too.

Great matchup right there. That would tell the fans a lot about Glover. If he can deal with Phil's wrestling, it would make the Jones fight more appealing.

1/28/13 8:18 AM
Hikikomori

You could see Rampage mentally break once he realized his punches had no effect on Glover. It was the same look he had when Jones kept kicking his knee and poking him in the eye.

Rampage was fucking ready but was no match for Glover. Glover even let him up from those take downs. Glover only took Page down to score points.
1/28/13 8:38 AM
Mike Morris
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dude is good and I hope he gets the title, but it's going to be very hard for anyone to beat jones with his pterodactyl wingspan. Phone Post
1/28/13 8:46 AM
SonnendbySilva
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GregBell - Dont see it glover beating jj but I am a Glover fan guy is just fun to watch but lets be honest thats not anywhere near a prime rampage lets see Glover fight rashad or lyoto see whats what.
Aren't glover and machida training partners? Phone Post
1/28/13 8:52 AM
Mister Collins

Would love to see that fight.
1/28/13 9:23 AM
Rabid Bunyip
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SonnendbySilva - 
GregBell - Dont see it glover beating jj but I am a Glover fan guy is just fun to watch but lets be honest thats not anywhere near a prime rampage lets see Glover fight rashad or lyoto see whats what.
Aren't glover and machida training partners? Phone Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7C1X8K9r2Y

1/28/13 10:52 AM
DOODE
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Their fight looked like a glorified sparring match to me. If Glover can't finish Rampage there is no way he can handle Jones.

I would like to see him fight Davis as well.
1/28/13 12:06 PM
SonnendbySilva
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rampage has only been finished once inside the UFC. By Jon Jones. Phone Post
1/28/13 12:34 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
517 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DOODE - Their fight looked like a glorified sparring match to me. If Glover can't finish Rampage there is no way he can handle Jones.

Why not just say nobody can beat Jon Jones then? Because outside of Anderson Silva it's pretty unlikely anyone will finish Rampage. Phone Post
1/28/13 12:39 PM
da Vinci 81
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like glover but I l don't think he has the speed needed to beat jones. Phone Post
1/28/13 1:02 PM
Bry Bry

^^that, Glover simply isnt fast enough to get in on jones and land punches..hell, Glover was missing many punches with Rampage, so hitting Jones will be extremely difficult..

Glover is tough but im still not THAT impressed with him..no way do i see him beating Jones..i see nothing in his arsenal to make me believe that..

Glover/Rashad or against Davis would be interesting.
1/28/13 1:28 PM
djones
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Davis is a tough match up for anyone, even fighters with decent TD defense 

1/28/13 1:41 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Davis beats Glover IMO.
1/28/13 1:45 PM
triso
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DOODE - Their fight looked like a glorified sparring match to me. If Glover can't finish Rampage there is no way he can handle Jones.

You just outed yourself as not knowing what you're watching.

And "if Glover can't finish Rampage" ... uh Rampage is notoriously tough to finish.

1/28/13 4:23 PM
Salokcin69
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

djones -

Davis is a tough match up for anyone, even fighters with decent TD defense 

Yeah, I love the way he switches his takedowns up. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.