UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> My god this stealth choke!

1/28/13 1:00 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
groundfighter2000
469 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvpOSN2PnW0&feature=player_embedded

Magid Hage vs Zack Maxwell Abu Dhabi Pro Trials San Diego
1/28/13 1:02 PM
T-Ham
315 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1/28/13 1:16 PM
vegard
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nice
1/28/13 2:07 PM
That Guy in the Back
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think his grip was super deep. It does work the first time on most people. However - I think Zak thought he was going to counter it with the armbar and got caught in between the armbar and the quasi-triangle position from the top. I think if he would have gotten his right leg in front of Magid's face and extended his hips he could have broken the grip with the armlock.
1/28/13 2:21 PM
checkuroil
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's his move. He is an expert at it. He's caught me with it before Phone Post
1/28/13 2:49 PM
A_Butler
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice choke technique. Poor swing technique. He needs to take some b.p. Phone Post
1/28/13 3:00 PM
puppet
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shit did he have to let him advance that far to sink in the choke? Couldn't do it from half guard? Phone Post
1/28/13 3:00 PM
elburrogrande
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

blue belt showing a sold instructional of the technique. Blue namer please:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y79QjOJ4nZ8
1/28/13 3:01 PM
elburrogrande
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

puppet -  Shit did he have to let him advance that far to sink in the choke? Couldn't do it from half guard? Phone Post

check out the instructional. you have to let them pass
1/28/13 3:15 PM
Shemhazai
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jeff Glover almost hit the brabo choke equivalent to this setup on Caio Terra at Metamoris.
1/28/13 3:58 PM
delicious bass
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I got put to sleep with this choke at a seminar I taught at Rio jiu jitsu. Rolling after the seminar I saw the choke coming, passed and mounted and was 3/4 of the way to finishing the armlock when I went to sleep. Haha. Was pretty funny in retrospect. Phone Post
1/28/13 4:20 PM
flee76
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

elburrogrande - blue belt showing a sold instructional of the technique. Blue namer please:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y79QjOJ4nZ8
Holy shit! You are the man Elburrogrande!!

I've been searching for that vid. I thought it was called ninja choke, no wonder why this vid has been eluding me these past few years. Phone Post
1/28/13 4:23 PM
bgup619
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dude is a pro at that choke.. put Clark Gracie to sleep with it yesterday too..
1/28/13 4:49 PM
Hywel Teague
262 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

delicious bass - I got put to sleep with this choke at a seminar I taught at Rio jiu jitsu. Rolling after the seminar I saw the choke coming, passed and mounted and was 3/4 of the way to finishing the armlock when I went to sleep. Haha. Was pretty funny in retrospect. Phone Post
Embarrassing but I know someone who got put to sleep at a seminar he was giving and he shit his pants while was out :/ Phone Post
1/28/13 4:57 PM
falsecrack
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/28/13 4:58 PM

I feel like voting myself down for that last failure

For elburrogrande

1/28/13 5:44 PM
flee76
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hywel Teague -
delicious bass - I got put to sleep with this choke at a seminar I taught at Rio jiu jitsu. Rolling after the seminar I saw the choke coming, passed and mounted and was 3/4 of the way to finishing the armlock when I went to sleep. Haha. Was pretty funny in retrospect. Phone Post
Embarrassing but I know someone who got put to sleep at a seminar he was giving and he shit his pants while was out :/ Phone Post
Whatever happens in training stays in training? Phone Post
1/28/13 5:49 PM
The Mat Pimp
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zak is freakishly strong and probably thought he would pass and then arm bar. I've made the same mistake and got choked unconscious, so I always break the collar grip before passing. Magid clearly has spent a lot of time perfecting this technique.
1/28/13 6:20 PM
Hywel Teague
262 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

flee76 -
Hywel Teague -
Oh he's quite happy to tell the story himself should you ask Phone Post
1/28/13 6:24 PM
elburrogrande

flee76 - 
Hywel Teague -

or goes on youtube?
1/28/13 6:26 PM
delicious bass
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That wasn't me btw. I just had a little nap. Phone Post
1/28/13 6:50 PM
thesalfordmongoose
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There's a blue belt in London who has this down to a fine art, we was putting purples to sleep with it at Rogers when he was a white. Think he's quite annoyed the technique is mainstream now. Haha. Phone Post
1/28/13 6:51 PM
thesalfordmongoose
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The defence is to go knee on belly as soon as you pass. It's a race though! Phone Post
1/28/13 7:05 PM
ogjune
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This guy tapped zak and put Clark to sleep with this move in one day? Unbelievable
1/28/13 7:56 PM
JESK
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post
1/28/13 7:57 PM
tio te
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He caught another really tough black belt with the same choke too, but I don't know his name. Can anybody tell me the third guy's name?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.