UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jones: I don't think a lot of fighters like me

1/28/13 3:09 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Phisher
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheRaider - 
Death Beast - 
Chasen - I don't understand why people don't like him really. Throughout this whole 20 minute interview he comes off as nothing but a great guy. He pulled out of a card, which Henderson should get alot more of the blame for that, and he got a DUI. He isn't going to be a perfect person no matter how near his fighting is to perfection, and its unfair to expect it of him.

The hate started WAAAAAY before the DUI anyway. I think it really got heavy when he signed autographs as "UFC Champ" before he beat Shogun, but he went out and destroyed Shogun anyway so who really cares. Then the Rashad stuff happened and more hate got piled on because Rashad kept calling him fake etc., but considering Rashad's own unpopularity I don't get why that made Jones less popular either.
Seems like people were mad that he wasn't just acting cocky, when everyone knew he really was. So by trying to put out a nicer public image, people turned against him. But if he just acted cocky, people would've hated him anyway so he was damned either way.

Really? You don't understand why throwing someone under the bus that you had previously referred to as a good friend and someone that you would never consider fighting made him less popular?

It wouldn't matter if Rashad was at a Mike Kyle level of unpopularity, that was one of the lamest moves ever. You don't treat your friends that way.

I think that is the main reason to dislike him. All the other things where bad(DUI was very bad and dangerous) or annoying(the cockiness), but that one stands out to me.

If he could swallow his pride and ask Rashad for his forgiveness, I think it would do a lot for him.

When did Jones throw Rashad under the bus?

1/28/13 3:31 PM
Salokcin69
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Blake -
vaginal tear - I don't think people in general like you. Phone Post
This Phone Post
That.^ Phone Post
1/28/13 4:00 PM
aka_rtotheoh

i like him Phone Post
1/28/13 4:05 PM
Fly Rodder

"Rashad got butthurt over the comment and chose to leave the team."

And while Rashad was playing around with injuries and waiting for his title shot, Jones was offered instead, buzzsawed through shogun, and Rashad realized he was never ever going to touch LHW gold again.

Jones is a good dude. Insecure dickheads heap too many impossible expectations on him.

1/28/13 4:08 PM
Vote me down

Jones is amazing. Fuck his real life, im here to watch him kick ass in the cage. It's exactly what he does too. 

1/28/13 6:09 PM
mrjedens
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vote me down - 

Jones is amazing. Fuck his real life, im here to watch him kick ass in the cage. It's exactly what he does too. 

this 1000xx

ppl are so caught up with fighter's personal lives and personality, it's fucking creepy

how bout we just watch them fight each other
1/28/13 6:51 PM
jimbonice

After his last Q&A, he's kind of growing on me now. He was relaxed, unscripted and handled the questions very well. Phone Post
1/28/13 7:23 PM
vaginal tear
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Snake28 -
QFT. Phone Post
It's a forum. I'm allowed to have an opinion and I think people in general don't like him. Personally I think interviewers ask questions just to get headlines like this. He is already one of the greatest cage fighters ever but he is still growing as a person. Phone Post
1/28/13 7:50 PM
HandyDarsh
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

vaginal tear -
Snake28 -
QFT. Phone Post
It's a forum. I'm allowed to have an opinion and I think people in general don't like him. Personally I think interviewers ask questions just to get headlines like this. He is already one of the greatest cage fighters ever but he is still growing as a person. Phone Post
QFT Phone Post
1/28/13 7:52 PM
yellow c0ckahlc

Jones: I don't think a lot of fighters like me

1/28/13 8:07 PM
ABE FROMAN

People/this forum need to get over it.

It's like Kimbo-hate, so 4 years ago.

My gripe with Jones was what he addressed in the interview, he was a kid trying to live up to all these expectations and in the end wasn't able to do so. 

Now you can tell he's 100% real, no preaching, no fakeness, he's just who he is.

I like that guy.

1/28/13 8:28 PM
KZTT_W85
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Later Phone Post
1/28/13 8:58 PM
chaplinshouse
650 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/28/13 8:58 PM
vaginal tear - 
Snake28 -
QFT. Phone Post

lighten up francis, he's agreeing with u, as do i.  QFT = quoted for truth

1/28/13 9:55 PM
WoodenPupa
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The thing with this guy is, you either love him, or hate him, or don't really care either way. There's no in between.
1/28/13 10:17 PM
Tolstolobic

Sorry Jon, didn't read Phone Post
1/28/13 10:42 PM
Tolstolobic

Nobody likes arrogance brotha Phone Post
1/28/13 11:06 PM
Choken Necks
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The guy is a amazing fighter, probably thee best ever to compete. That is enough for my respect and admiration.
1/28/13 11:07 PM
ServiceOfSilence
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think it is jealously. People like Anderson and he's got unbelievable skills, and there are tons of other great fighters that are young and successful and they don't generate the same feeling. I think people don't like Jones because he's not being real. He's incredibly gifted and successful which has made him extrememly confident to the point of arrogance, but instead of owning it and just being that guy, he tries to play this super nice guy. It make him seem fake and I think that's why he rubs people the wrong way.
1/28/13 11:39 PM
circulation123

I don’t know if he is likeable or not. But I get the feeling that he won’t make a good coach because he is so athletically gifted that he won’t understand why other guys can’t do what he does or learn as quickly as he does. I think some of the things he does is so instinctive that I don’t know if he is able to communicate it to other fighters.

That’s just my feeling.

I think he would make a great sparring partner though.
1/29/13 12:19 AM
Rear Naked Chode
355 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can admit that I don't like him because he stomped all my favorite fighters. I was so stoked when they announced jones to replace rashad vs shogun. Thought it was a much better fight. Then he destroyed all my favs one by one.

I don't really care all that much about his personal life to hate him, but I don't like his eye poking during fights.

Regardless, he's one hell of a fighter, and that's what I pay to see.
1/29/13 1:56 AM
DaddyGorg

It's a hard age to be talking to the media all the time.
1/29/13 1:56 AM
MartialArtsMixed
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think it's because he seems like a fake guy, and we all know one if those in our life. Phone Post
1/29/13 1:59 AM
6ULDV8
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like him a lot, but haven't watched the video because I can't stand watching him.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.