UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jones: I don't think a lot of fighters like me

1/28/13 11:53 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

1/28/13 11:55 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
vaginal tear
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think people in general like you. Phone Post
1/28/13 11:55 AM
91W209
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In for later. Phone Post
1/28/13 11:56 AM
UGCTT_Blake
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

vaginal tear - I don't think people in general like you. Phone Post
This Phone Post
1/28/13 11:59 AM
ChaosOverkill
519 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think the pulling out of that card really sits well with most fighters no

1/28/13 12:04 PM
TheBigBadBootyDaddy
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How can people hate such a good Christian man? Phone Post
1/28/13 12:12 PM
Zed Wayne Zed
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who cares either way.

The only time Jones is on my screen is when he is fighting or when I watch an interview leading up to a fight.

I feel happy with my current moral compass,
so I will only watch Mr. Jones as an admirer of his talents.

And to the other fighters, instead of not liking him,
how about you try to replicate this guy.

Even if you think he is a prick,
he'll go down as one of the best ever.
1/28/13 12:13 PM
disbeliever
334 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
LEKS -  I don't know why? He's a excellent fighter, most of his wins are finishes, always confident and backs it up. That being said
I don't like him either.... Phone Post

1/28/13 12:16 PM
DamnSevern
1191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^LOL

1/28/13 12:27 PM
Utah get me two
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fucking insightful commentary, Mr. Jones. Really.
1/28/13 12:28 PM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

disbeliever - 
LEKS -  I don't know why? He's a excellent fighter, most of his wins are finishes, always confident and backs it up. That being said

Post of the week. VU

1/28/13 12:30 PM
GrilliamG
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I dunno how people can dislike the guy unless they invest too much stock into the random glimpses we get of the guys life off stage. Though I guess seeing him run full sprint through a lot of legendary/favorite fighters with relative ease could sour people's opinion of him. I think he's absolutely phenomenal though, and we're lucky have seen/get to see the rise of such a talented motherfucker.
1/28/13 12:31 PM
GloverRampagedMyBrownEye
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

X100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 Phone Post
1/28/13 12:32 PM
Bisping decisioned my SN

UGCTT_Blake -
This Phone Post
I don't think he cares. Actually I take that back he probably does because he's a good guy but he shouldn't Phone Post
1/28/13 1:13 PM
dahosse
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't get the hate. Jones is fine. Nothing wrong with this kid. Phone Post
1/28/13 1:16 PM
CraneFu
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I kept calling Bones "Chael" on Saturday and asking to buy him a drink. He then called me an Ass Hole! Greatest night of my life.
1/28/13 1:44 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He was real cordial to me.
1/28/13 1:48 PM
crumbs
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fighters dont like him for the same reason most people dont like him, he's fake.

at the same time ,the people who dont like him wouldnt bet against him, its simple, your a great fighter, but that doesnt mean i have to like you as a person.
1/28/13 1:49 PM
Death Beast

Chasen - I don't understand why people don't like him really. Throughout this whole 20 minute interview he comes off as nothing but a great guy. He pulled out of a card, which Henderson should get alot more of the blame for that, and he got a DUI. He isn't going to be a perfect person no matter how near his fighting is to perfection, and its unfair to expect it of him.

The hate started WAAAAAY before the DUI anyway. I think it really got heavy when he signed autographs as "UFC Champ" before he beat Shogun, but he went out and destroyed Shogun anyway so who really cares. Then the Rashad stuff happened and more hate got piled on because Rashad kept calling him fake etc., but considering Rashad's own unpopularity I don't get why that made Jones less popular either.
Seems like people were mad that he wasn't just acting cocky, when everyone knew he really was. So by trying to put out a nicer public image, people turned against him. But if he just acted cocky, people would've hated him anyway so he was damned either way.
1/28/13 1:52 PM
Death Beast

Edited: 01/28/13 1:52 PM
Double Post
1/28/13 1:54 PM
PrettyBoy
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighters screw they face up at him... On some real shit son they don't want beef. Phone Post
1/28/13 2:12 PM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I never disliked Jones. He got to much slack. His turning down Chael was a little annoying but its also a progression of MMA as a sport. I personally am more admiring of the old school warrior spirit but rationally i could understand Jones choice in the matter.

What annoyed my about Jones was the preaching. But coming from a pretty secular society (i am from Amsterdam,the Netherlands),even though i am catholic, all this emphasis on religion not something i can stand to easily. I could understand Jones stance on the whole christian thing because of his father but still. The problem with is,according to my humble opinion,is that it opens you up  to criticism when you are not a saint. Jones clearly isnt  (most of us arent) so i am glad he toned that down a little.

Having said all this. I think Jones is a pretty cool laid back dude. He might be a little cocky but he isn't to terrible so. It kind of suprised me that a lot of others do not like him. Because i do think that if people delve into his character a little more i think both fighter will find him a good dude.

1/28/13 2:57 PM
NotJustA12er

LEKS - I don't know why? He's a excellent fighter, most of his wins are finishes, always confident and backs it up. That being said
Lol

Love this post ! Phone Post
1/28/13 3:03 PM
i remember halloween

I met Jones briefly and he was very nice and out going to my wife and I.  Way cooler than guys like Gray Maynard and Phil Baroni who both acted like pompous assholes.

1/28/13 3:07 PM
TheRaider
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Death Beast - 
Chasen - I don't understand why people don't like him really. Throughout this whole 20 minute interview he comes off as nothing but a great guy. He pulled out of a card, which Henderson should get alot more of the blame for that, and he got a DUI. He isn't going to be a perfect person no matter how near his fighting is to perfection, and its unfair to expect it of him.

The hate started WAAAAAY before the DUI anyway. I think it really got heavy when he signed autographs as "UFC Champ" before he beat Shogun, but he went out and destroyed Shogun anyway so who really cares. Then the Rashad stuff happened and more hate got piled on because Rashad kept calling him fake etc., but considering Rashad's own unpopularity I don't get why that made Jones less popular either.
Seems like people were mad that he wasn't just acting cocky, when everyone knew he really was. So by trying to put out a nicer public image, people turned against him. But if he just acted cocky, people would've hated him anyway so he was damned either way.

Really? You don't understand why throwing someone under the bus that you had previously referred to as a good friend and someone that you would never consider fighting made him less popular?

It wouldn't matter if Rashad was at a Mike Kyle level of unpopularity, that was one of the lamest moves ever. You don't treat your friends that way.

I think that is the main reason to dislike him. All the other things where bad(DUI was very bad and dangerous) or annoying(the cockiness), but that one stands out to me.

If he could swallow his pride and ask Rashad for his forgiveness, I think it would do a lot for him.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.