UnderGround Forums

JKD UnderGround >> Book Recommendationis

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

1/28/13 1:53 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Stickgrappler
2329 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm sure there are quite a few threads floating in archives on Book Recommendations. Given a whole slew of new books on the market, I'm curious what books have you read and would recommend.

Mine:

2 newer books (by now old) that I reco for self-defense interests:

Rory Miller - Meditations on Violence
Rory Miller - Facing Violence

Next!
1/29/13 11:15 AM
Joe Maffei
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yo stickgrappler How R U Brother. Good idea I have a few, there old but for most these days, are still very new..... some are kinda doc's though.

1.The Bible
2.The Constitution
3.The Bill of rights
4. The Declaration of Independence.
5.Common sense
6.The Art of virtue.

If we are going to educate ourselves in regards to fighting, we might as well understand what we would be fighting for... :-)

Just my 2 cents but we could all read, How to punch harder and faster, but I think punching is going to be outlawed soon.... :-)
1/29/13 12:28 PM
Stickgrappler
2329 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maffei sifu,

*bows deeply*

Hanging in here... could be better, could be worst, ain't complaining lol

Kids are old enough to take care of themselves...strayed from the Way/Path... getting back on slowly but surely

Excellent point on 'what we are fighting for'!

LOL at punching being outlawed soon and it hurts when I laugh at that.

~sg
1/29/13 12:31 PM
Stickgrappler

Hope you, your loved ones and your students/fighters are all healthy and happy!
2/4/13 2:47 PM
jrrrrr
547 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

focusing on MA,
the #1 book to read is Sun Tzu's The art of War.
#2 For morality in warfare..(this will be debatable)..the bible..
#3 books on kinesiology and basic physics,basic anatomy.

"...punching is going to be outlawed soon..." I was training with some people from New Jersey. From what they said of that state laws,you can be arrested for doing most anything that one would do to defend yourself. Outside of defending yourself from the specific initial attack, you can be considered an aggressor.
2/4/13 5:31 PM
Stickgrappler

>"...punching is going to be outlawed soon..." I was training with some people from New Jersey. From what they said of that state laws,you can be arrested for doing most anything that one would do to defend yourself. Outside of defending yourself from the specific initial attack, you can be considered an aggressor.

wtf?!?!
2/26/13 9:55 AM
WidespreadPanic
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/26/13 9:56 AM

This is the case in England. You do anything in response to an attack and you can be prosecuted. They see us like kids and since they can't be there (except if there are cams), they don't want contention so both are punished.

If you have two kids who are fighting constantly that's what you do. You're trying to teach them not to use physicality. In the case of society you til the odds toward the criminal so this method is faulty.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.