UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dana White: No one Should sign w/ Bellator

1/28/13 8:14 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Hikikomori
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I saw in their argument where they said, ‘Oh, Spike launches pay-per-views.' No, actually they don't. That's not true. We did. What they're doing is, they're saying -- not as much Spike, as Viacom -- has been saying, ‘We built the UFC.' No you f--king did not. No you did not, you arrogant, pompous jackass. You did not build the UFC. We'll see if you did."

"This isn't one of those situations where you're talking about, ‘Poor little Bellator.' Viacom owns Bellator. They're the owners of Bellator. They pull the triggers. They make the money. They have the money, they decide what's going on over there.

"These are boxing guys, man," an exasperated White finished. "This is what boxing guys do. They sue everybody. They're always in court, every 15 minutes."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/1/28/3922486/morning-report-dana-white-fighters-think-long-and-hard-signing-bellator-ufc-on-fox-6-results
1/28/13 8:16 AM
DamnSevern
1192 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IT BEGINS

1/28/13 8:22 AM
Hikikomori
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DamnSevern - 

IT BEGINS

It already started when Zuffa sued Bellator and Pavia over stealing contract language.

Rebney aint nothing to be fucked with though. The guy is an animal. Rebney help make De La Hoya who he is today and had a horrible falling out with Sugar Ray Leonard.

Rebeny IS about that life.
1/28/13 8:56 AM
Lobo8
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bellator is a great platform to build your name up. But the lock down is going make fighters think twice. Hopefully eddie wins his court battle. It should set a precedent for how this matching issue will be settled. If eddie is able to escape then it wont be long before michael chandler leaves too. A competitor like him is eventually going to get bored of beating up all these lesser opponents
1/28/13 9:03 AM
DrJRubenstein

Lobo8 - Bellator is a great platform to build your name up. But the lock down is going make fighters think twice. Hopefully eddie wins his court battle. It should set a precedent for how this matching issue will be settled. If eddie is able to escape then it wont be long before michael chandler leaves too. A competitor like him is eventually going to get bored of beating up all these lesser opponents

AFTER Eddie wins his court proceedings, you can say goodbye to a great number of Bellator fighters.  In my opinion, andf I have spoken with many fighters, they will be escaping as soon as they have the opputunity so that this doesn't happen to them.

Chandler, Curran, The Pitbull Brothers, and especially Ben Askren will all be making the move soon.  Let Askren finish a couple more opponents and watch people start salivating over a GSP/Askren fight.  I think he has a real chance to win that fight soon.

What Bellator is doing to Eddie is very very very bad for them in the long term, whether they win or lose.  Especially if they win, because I don't see Eddie EVER fighting in a Bellator cage again no matter what happens in court.

1/28/13 9:10 AM
ChaosOverkill
558 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/28/13 9:10 AM

Damn Severn now has 666 votes up lol

DamnSevern 666

Bellator is going to become purgatory for fighters

1/28/13 9:20 AM
Delightone
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shit just got real.......

Bellator just moved in to "i'm going to buy your ass, and disolve you town"
1/28/13 9:26 AM
AK-BJJ

DrJRubenstein - 
Lobo8 - Bellator is a great platform to build your name up. But the lock down is going make fighters think twice. Hopefully eddie wins his court battle. It should set a precedent for how this matching issue will be settled. If eddie is able to escape then it wont be long before michael chandler leaves too. A competitor like him is eventually going to get bored of beating up all these lesser opponents

AFTER Eddie wins his court proceedings, you can say goodbye to a great number of Bellator fighters.  In my opinion, andf I have spoken with many fighters, they will be escaping as soon as they have the opputunity so that this doesn't happen to them.

Chandler, Curran, The Pitbull Brothers, and especially Ben Askren will all be making the move soon.  Let Askren finish a couple more opponents and watch people start salivating over a GSP/Askren fight.  I think he has a real chance to win that fight soon.

What Bellator is doing to Eddie is very very very bad for them in the long term, whether they win or lose.  Especially if they win, because I don't see Eddie EVER fighting in a Bellator cage again no matter what happens in court.

Don't they have a champion clause though even if Eddie wins? That's what would discourage me. You go there, become the best there and then are stuck.

I am far from a Zuffa schill, but Dana is probably right here
1/28/13 9:36 AM
Granpa
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So no Alvarez in UFC?
1/28/13 9:43 AM
Pride Wanderlei

I used to love Bellator. I understand that they want to keep star power, but they need to understand the UFC is the big show and some of these guys are just trying to make a living to support familes and live comfortable lives. Im not sure I can agree with Bellator on this. Phone Post
1/28/13 9:46 AM
ChaosOverkill
558 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pride Wanderlei -  I used to love Bellator. I understand that they want to keep star power, but they need to understand the UFC is the big show and some of these guys are just trying to make a living to support familes and live comfortable lives. Im not sure I can agree with Bellator on this. Phone Post

Yeah but remember like Dana Said it's Viacom and boxing people now pulling the strings, and the network wars are ugly and about Billionaires penis measuring fights.

The little people are irrelevant to them

1/28/13 9:59 AM
Arecsa
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"This is what boxing guys do. They sue everybody. They're always in court, every 15 minutes."

Um, pretty sure that is what the UFC do too. I've lost count at the amount of lawsuits the UFC have tossed at everybody.
1/28/13 10:03 AM
time traveling 12er
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sort of a chicken and the egg issue here. They need to be bigger to keep their best fighters, but they have to keep their best fighters to get bigger. It's the basic situation that any non-UFC promotion has to face. The only way to compete is either pay more or to offer something the ufc doesn't, like Invicta.
1/28/13 10:15 AM
SealTeam69
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My history may be a little off, but didn't Zuffa do the same thing to Couture? Phone Post
1/28/13 10:24 AM
Garv
301 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fightersbook.com, Get Connected

If there was no Bellator, Eddie Alverez would not be in the great financial position he's in right now.  The best friend to a fighter's wallet is competing orgs. 

1/28/13 10:25 AM
DrJRubenstein

SealTeam69 -  My history may be a little off, but didn't Zuffa do the same thing to Couture? Phone Post

No, Couture was under contract when he wanted to "retire" and fight for Affliction.

Eddie is not currently under contract to anyone.  The argument is matching rights and what exactly has to be matched.

1/28/13 10:29 AM
ShakeR_

Sorry I'm out the loop, but what does Invicta offer that the uFC doesn't? Phone Post
1/28/13 10:33 AM
GunnarWreckedMyAssHAOLE

Rebney is boxing scum, Id go full hulksmash on him if I was Dana, one press release saying anyone who fights for Bellator is noyt eligible to fight for Zuffa

1/28/13 10:43 AM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
296 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Spike built the UFC.

How?

Let's see, they took a chance on TUF.

WWE built the UFC?

How?

Let's see, their viewers stayed after Monday Night RAW to watch TUF and they stuck around because Chris Leben -Josh Koscheck was pro wrestling.

So, yeah.

It wasn't Dana or the fights or Ken Shamrock or Tito or else UFC 40 would be Bonnar-Griffin.

It was TUF which succeeded because Spike took a chance and the UFC had WWE as a lead-in.

Has the UFC done great things since?

Yep.

But they ought not forget that it was WWE fans who made them.

You know, the same ones who made Lesnar a million buy PPV draw. Phone Post
1/28/13 10:44 AM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
296 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Those wrestling fans were brought to the UFC by TUF because of Monday Night Raw and Spike tv.

Had TUF aired on a Tuesday, this may never have happened.

So, the UFC owes Spike AND WWE.

If Vince knew what he knows now, he never would have let Spike air TUF after his show. Phone Post
1/28/13 10:47 AM
Stea1th

Judges need to really look at this and make sure fighters are the ones who can control where they want to go. Sure you can have contracts that say you won't fight for forever while your in a organization. However when you contract is over and you've reached your number of fights you should not be held back by anyone. If you want to go fight for ufc or bellator there shouldn't be any issues. This contract match bullshit is a nightmare. Phone Post
1/28/13 10:55 AM
JeffersonDArcyChoke

Dana using his press conference to summarily threaten free agent fighters is far worse than Rebney and Bellator trying to retain a top talent.

He may as well have used the hack line "You'll never work in this town again" and had a guy slapping a baseball bat in the corner. Phone Post
1/28/13 11:02 AM
johnonguitar7

Lol @ the shit the UG gets hurt in the bottom over.

This is just business. Backed by major networks business.

Relax and worry about real life problems fellers Phone Post
1/28/13 11:07 AM
JOESONDO
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JeffersonDArcyChoke -  Spike built the UFC.

How?

Let's see, they took a chance on TUF.

WWE built the UFC?

How?

Let's see, their viewers stayed after Monday Night RAW to watch TUF and they stuck around because Chris Leben -Josh Koscheck was pro wrestling.

So, yeah.

It wasn't Dana or the fights or Ken Shamrock or Tito or else UFC 40 would be Bonnar-Griffin.

It was TUF which succeeded because Spike took a chance and the UFC had WWE as a lead-in.

Has the UFC done great things since?

Yep.

But they ought not forget that it was WWE fans who made them.

You know, the same ones who made Lesnar a million buy PPV draw. Phone Post

This is true. While I have no horse in this race, Dana should remember who brought him to the dance. He used to say what an important part of the UFC's success was Spike and they couldn't have succeeded without them. Now he publicly dumps all over them because they are a competing network. He should avoid all that talk and try to keep professional. Say what a great opportunity it would be for Alverez to fight on Fox in front of over 3 million viewers but avoid saying anything bad about Spike. Burning bridges is bad for business.
1/28/13 11:15 AM
Letibleu
1662 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Opps, I was looking for the logic thread. sorry to bother you. As you were...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.